Firm Grasp Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Firm Grasp Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am

I do have a chair in the shower, Blessed, but not conducive to my washing my hair -especially since I can only use one hand. It's much easier for me at the sink.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 am

I'm up and going. I woke up during the night with needing to blow my nose. Ugh. I'm not sick but I can't seem to get completely well. I'm thankful my immune system is fighting.

Today's activities -
** Homeschool (reduced assignments)
** 10:00 DGD7 here for the day
** 11:00 - 3:00 Volunteer at craft show. DS10's 4H group has a booth to teach crafts to kids. I'll take DGD7 with me to this. She is super creative crafty so should enjoy it.

CCC = 37
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:40 am

I am up h and both slept fitfully in the nite. I need to s2s and go to the groc. Store sigh... I did 20 + min. On the exercise bike today. Glad I did not wait to rake and bag leaves yesterday bc it is raining out today. Waving to every one.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:54 am

hello d lady hoping your immune system kicks it out the sick out of your body fast!
i love 4 H - have a wonderful time!
yay on your cards! may I ask; what does ccc stand for?

hello d dee - totally understand! I am glad the sink works so well!
Can't wait to see your beautiful spiffy hair!

hello d nancy. glad you had a nice sleep and so happy you were able to get the leaves picked up in time.

Not completely sure why, but I have an inclination, that I am a bit weepy with Christmas music on.

first floor vacuumed (still part of the morning routine)
now for my meds and d dogs meds.
laundry put away (it didn't take long ;) - I always think it will take longer than it does. 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

what does ccc stand for?

Completed Card Count
I mark the SHE card complete as I get them done. Seeing that I have accomplished something inspires me to continue.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:36 pm

My hair is spiffed, Blessed. :) Should have done it while still in my PJ's. Have on a long sleeved top and my right arm is completely soaked. :roll: And I'm cold -it's fairly cool here today. I was sitting in the recliner and resting but decided I needed to get that job done. Also just hung up two tops -I'm going great guns as you can see! One thing at a time.....

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Good morning! I am still half asleep due to the nighttime cough syrup. At least I didn't have to drive carpool. The bad thing is that the driving coworker's radio station goes to 24/7 Christmas music starting Nov 1 every year! Way too early for me. At least wait until the day after Thanksgiving. Same for retailers (except craft stores, who need to give the extra time). What are these artists thinking when they put out holiday music? Do they really think they can turn Jingle Bells into a new song?

DD16's finals are today, so she ate dinner and studied at my house last night, while I did daily stuff. I talked to her about potential cross contamination with non-GF dog food. She always washes her hands after feeding the dogs.

My often unemployed friend (OEF) called me to see if she could bring a friend (FOAF) to xBFF's Christmas party. Not for me to say, I gave her xBFF's contact info. The FOAF is already asking about how many single men will be there. Don't know, not my party. Don't care. Don't intend to find out because I don't want xBFF to think I am on the market. FOAF didn't come to Halloween because I could not guarantee a supply of single males. (Doesn't she know that married people often have single brothers, friends, coworkers, etc?) OEF wants FOAF to meet single women who are not financially or emotionally depending on men. Don't know if it will do any good. OEF and I will meet for lunch Sunday, where I will return a charger she left at the party.

DD16 is leaving early Sunday morning, so will not be coming Saturday. I will have a free evening, but may just crochet with a movie then sleep. My cough is getting much better, but gosh I am a zombie. Tonight is dance class, then maybe Staples.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Dgd has finals this week also.

Back from the store got tky. and trimmings.

We have a plan. I am cooking & If h gets stressed out he can retreat to get busy on completing farm paperwork.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Just finished my lunch. But a big TA-DA for me. I completed my whole round of exercises for today. Had told cardiologist (PA really) that I would try it on my own for a while down here. If I didn't feel I was gaining strength and stamina then I would look into professional cardiac rehab. Think I know enough from my time at rehab up north that I know the routine. Have several things here that can help me -a pulley, bicycle pedaler (a real sturdy one), a stair stepper and just plain walking. Did 100 steps on that, 15 minutes walking, 3 minutes on the pulley and 10 minutes on the 'bike'. Plus did the warm up and cool down exercises that I've been doing for over a year up home. So about 45 minutes right now. Think that's adequate for 3 weeks past my heart attack.

Dh left about 15 minutes ago. His db called to see if dsonil could give him a ride. Had to have his truck towed. Dh told him he'd come get him and take him home. I'm going to rest and then maybe we'll go to A ldi's when dh gets back home. I'm trying to compile a list.

Question: what can I spray or something to remove that 'doggie' smell? Only smell it in dd's living area. Never had it before she had 2 dogs, but do now. There's always such a wealth of information here.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:39 pm

On our way to College Town...

LadyM, i hope you saw my post last night— dhgot a rooster shot! I am so thankful for the info!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”