Get it Together Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Get it Together Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 am

I'll take the pressure off bw2 today and start us out! :lol:

I'll call it "Get it Together" because this week, I really haven't. I haven't used my journal to plan, I haven't done routines faithfully.

But today, it's all different because I am Together.

And posting here, being with my friends and fellow villagers, we'll all be together as well.

And now....I'm getting on with it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Get it Together Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am

waving good morning d twins!!! thank you for starting us! :D :D :D
pressure off :lol:

I love the start!
Have a wonderful day d Twins!!! and everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 am

I woke up early but tried to pretend (to my mind) that I should sleep more - it didn't work. 8-)
Even the dogs were annoyed that I woke up early :lol: it was the look my younger dog gave me that mad me laugh out load (literally).

Today I moved my BWP around a little bit this week. I made Tuesday my errand day, I used Wednesday to finish off my home blessing and other things.
Today:
1. I told dd older I would do her laundry - I thought it would be a little 8-) So today I will have 5 loads of laundry. It's amazing what can be squeezed into one basket. (it was a mound but 5 loads of laundry !!!)
2. paperwork and bills and menu plan - usually Wednesday but I ran out of time.
4. make dinner early this am. freeze some for holidays

I had a nice meeting with kat yesterday. she is a blessing! a kind good person.

she and I talked about this week's goals.
1. menu plan for ww (not perfect and know I will change my mind during the week but get a basic idea that is doable)
2. make healthy snack boxes because I get the munchies) - take the thinking out of it.
3. continue my work getting rid of all the empty boxes (plastic) - a little at a time and put in the front or donate 15 minutes at a time.
4. don't over goal with cooking or grocery shopping to save money on food (and not waste food)
5. Christmas lights
6. brush the dogs.
7. go to Tuesday's ww meeting

My own: on errand day:
My holiday goal: buy Christmas stamps.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 am

oh my goodness - I am getting caught up in my own brain and not working. Now that is a rabbit hole :shock:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 am

I was up before 8 - I think I forgot to set my alarm last night, it's usually set for seven but I hit snooze a lot.

I would like to be out of here by 10:30 to go to courthouse to look up some old deeds. I have a therapy appt at three, either before therapy appt or after I need to get a few things at the grocery and I'm making an easy soup for tonight.

-s2s
-make bed
-breakfast/meds
-walk dog
-kitchen clean up

And I'm off....

I just set up my new scale. I'm sure I've commented on how I didn't think the old one was working well. So this one syncs to my iPad and computes BMI also. Dh said he wasn't sure he wanted to know those kind of things....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 am

Today will be no more together for me than any day in the past 10.

But I am reaping the small bit of together I had back in September when I was dealing with the damaged tire. I booked the 'snow tires on' appointment for today. Most years they don't get on until December. Lately our weather has been too warm for winter tires until then. But this year, putting them on November 1 would have been better.

Still the timing works well, there is a snow storm starting at 4 this afternoon and we'll have up to 6 inches of snow on the ground by the morning!

I was up for hours in the night and don't feel good. Stomach is queasy but I forced down breakfast. It did not help. I'm back in bed now.

I'm going to try and stay awake until 10, then go to sleep for a bit.

If I manage rest and a shower I will call today a success.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 am

that is a success d kathryn!
(((healthy healing and take it easy))) sending lots of love.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 am

I saw d harriet - hello.

I am stressing about looking at my checking account - which I haven't looked at since november 1,2.
just bite the bullet and look

checked it - time for bills.

watch out complain time to get it off my chest so that I can be nice and cheerful the rest of the day. ;)

Also dh has been complaining he still doesn't have any money (even now that everything comes out of my checking account and he gets enough money each month to have him be comfortable and happy. - he has money and he also paid off his last of 933 for his car loan two days ago. who does that (he doesn't plan ahead and break things down and wonders why he is short at times. He has done this all of our married life. mmmm. He said he already spent the money he gets for the month - I don't know what numbers he is seeing! ;) dd's were worried but know him; they said he is always be crying poor - not big time complaining but a constant note. (dd's were not saying it in a mean way about their d dad but in a endearing "oh that's dad". They have talked to me to find out if he is broke or not as he claims -working hard to be as kind of possible as i know it is just part of what he does, I know what is going on financially. He doesn't want to spend his ss money. :shock: 8-) ;) He is a good man but this is one of his quirks! of course I am perfect :lol: 8-) :D

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 am

Good morning! Although it feels like about 2:30 am right now. This cough syrup really is drowse inducing. I will have to get a caffeinated coke to drive home. I'm glad most of today's tasks are routine.

Last night did not go as expected. I had a broken water line to the swamp cooler. That should have been ok until spring except that the valve going to it also failed. Water pouring down my roof, but at least the leak caulking held. That is now temporarily plugged, but will need a better plug. Fortunately, payroll sits right next to a hardware store. Tonight I can install it while DD16 studies for finals. Other than that, I replaced my watch and did a little Christmas crochet.

I'm not sure that DD has to go as far as banning non-GF dog food (at least for now), but I will definitely tell her to wash up afterward. She is the primary dog feeder in her other house. Of course, they feed some sort of premium dog food and it may already be GF.

LadyMaverick: If you are craving a food, especially a healthy one, your body probably needs it. Continue to enjoy the turnip greens! You are not alone, I get cravings for lettuce.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am

I am heading out. A.m. routine done except for continuing with some laundry. I don't want to leave anything wet in the washer while out.

bw2, so dh has always been this way, it's not just since he was ill and isn't working now? Not getting a paycheck is bound to make him feel that way, too. My dh is kind of the same way about a lot of things, crying poor. We booked Ellis island tickets last weekend and he made me look all over the website to find out that I qualified for a senior ticket, and saved $4.50. And I just wrote a check from "his" account to "my" account and he will probably have checked online before he gets home today and saw it. (So you reminded me I needed to ck my account, and the phone app wouldn't work because it wasn't the latest version. So I went online and checked, and wrote a check and prepared to deposit it electronically with my phone. So I had to update the app. And now....it's "Temporarily unavailable" and I need to go by the bank. Sometimes technology isn't a good thing.)

Return to “Post When You Can”