Firm Grasp Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Firm Grasp Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Can you tell if it's helping yet, LucyLee?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Frustrated. Dr only authorized two months of refills on meds I need, not three so insurance doesn't pay. And pharmacy didn't let me know that and now it's too late and we're leaving early on Monday a.m.

I'm going to go to the vet and pick up dog meds and go by and see dmom for a few minutes.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:07 pm

hello again. 2 errands run and a hair dye done. no longer looking like Pepe le pew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsQfTaStcs (not the whole video but i found this to show the old Pepe le pew look)
my hair looks much better.

I decided not to cook today as I need an all day run at it. I have a crock pot recipe but it needs 10 hours.
Instead I will make my menu and snack menu today and a cooking list for tomorrow. I don't want to worry about dinners this week at all.

I need to make a dr. visit for younger old dog as dd younger will be back (I need her help to lift her in the car) think large black german shepherd

I think instead of working I may do some relaxing fun stuff. dd older said she is going to try to head out early to our house bc of the lighting of the Christmas tree.

I asked dh to cash a check for me for the day after Thanksgiving.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:14 pm

I mended my summer purse.

I've done 3 loads of laundry (mostly, still have to fold one and hang to dry the other) and vacuumed and dusted our bedroom. The spare room needs dusting still. I'm pooped out so stopped.

Took my temp and it is creeping up. Of course it does that every evening but I am still disappointed. I got down to 97.1 so thought I would make my normal 96.8 at some point today. (those are actual numbers - other times I have been adding in the extra degrees when talking about my fever.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:22 pm

I am sorry the insurance will only cover the 2 months and not three. silly d twins.

hello d lucy - have a safe trip to college town

yes D dee! good for you on that work out!
Yes your hair is lovely!!!!

praying for your dgd 's and her finals d nancy! yay on having a plan!

hello d elizabeth Good day to you! praying for you dd and her finals as well! That is sad that she wouldn't come bc there were not any single males instead of just coming to enjoy life at a wonderful Halloween party. Wishing your sweet dd a wonderful trip. Glad your cough is getting better

Oh I love that d lady. completed card count = ccc. I will use it if you don't mind

yay on mending your purse and all the work you have done! Maybe your body still needs you to take it a busy easier. I am glad you, at least, got down to 97.1 (that is a huge difference then the 103.00 you had)

hello d everyone.

dd younger said d mom was awful yesterday. She is loosing things and it is worrying her I think. Dd gave her space. I hope d mom is feeling a little nicer and less filled with stress and anxiety today. It is what it is. She is usually a lot less critical these last 5 years (actually fun and sometimes a pill like all people), but I am sure her forgetting dates and where things are is stressing her out.

okay: time for ww menu plan for 2 weeks - I hope having a plan helps me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Hate haggling with insurance, Twins. I've got to do something about our notification for our year end 'choosing' for our health insurance. The packet with our info was sent out October 18th. Can only select from October 28 - November 9th. We received our packet YESTERDAY, NOVEMBER 15th. So once again we're stuck with it for a year. Not sure there's a better choice (at least for now for us) but still...… I always laugh when I see the ads for selection period lasting well into December -ours is like 10 days.

Been trying to figure out if I can drink pepsi zero as part of my requirement of 64oz of water per day. Dr's orders at this point. But all I read about any caffeine is having to drink even more water to overcome it. Having enough trouble getting that 1/2 gallon down. I haven't had coffee since my heart attack 3 weeks ago.

Was going to tell you, Kathryrn, DS-A suffered a concussion Wednesday night (less than 24 hours before his first big snowfall began -when he'd have to be ultra busy). Figured it happened at hockey practice with the RIT team he's helping coach. Well, it was hockey but it was a "mite" player who ran into the back of him, unable to stop, and DS-A never saw him coming (too bad he's not a 'mother' -we all know we have eyes in the back of our heads). DS-R got hurt playing in the sheriff's league a few weeks ago and now has to have shoulder surgery. Needless to say his hockey days are probably done as well.

Dh and dd have taken the 2 dogs to the dog park. The puppy is really raring to go when she hears the word "PARK".

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Can’t tell if it’s helping yet — Doctor said it takes 3-4 weeks.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Well, will pray it's the answer for him, Lucy.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Oh, so sorry your sons have had these injuries, Dee!

I'm beside myself. We've been pulled between pillar and post about either Monday (this) or Monday after Thanksgiving to start the meds, which we assume (?) will end the wise times for people to visit HRH. So hard to plan anything - didn't know whether everyone would come in this weekend and have a hard time with an abbreviated visit (but have the blessing of being finished) OR if we were waiting and would have houseguests/company "as usual" PLUS ddil coming over with an artificial tree to help me decorate fast ... ... uuuhhhggg (swoon)

List of people who want to come sometime is getting long.

Also every day there is something we're supposed to go do - give bodily fluids or hear reports on same. He wants me to go, too, to have two sets of ears, which is wise.

Now (just now on phone) they say definitely Monday after Tday, so now I'll have time to be very ready for everyone and everything can be planned and perfect and just so. :| ( I repeat. :| )

I've begged 2 hours time from dstepdil just to help me think and for WTFirst thinking/doing. I don't know why I'm never embarrassed in front of her. Some people are just laid back and send out that vibe I guess. She could walk in and say, "Your house smells like garbage" and I would say "well, help me snif it out."

Unbelievably (well, ya'll will believe it), HRH has actually decided to do a completely unnecessary fix-it carpentry project in the middle of the hallway tomorrow and Sunday. Oh. My. Goodness. Getting dstepson to help him. Could they BE more in the way and actually PLANNING to be more in the way? I am trying to be understanding. He is being so "good" for so many needles and calendaring of needles. (eeewww)

I like Nancy's idea - I will serve cheese sandwiches. "Did you want something else? Oh, you must be bringing it!" (But, let's get real... .. dd38 can't bring much beyond 2 pies on long car trip. So I won't stick to that, will I?)

Calgon!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Dee:

1. I'm so glad you are settled down there now. I was worried about the stress of the travel, both for you and Mr. Clutter. Yes, it is hard to remember we've been sick and harder still not to push ourselves.

2. I'm sorry your son got a concussion. Hopefully it will heal quickly and not turn into Post Concussion Syndrome.

Harriet: is it too late to put in an order for a cooked dinner from somewhere. Remember, if money will solve IT, IT isn't a problem!

I'm seriously considering doing that for our Christmas dinner this year. It isn't as if dd will be able to do anything, she'll be 2 - 3 weeks away from birthing. But I don't think I can handle this either.

I've got the rest of the laundry handled. Two items need to go into soak to remove stains that didn't come out. I'll dig out some bleach this evening if I can remember. I'm hoping to put fresh sheets on the spare bed. I've been in there for well over a week now so that needs clean sheets too. Although the pillows are OK, I put them to one side and have been using my own.

Dh asked what I was planning for dinner. Sigh.... I'm guessing he noted me doing laundry and vacuuming so decided I was back on the job again. Nope. I have no clue what food we have, I can't remember what food was eaten this week, I do remember vaguely feeling really sick after frozen pizza on Sunday night. And I'm pretty sure I didn't eat Monday night. I have no brain power to plan meals, I have no brain power to write up a grocery list (although I know I'd put Dr. Pepper on it if I did) and I certainly have no energy to cook dinner. I may have the energy to clean up tonight. I may not.

I will have a frozen lasagna and a salad. He can have whatever. I honestly don't give a fig. My fever is on the way up and it is still a snowstorm so going out for dinner is not a viable plan.

I know it is Friday (a surprise because it feels like Saturday to me) but I haven't opened the mail from the past week. I'm afraid there are shocks in it.

Return to “Post When You Can”