anti-procrastination Wednesday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday.

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 pm

((((Kathryn))))) - Eeek! Shingles are no fun at all!! I had them years ago and still remember the pain. I thought it was poison ivy and by the time I finally went to the doctor, it was in pitiful shape with open wounds.

DH and DMom have taken the new shingle vaccine this year upon recommendation from family doctor. The vaccine requires 2 shots taken 2-6 months apart. DH got both of his shots at Sam's pharmacy with no issues. DMom took her first shot at WGreens in July and has tried several times to get her 2nd shingle shot. WGreens keep telling her the new shingle vaccine is back ordered. I'm taking DMom next Tuesday to try again to get her 2nd shot.

Harmony! CONGRATULATIONS!! What a huge milestone to reach! I am so very happy for you! Hopefully, this will be your last huge construction project and you can enjoy your retirement. And hopefully, your DH will turn his talents in a different direction and find the fulfillment he is seeking.

DS10 first performance with the band was a success (the bar is really low). LOL DS10 said he was shaking while he was playing because he was scared. I couldn't tell that he was shaking but DH and I noticed his squinty eye tic was happening about 20 times a minutes while he was playing. I was afraid he wouldn't be able to see well enough to play but he didn't mention it. We stopped on the way home and got him an ice cream sundae to celebrate his successful first-time performance.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I stopped by our Walgreens here in AZ to see if Mr. Guy and I had moved up on the shingles list. We were put on the list on Oct. 7th and were #60. We are STILL #60! I am so annoyed. What is the deal with Walgreens that they can't get their shipments. We are now told it will be Christmas before they receive it. This is the third time we have been told this. I am thinking I should try another pharmacy, but Walgreens is where we get all our injections and they keep track of it. What to do.... :roll:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:01 pm

NORMA! waving at you. Have you tried the local grocery store pharmacy? or your dr.'s office. I am so sorry you have to wait!
I had to go to my dr.s office. Call around.
waving hi to you.

d lady my d mom did the same. Congratulations to your d son! How lovely!

d harmony I ditto what our d lady said !!!
Harmony! CONGRATULATIONS!! What a huge milestone to reach! I am so very happy for you! Hopefully, this will be your last huge construction project and you can enjoy your retirement. And hopefully, your DH will turn his talents in a different direction and find the fulfillment he is seeking.

hi d nancy I think the library has a scanner you can use. we have one here. hope you had a nice walk with your d dog.

I finally finished my home blessing!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Harmony, I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but would he be happy volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. Even if he was just a mentor passing along his skills to other volunteers.

Dd phoned to see if I could 'Skype babysit' dgs while she looked at a car. The owner was bringing it to them so dgs would be tied up in the highchair and I would only have to interact with him to keep him from getting bored. Unfortunately that's more brain cycles than I have right now.

My fever stayed below 101 until late afternoon and is almost 103 again. I feel so sick.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 pm

I made no bake cookies for DS10 to take to his 2nd Thanksgiving meal of the year. The cookies are cooling now and will hopefully be okay to package by time to leave. DS10 requested a pumpkin pie but I didn't have the time available to make/bake it.

DH turned down an invite to eat with his extended family on Thanksgiving Day. It is just a huge amount of people and the crowd & noise level is so high that it is impossible to visit with each other. I told DH that I was considering cooking on Thanksgiving Day and inviting those who don't have any place to go. I named off several people but DH is dead-set against me stretching myself to cook another Thanksgiving meal. He said we are going out to eat on Thanksgiving Day and if those people wanted to join us then he would buy their meal too. O.K.A.Y. Decision is final. I will cook a ham and a turkey on Saturday to take to Sunday Thanksgiving meal with our church family. I'll be making a huge pan of dressing, pumpkin and pecan pies too. That should be the extent of my Thanksgiving cooking this year.

DH picked up 18 hams and turkeys today from the grocery store. He will distribute those tonight at church for the volunteers who will cook them and bring them ready to serve on Sunday. Monday DH will help deliver ham/turkeys & boxes filled with ingredients to make a complete Thanksgiving meal to 30 local families in need.

I called several pharmacies asking if the new shingle vaccine was available. It seems everyone is out. WM, CVS, Target, Sams, etc. No one knew when they would receive the next shipment of vaccine.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Yes, me too on the shingles vaccination. I had it in the spring and now CVS can't get the second round. Dr told me on MOnday that local health dept may have it, I am to ck there next.

Had a glass of wine and caught up with dfriend M.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:12 pm

LadyM: me-of-little-brain can't figure out what the no-bake cookies are cooling down from.

Are they feverish like I am?

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:18 pm

blessedw2 - I wasn't able to get the shingles vaccine at home from my doctor before we left. He said we could only get it from a pharmacy. I think it is strange they tell us to get the second round of vaccine and it isn't to be had any place. :roll:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Nope the library close by to us does not have a scanner. I checked there first when I was there last week. They only have black ink also. The down town library has colored ink and can scan stuff. Went to pick up another book at the library. Walked the dog the rest of the short walk.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 pm

(((Kathryn))))

No Bake Cookies aren't baked but the ingredients are boiled for a minute then dropped onto a wax paper to cool. I ended up putting the cookies in the freezer to get them cool enough to package. DS10 was pleased and super grateful so the effort was worth the hassle. DS10 and one of his friends were willing taste-testers to make sure the cookies turned out good and were cool enough for me to package. That's their story and they are sticking with it.

I am going through a phase of eating turnip greens. I can't get enough of them. Strange! My dinner tonight is a mixture of meat (4oz), barley, brown rice and 12 oz of turnip greens. I am enjoying every bite so I don't care how strange it seems.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”