Firm Grasp Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Firm Grasp Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Is there caffeine in Dr. Pepper, Kathryn? Trying to figure some options and be able to go without caffeine. Although I've pretty well done it for 3 weeks now. And dd has DD coffee being delivered once a month, figuring I'd be drinking it as well. Need to get some caffeine free I guess.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:56 pm

redid my alphabet card file as it needed it.

wrote down what I spent today

I am sorry it is just a quick hi. I missed my morning meds yesterday (got busy and forgot them) and I am a bit emotional today. I am sure the two go together. My stomach is in knots - not my usual.

thinking of all of you! waving hello.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Had a good talk with dson this afternoon. I dusted while I did this that. Dson said tentative yes on thanksgiving.
Got it moved from noon to one o`clock.
Did the floors we have a showing at 9 a m at our home that lit a fire under me. Lol.
Our library uses Libby for the ebooks the changed from over drive.
I swept the stairs.Cleaned the counters and changed the table cloth.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm never embarrassed in front of her. Some people are just laid back and send out that vibe

I absolutely love those type people! I have a few in my life and I want to be one. Just accepting others with no judgment or expectations.

Whadda day! I was ON for over 7 hours surrounded by people. I feel drained by the experience especially keeping track of both kids in a busy environment. DGD7 is a people person. OH MY! SERIOUSLY a people magnet. While DS10 was doing his volunteer time I walked around the craft show with DGD7 and DGS21. I told DGD7 that after she looked at everything then she could pick the one booth that she liked the best and I would buy her something. DGD7 chatted with everyone at every.single.booth trying to decide what she should buy. I can't put it into words how bright her personality is. After a while, I started counting how many people told me how adorable DGD7 was....how cute she was...etc. I was stopped by 8 strangers in one hour with comments about DGD7. She even attracted the attention of a newspaper photographer. He asked if he could take DGD7 picture for the newspaper.

At the end of our time at the craft show, DGD7 decided her favorite thing was bath bombs. We returned to the bath bomb booth and the lady who made them was thrilled that DGD7 picked her booth. I gave DGD7 $20 to spend and the lady gave DGD7 an unbelievable deal. DGD7 got 8 bath bombs for $20! These were the $6 - $8 bath bombs (each). I didn't know how to handle the situation...should I insist the lady not be bamboozled by DGD7 personality? Really. I ended up staying out of it and just letting the lady and DGD7 do the deal. But it does concern me. We later went to GW where another total stranger bought DGD7 a babydoll. DGD7 can turn on the personality that I find somewhat scary. Mostly to make sure she is safe because she attracts so much attention. But my long-term concern is for DGD7 to learn that the road isn't paved in gold just because she has a huge personality. Ugh. Raising kids isn't for sissies.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 pm

I never got out to run errands. So tomorrow I have to get to the vet in the a.m. because they close at 1 p.m. It would be great if I could also stop at P ublix for a bat mitzvah card. I can send it to the young lady if I need to. And dd was here a lot today (Did I post about that???) so I was sidetracked there as well.

And dd really needs to develop her volunteer network beyond her parental units. I told her I would make a couple of mega batches of challah dough on Sunday a.m. for her "Thanksgiving Family Challah Bake" event on Sunday and now I'm regretting it. To be honest, she is really overscheduled right now. The other congregation in town has had building issues and announced this week they were closing their building altogether until it is inspected and a plan made. So she had physically move what was needed for the Sunday religious school yesterday because the building is closed, and may be for awhile. This kind of feels like Kathryn's dd right now except that I don't have a concussion or a baby, and I'm not pregnant or sick.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:28 pm

If you want to try Kindle Unlimited.......they are having a sale for the next few days. The sale price is 99 cents for 3 months. The subscription is regularly $9.99 a month. That gives access to something like 1.5 million books to read.

I personally, use Overdrive through the library to check out and read books (free).

However, DH doesn't do any apps so the Kindle Unlimited is cost-effective for him. He typically reads 4-6 books a month on his Kindle.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 pm

LadyM, you never did say why DS's picture was on the 1st page of the newspaper. What did he say when he saw it?

I am thinking cheese sandwiches sound wonderful for Thanksgiving! However, DH and I are both off cheese and DGS is dairy free...so it'll have to be something like pbj's.

Wouldn't have the nerve to do that. So I did stop at supermarket to get all of Thanksgiving meal I could this early. 15 1/2 lb turkey is now in the freezer. Got a lot of the other stuff too. Looks like this is happening and no cheese sandwiches.

Drs. appointment today. She still asks if I'm drinking too much water. I again tell her it's side effect from my brain med that makes my sodium low. Oh yeah...she remembers.... :roll: and the BS # she raised cane about last time, the same this time, said all is good. :roll: And the same BP number as last time, she said no all is good and last time she said BP borderline high. I don't know what to think. Guess it is just what mood I catch her in.

Plus, same old problem... a couple of the lab tests don't show up on the printed out sheet she gave me. Last time I found them on the online patient portal version. Sure hoping they show up there this time.

So as usual appointment was rather annoying.

Struck out at another place getting lampshades. I sure hope I don't have to replace these lamps.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:36 pm

why DS's picture was on the 1st page of the newspaper. What did he say when he saw it?

He opened the newspaper looking for something to read. He was scanning the article titles and it took him about 10 seconds to register that the picture was of him. His face light up and he said "Hey! That's a picture of me!" in astonishment. After showing it to me, then he went back to searching for an article to read and summarize. After he finished reading, then folded & put the newspaper back in the stack and hasn't mentioned it since.
The picture was taken of DS10 when he was putting out dozens of US flags at National Cemetery in honor of Veterans Day.

DSIL just picked DGD7 up. I'm going to put my pj's on and have an early night.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Oh, that's cute, LadyM. One for the scrapbook!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:18 pm

One of my refugees just texted me this link.

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/ottawa- ... t/15633002

If you choose to listen, you can stop after the 1:03 mark.

He's working full time, as is his cousin. But both came with desirable skills. His cousin is working as a translator for the government.

Return to “Post When You Can”