Firm Grasp Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Firm Grasp Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 am

Having a firm grasp means having control over a situation or extensive knowledge of a subject.

The extensive knowledge we've got.

The control we may fish for a little bit, but it's around here somewhere!

To what might you say today:
Ooooooh, no you don't! Get back in line.

Hope we all get a firm grasp!

blessedw2

Re: Firm Grasp Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 am

your post makes me feel confident in my ability! Thank you d harriet on a great start! changing my thought process to confident! Getting a firm grasp on my attitude so I can get a firm grasp on the rest of the day.

D harriet hello! - I saw d lucy and d lilac from last night: d lucy - hello! also lilac hello! and hello all dear ones!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 am

I have already demonstrated my firm grasp on the situation by changing out a battery on a smoke alarm upstairs. I couldn't hear it while in bed, but once we were up the ddog was feeling very clingy, to the point of sitting under my feet with her head inserted between my knees and not budging. Then she was hiding in the bathroom, where she overturned a plant the last time this happened. Luckily, we had the battery. I took the tall step stool up and had to stand on the step stool under each smoke detector in turn to figure out which one it was...this house has three in very close proximity upstairs. So I feel good about getting it changed out and getting the dog settled. A small victory.

I think this is a day I can use to wrap up loose ends this week to help with packing/leaving on Monday to be away next week. I believe the gal who is dog sitting next week is coming by this afternoon and aside from that I don't have appts out but do have a couple of errands. And we are going to a bat mitzvah in the a.m. at temple so that leaves Sat a.m. out for errands.

Eeeck! Dcleaning lady will be here soon, gotta get things straightened up! From success to lost track of time again....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 am

today is cooking day bc I have been putting it off and now things need to be used.
I also am making snack boxes for the next couple days for me.
I have bananas so I will make 2 types of banana bread - gluten free and regular.

I am grateful that I took a whole day to clean up my papers, desks, plans etc. I didn't menu plan.

dd older comes back for the weekend. I will have to remind her that the no food or garbage rule (take it out after you are done) is in place.

stop by costco for their smoked cooked salmon
Remind family of gift ideas that they need to have before the thanksgiving name pull.

Hair dye at 12:30 (leaving time)
call dr. for dd younger for when she comes home

waving to all of you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 am

hi d twins! yay on changing out the batteries
(((sweet dog)))
I am thrilled the cleaning lady is stopping by your house for you today. I know the feeling of trying to pick up before they come 8-) :D It will be so nice to come into a clean home!

off I go to dailies

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 am

Another rough night. At least I know why I am not sleeping; as soon as I stop doing things (physical or mental) the burning, tingling, itchy, feeling starts. One of the how to cope suggestions was watching tv, and that works. After well over a week of podcasts, though, they don't hold my attention enough to avoid the pain.

I am up and had tea and chocolate for the first time since Sunday.

Weight is starting back up as well. At least I am strong enough to get on the scale.

First load of laundry is done and dh is around to flip it for me if I can't bend enough to do it. I still don't know the state of my back but my next step is to get dressed so I can add my pjs to the next load and get that started.

We are in a snow storm and so that is another reason it was good we cancelled last night's overnight babysitting. Dd has cancelled all their plans for the day due to travel logistics. At least she did not have to get here early in the morning. Dgs is excited to go play in the snow.

The car acquisition is not going well. They found one but the owner had intended to buy out the car at the end of the lease so hasn't kept it up. End of lease penalty is expensive. Poor guy, his grandparents gave him a van for free to help him out but instead it has caused him much grief.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 am

Morning...

Mine started with a migraine around 4am, but I’ve been able to beat it back.

I have a drs appointment for a follow up appointment and a flu shot and may ask Sweetie to drive me there depending how I feel
Later.

Feel down the rabbit hole yesterday while chasing down so ancestry info for Sweeties. His mothers maiden name was Schaffer, but it’s turned into several brick walls. When the census were taken long ago the person who wrote down the information didn’t always confirm the correct way to spell a persons last name. So after many trial and error approaches I found Schaeffer spelled in a variety of ways...Shafer, Shaffer, Schafer, and Schaeffer...just pick one lol

Have an easy hike planned for tomorrow depending on my reaction to my flu shot. My PA promises I won’t get one, but I’ve heard that before.

Thanksgiving will be exciting for me this year. My “kids” are going to tell their family the sex of their baby. I had a very strong dream about my son bring home two lost boys months before they found out they were having a baby. I told my son abt my dream right after I had it so I told them I thought they were having a boy. However my brother and I have 4 boys between us with only one girl so another girl would be a welcomed addition to our family.

Off to rest for a while before I head to the drs office.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

I'm up and moving slowly. Like Kathryn, I didn't have a very good night's sleep but I'm getting there.
At least I am strong enough to get on the scale.
I resemble that remark, Kathryn. :D Hang in there, shingles get better -eventually. Know I was very sick and in a lot of pain for quite some time. Thought it'd never go. Did you feel very 'flu like' at the start along with the fever? Know that was my first sign.

Just finished breakfast and it's nearly 10am. So much for the crossroads of the day! I did put away the clean dishes and dh is going to wash the dirty ones. I'll start piecing away at another bag/suitcase, Should be unpacked totally by tomorrow. Know I need to go at a slower pace for a bit. Did get a very little bit of exercise in.

Think we're going over to dbil/dsisil's for just a little while shortly. We had thought about asking if they wanted to meet us for breakfast but decided against that when I was so very tired last night. Dh meets for breakfast tomorrow with the men from our church. Going to wash my hair as soon as dh finishes the dishes. I can't do it in the shower as I'm too unstable. Didn't wash it once dh filled our holding tank up home as he put way too much chlorine in it. I was truly afraid of my hair turning green. I've asked to not put so much in next spring. :roll: He's one of those guys who think if a little is enough, why not do a lot. He'll often do the same with recipes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am

Kathryn...

When I have bad migraines I find listening to stories on my phone allows me to focus on the story to avoid or block out the pain.

I have an app for Ol Time Radio and listen to Johnny Dollar, he’s an insurance detective. Some stories at 30 minutes while others are A series of 5 15 minute episodes. There are all sorts of radio stories including sci-fi you can listen to for free on the internet. I listen to Johnny Dollar to put me to sleep when I’m having difficulties falling to sleep.

Hope you start to feel better soon
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 am

I can't believe I am struggling with focus and sticking to my work today.

hello d rose! (((hope your migraine goes away))) hope you find the information you are looking for on your dh's d mom's family
hello d dee! yay on your dishes! can they put a chair in your shower. it is helpful.
hello d kathryn. ((((I wish I could take your discomfort away from you))) hoping the car situation works out for him.

I hope coming here I will refocus my efforts on morning routine.
time for quick surface vacuum of first floor

Return to “Post When You Can”