anti-procrastination Wednesday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

anti-procrastination Wednesday.

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am

sorry to start again but it is almost 9 am. so so sorry.

Don't stress yourself today - don't over-goal - do something for you during your day.

What is on your mind/l*st/journal/3 x 5's that you have been procrastinating about?

Are you over thinking which is making it stressful!

GET 'er DONE!

have a great day!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday.

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:56 am

you know I love quotes :shock: :roll: :P :D ;) :lol: 8-)

This one came across on Wednesdays A better life with Kat.

"Don't lie to yourself"
"it won't take long"
"Don't make it harder than it has to be"

Kat

I do this all the time to myself. I always put things off because I don't want to do it and I make myself believe it is a yucky job and will take a lot of time and energy. When I use my timer (I grumble at my timer when I start it (I won't tell you what I say as this is a family site - lol no not really say bad things but I sure complain) - yep, I do), I find the job is not (usually) such a pain.

So today: is bill, paperwork filing, menu planning, necessary phone calls
anti-procrastination: cook the food that I should have cooked (so it doesn't go bad)
I have a basket in the front hall that needs put away-ing
present wrapping
check - checking and charges as I haven't looked at it since November 1 (afraid to look)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 am

Blessed - thanks for the start. YGG!

My card system shows me exactly what I am procrastinating on. One of the ways that my SHE cards are sorted is by how many times I have skipped them. I use this information to do WTF card every day. The #1 procrastinating card today is "Make 1 decision in the garage". I haven't done this daily card since Oct 15th....which means it has been skipped 29 times. I'm not skipping it because I don't want to do it, but it is just a matter of time and energy available. This is an important card in helping me make steady progress decluttering the garage with minimum effort.

CCC = 30

today's activities =
** Homeschool
** 1:30 DS10 very first ever band concert.
** 4:30 pick up three 6' sub sandwiches for the church meal.
** 6:00 meal with the church family
** 7pm - worship service
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

:?: why is blessed sorry to start? Does not compute. I like LadyM's response to that, lol. ygg

Also amused that LadyM has a WTF card. I'm going to have to abbreviate that WTFirst or WorstTF, because my brain is slow to replace previous assumptions.

We are anti-procrastinating a change to vehicle insurance today.

Thinking of Kathryn and Dee. Hoping Ramblin' feels well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 am

you two make me smile! and YGG to both of you too!!!

I love your card file d lady! great job on knowing what needs to be done. I had to laugh at the garage and the 29 times not done... i stopped looking at some jobs :o and not marking it down :roll: ;) - I have missed 3 weeks of dog brushing and cat brushing - poor animals. so today that is on my anti procrastination day. I have been waiting until the end of the day to do it and then I am pooped. Dogs are embarrassed to go outside bc all the other dogs are looking spiffy.

d harriet
because my brain is slow to replace previous assumptions.
me too :lol:
you are witty and I love it! Your writing and wit make my day.

I love my card file as well but have not been doing zones - I am still in the midst of projects and decluttering. I am keeping up with my home blessing again (even if it has had to be spread over the week).
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am

so far
emptied the dw
cleaned the sink and counters again
opened a ma zon packages of dd youngers - it was okay with her. what a waste of boxes and paper.
I put the emptied things in dd youngers room
(poor dh so all the wrapping and it overwhelmed him - so I took care of it for recycling. it was a lot!!!)

trying to talk dd younger to go get blood work done as she is still having problems - I want her to check her kidneys. She wants to do it when she is home.

quick check in again

dh is killing me with wanting more heat on in the house. He won't wear a winter jacket but freezes in the house. don't get me wrong, I love him to pieces. I just like to complain 8-)
his sweet d mom used to have it at 80 in her house. dh is getting that way too. I am getting a bit cranky about it. But dh won't use a space heater either. because he says he needs more heat in his library bc of humidity and heat is needed for his books. he doesn't want to spend the money on the electric bill for the heater. Okay I got my complaining done ... lol ... for now.

home blessed kitchen surface but not deep clean :D
home blessed hall way and stairs :D
home blessed dining room :D

I will come back and say hi to everyone
dh and I are going to lunch soon
d kathryn (I am sorry you have shingles but so glad they found out)

hello to all.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Good title for today.

Yesterday when the rash appeared, I googled adult rash after fever. The response on one site was a fever doesn't seem to be too unusual and a rash seems to bear watching but if the two come together, get thee to a doctor.

So I did.

I have shingles.

If I had procrastinated the anti-viral meds would be not be as effective. Still no guarantee I won't get the extreme effects but at least I stand a chance of having a mild case.

And no, the doctor had never seen start on a foot.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Gasp! (still gasping, wait for it... ...) I was so sure Harmony's thought was only interesting, not accurate!

Oh, best wishes for a VERY mild case, Kathryn. Stomping my foot with you ... ... well, no we'd better put those down gently. Still, unfair, unfair.

My card system shows me exactly...

I love my card file...

I should put a big heart on mine and hug it every day. It would give me even MORE help than it already does, if I would give it more time and use it better. My busyness even extends to being too busy to have as much card file efficiency as I'd like.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Oh Kathryn, I am so glad you got to the doc today!

In the procrastination museum of excellence, I am Exhibit A today. I realized about 30 min ago that I have a hair appt, now in 20 min. I have not been doing something as useless as writing, I have been going through Evernote to be sure genealogy notes are tagged. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am out the door. Just gave dMuffin a very short walk, and am sipping my breakfast smoothie as I go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Hug to K in C.

I need to do every thing I have been procrastinating on all but bare minimum chores. With out realtor push I sighed relief and went down the nano rabbit hole. Got a big book from the library... Yep another rabbit hole. So 100 pages per day no more. So I can get stuff done.
Zone work kit. Counters need attn. And swiffering the dining room and desk duty top three next up.

I am reading 'The Book Thief' after seeing it on the top 100 pbs special not really sure what all the fuss is over this book I am underwhelmed it was from a jr hi library, a dark mood during the war. So 100 pages in I want to be done with this one. Seems I saw a movie of this ane it was not so dark. I have to be careful reading so I do not get sucked in to a dark place.

Have a great gal gals.

Return to “Post When You Can”