Monday - Name your first

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday - Name your first

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:20 pm

I never realized that lay and lie were taught to me in school. It has always been automatic. wow! great video but how to explain it. direct object 8-)
so if I hear a woman screaming about grammar, I will know it is you d lady!

hi d harmony great job on your first things first
I've come to the conclusion our lives here are too busy with everything and we try to keep up at a fast pace which is hard and nerve wracking.

true.
so glad you had a nice time Sunday!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:21 pm

I am sitting here biding my time before we leave. I am trying not to be sad - how silly - dd will be her next week for Thanksgiving

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:06 pm

LadyM...

Things lay and people lie :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Yes — Rose is right — hens lay and people lie.
Hens LAY because they PUT/PLACE something in their nest.
People lie because they REST.

I will lay (put) my book on the table.
I laid (put) the book on the table.
I have laid(put) my book there every day.

I will lie (rest) on the couch for an hour.
I lay (rested) there all day Saturday.
I have lain (rested) here long enough; time to get to work.

Does that help any?
The only time LAY is used for a person should be in the past tense meaning restED.
LAID is never used for a person.

And if you really want to have fun, try teaching that to a bunch of ninth grade boys....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

I dud my first chore today, dumped the trash. H left for a meeting with his brother , maybe two of them, not sure. It is to do with farm business. I told him to be sure and get phone #. Dson siad we need a current contact list of phone #. He is right. H. said they will do lunch and he might stop by work after to see if they needed him. He took the rig I usually use had said he was going to use the other one, no worries it is not my errand day.

The fog has burned office is sunny out now. I did some writing and got planning done. I am getting nagged for more rocks but just not feeling it. I have a few dish clothes but will not be putting them out till Dec. So I can get a count of how many I made up. They will have to wait it is someone else's turn. Without kids here it is not so motivating I am doing some big girl activities that I enjoy. Our team lost Sun.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:27 pm

thank you d lucy - very clear for me as well.
lol re: teaching this to 9th grade boys
:lol:

hi d nancy
waving at you too!

dropped dd and d mom at airport. praying for a safe and nice flight. I always worry about peanut dust when dd is flying.

yesterday dogs got into chocolate - 3 bags from the Christmas stash gifts. how they found it I will never know (I honestly didn't think they could smell through the bags. They usually don't notice. Thank goodness they are okay - I wasn't home but dh told me they got the chocolate when he was home.

time to go upstairs and work

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:55 pm

-I did a room(s) declutter and put away. and a blessing in those rooms. I had a corny christmas movie on but I was able to get a lot done.
it looks pretty nice for Thanksgiving
-Hung up my laundry
-I had to rewash the towels that I left in the wash since Saturday

I wanted to finish my home blessing but it's not going to be.
It's so weird to not having dd and d mom home. Mom was very anxious but i know once she adjusts herself to being south again she will be okay.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Home again. I went on to the library for a research day today, after the dr appointment. I got home about 6:15, poor muffin had her legs crossed so we went ahead and walked around the block.

Dh is away tonight. I made myself a quesadilla for supper, turned on the gas fireplace and am relaxing.

Dr appointment was ok. I need to start monitoring my BP.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:09 pm

I walked the dog. Raked leaves and worked on bujo designs. H just called and is in the driveway now. Enjoyed our sunshine. Yep did some Nano writing.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 pm

I think the lay/lie difference is not in the category of particularly grating grammar mistakes. Often exchanged without sounding too "off", even geniuses interchange them sometimes. For instance, geniuses Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan each made fortunes with the error. ;)

The weather here is drenching rain. Nothing good to say about it. Yuck.

The titles for PWYC have been great fun. Wish I'd had time to join in more but I have loved reading the posts. Very good for me. I have a lot to pull up my big girl attitude about. And this house was as BookSaver described at FIRST, before we added on. I, too, have enjoyed expanding-house dreams before - they are fun ones, but a bit of a jolt to awaken without the new rooms!

I managed to get a cell-phone video of dd20 leading the singing yesterday at church. How long have I had a cell phone and just now learning this. I am not naturally tech-savvy. Sound on it was weak, but I don't think anyone could have fixed that.

WMs - we have a good older one and a bad newer one. At good one, we find nice, understandable people who seem calm and personable. At bad one, we hesitate to enter. Not much nice-ness. The bad newer one is also the one with a poorly designed parking lot and dreadfully tight aisles of very high stacks of merchandise. I think the "feeling" of physical pressures makes things worse.

As far as nutty-ness, maybe it's the fact that WM shopping might be such a long experience - like shopping at many smaller stores but still together - that gives some people a "we're all in this together" idea. Maybe some feel freed to chat (or are starving for chat by the time they finish?).

Power-cleaned SOME of the refrigerator today.

Return to “Post When You Can”