Get it Together Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Get it Together Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I keep reminding myself that "Getting it Together" is a journey, not a destination. I am so very thankful for this group to travel with on this journey.

Homeschool has not had a smooth start. We have stopped, adjusted and restarted SIX times this morning. Hopefully, the rest of the day will go smoothly.

One of DS10 daily reading assignments is "Select & read a newspaper article and verbally summarize". The purpose of this assignment is obviously reading with the added benefit for him to scan the headlines which helps keep him aware of events. It also has another purpose as it gets him used to neatly opening/folding a newspaper. What DS10 doesn't know is that he is on the front page of the newspaper today. I am waiting for him to pick up the newspaper and see his picture.

Today's activities -
** Homeschool
** 1:30 DS10 to STEM class
** Return library books and check out new ones for the week
** 3:45 DGD7 from school
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Loki may be getting another foster home - one with no other cats, but two husky mixes. I think this will be ideal. He may try to be top animal in that house, and may even succeed, but he won't traumatize a couple of huskies! Still cannot wake up.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm

I am up sinus issues, trying to get my head to clear up. A bit of clear thinking would be appreciated. Sun is very bright out today. H got to story tell I g and was out the door a bit late. I need to make the groc list out. I think I might be allergic to the ink on a book I got from the lib. Yesterday. Not fun. Had very creative dreams. :mrgreen: considering a fly lady theme / focus bujo. :idea:

A class mate sent her last chain mail message found the ignore setting yea me!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Nancy wrote:A class mate sent her last chain mail message found the ignore setting yea me!

Yup! Yay Nancy!

I'm getting brutal with the report phishing and report spam buttons on gmail as well as the block user option.) I don't deploy against real people I know (there are unsubscribe buttons for services that have my email legitimately and I'll just block or delete without reading others) but for businesses that I have not given my addy to, I now report as spam or worse. Because I don't know if Kaylon has entered my addy with these companies or if it is an elaborate phishing scam. In the past week, I've receive emails confirming I've been signed up for an online dating site, another job search site and am getting notifications from Papa John's that my pizza is being made (and then another email saying it is ready.) If I could figure out how to cancel the pizzas, I would!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:58 pm

there is the most beautiful soft snowflakes coming down right now.
I am paying bills
but listening to beautiful Christmas music
Missing d mil terribly - probably the holiday music reminds me she is not here.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

"Honey, I'm home!" Got in about 6:30 last night. Dh got to DD's around noon yesterday. I'm extremely tired today and trying to rest off and on. Slowly taking care of our many bags. I said it here first, "I AM NOT BRINGING ANY GROCERIES SOUTH NEXT FALL!" Bet I've had at least 4-5 bags of grocery items. These are besides all the things I sent home with our DS's.

Dsisil called me and we chatted about 15 minutes. Not sure how much she'll remember. Dh had wanted to go over there today but I'm really just not up to it. You wouldn't think I'd be this tired when I flew -and a direct flight at that. Do have to remember I had a heart attack less than 3 weeks ago. Things are a bit confusing (for me) surrounding all that and medical people, tests, etc. But I've decided to deal with that another day when I'm more 'with it'.

Stopped to buy dinner at T aco B ell on the way home last night. Dh and I both have leftovers from that to eat for lunch and I'm about ready.

Need to try start doing my exercising today. Want to start getting myself built up again if I can.

Thinking about Harriet & HRH. Never got here yesterday to wish them a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. So please consider yourselves wished this for yesterday and going forward.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Apparently I can't keep it together. Getting dressed I noted a breakout of shingles on my lower left arm. Not together with my right foot and shin at all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

hi d kathryn and d nancy - terrible about the computer stuff! so frustrating

hope you feel better soon d nancy! yay re: getting rid of that spam
Had very creative dreams. :mrgreen: considering a fly lady theme / focus bujo
d nancy so funny.

d elizabeth glad you found a foster family!
my old kitty 22 that had passed away escaped when we first moved into our house and was found on a lounge chair by my neighbours pool. I got a call (with her being so kind and funny about it) where her 2 large goldens were terrified of the cat. They said he was so sweet with them but would just look at her dogs and they would run into the house.

hi d lady - yes "Getting it together" is a journey!!! so thank you are here along with everyone together!
hoping the rest of the day goes smoothly. Also what's great about him giving you a summary is to see how he process the information. (getting the gist of it) dd younger struggled with this in language. It' funny her math seemed so natural where grammar and processing language was a struggle.
funny how that works.
hope you and d son and d gd have a lovely afternoon

hello d twins!
so frustrating re: transferring from his account to yours and the app not letting you connect because it was temporarily unavailable! . Hope the bank can work it out!

I know we just had over a half hour with Adobe for dd younger - they were great! The computer showed she never had an account with them and she has been with them for 3 years. But it is all straightened out.

yes my dh has always been the same way but it has gotten worse since his illness; I think it exasperated the natural dh-ness 8-) :D
dh has been retired bc he couldn't work when he got cancer. They gave him disability at first but took it away a year later. I could always work so that wasn't a problem. I was frustrated at the young woman next to us put on a huge show - moaning etc. - her boy friend came in and she turned and said hi to him regularly and suddenly went on a huge moaning and writhing all over the seats. and I wondered if she got through. There was another, non complaining, woman who clearly was dh's age and so sick - frail and they had to bring her meds with to prove she should be on disability. My heart went to her.

there was no way dh could work...he looks great but he gets overwhelmed and exhausted (many times confused) easily if things are too busy or anyone complains (I get sad when this happens but his schedule is so that it doesn't happen often any more). He also gets so tired but tends to overdo and suffers for it days later. He has extremely set and quiet routines that make him happy - you would never know just looking at him until you see him overwhelmed and is easily exhausted. Then he becomes M onk and dd's think selfish. I don't think he sees it until it is pointed out to him and then he adjusts himself. (first being put out of course but that doesn't last long). . he really is a good sort it is just how he sees things. he sees himself as always poor and sometimes, for me, it annoys me. I am sure I annoy dh as well 8-). Having separate checking accounts have been a blessing for us! :D

When i met dh and we married he had pennies in a tool box and other places that we moved to different houses bc he couldn't bear to cash it in.

oh my d elizabeth I hope you are able get some rest! so sorry you had a broken water line. I will be cheering your dd on as she studies for finals.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Welcome home d Dee!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:03 pm

did I see it was d harriets and HRH anniversary.. Happiest of anniversaries

Return to “Post When You Can”