Super Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Super Sat.

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:08 pm

LadyM, I love the sewing advice. So true. I have a sewing project to be completed before Thanksgiving.

Today is kitchen day. I am working away. Phone call with DD tells me dinner has to be by Noon and not at 5 like I planned. I am going to do everything ahead that I can and put in freezer, except for Turkey and salad... it's a zoo around here with the kids and DH (yes he adds to the chaos) and he will insist on making breakfast (and make a mess in the kitchen) and the 2 unruly dogs...yes those too.... so I am cooking today.

I made a list and explained explained explained and sent DH to the store. He has called me 3 times already with questions..but he does not mind going. At least that is one way he can help. I have to give him short specific things to do so that he can help. Some times I think he's not really domesticated! Shhh I didn't really say that.... :roll:

Ok another call from him to figure out the pies...

And I have an easy idea for DGSon's birthday, which is today but we always celebrate at Thanksgiving when we are together... I called him and he was at one of the Theme parks with his brother and 2 of his cousins. It is neat that they can all go somewhere together without adults along, and 2 of them driving...it is awesome watching them all grow into wonderful adults. He is 17 today.

And I want to get to see my hairdresser (she's in my bathroom waiting with the haircolor) if I get a chance today too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:16 pm

I am back from town house has been shown, it is clean yea! Got a popcorn tin to stash yarn etc in. And a wooden Rudolf to paint for fun after turkey day entertainment. Skipped the overly crowded craft shows. :idea: Got to W-mart before it was too busy. Got the best gift one of the things you wear that amplifies the tv via ear buds for h & batteries. It is peace and quiet for me. They were advertising for a while on tv.

Walked the dog.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:11 pm

hello again

you are so sweet d lady!! I used that inspiration and I removed myself from the computer - thank you!!! I am the same - looking at everything - I did that this morning. thank you again!!!

Yay on your printing and calendar
I am praying for your d mom's knee!
yay on your cards!
happy cooking day

Good day to you friend Dear Dee. I think I am going to have to use that as my mantra too! I will write it down on a 3 x 5 and put it in my file
It's good you know when things may be too much. good for you! Praying your d sil will do what's right for him and his family.

Hello d harmony You are having kitchen day as well - great job as well.
happy birthday to your DGSon!!!
can't wait to see your stunning hair by the equally stunning hairdresser, you!

Hello d nancy yay on it being clean! (great gift)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:33 pm

I still have to make the meatball mixture to bake another day. I have never tried doing this but I want to freeze the meatballs bc I don't want to cook them now.

I have lemon pepper chicken and pasta, lemon, a bit of parmesan, spinach, garlic for the freezer.

I have spanish rice down for the freezer

apricot chicken, broccoli, roasted potatoes for Monday.

beef bourg. in the crock pot.

and tomorrow I am going to make chicken stock

I have cauliflower with parsley done, broccoli with lemon zest and red pepper flakes
I have spinach done
and a salad cut up for this week.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Wow, bw2, you have been busy!

I haven't checked in today - I was up just after 8 and we left for bat mitzvah at temple just before 10. Home maybe 1:30? I was exhausted, I think I always need a nap after a bat/bat mitzvah and it's partly because of carbs at the luncheons - bagels lox and cream cheese and also kugel i.e. noodle pudding. So I napped and have rested and I'm nowhere near hungry for dinner tonight.

I did not get over to see dmom today, will have to go tomorrow, which will be a busy day.

Just got an email re: dna match and I responded, too bad she didn't tell me which kit she was talking about (I manage four.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

lol I have been cranky lol d twins. :lol: The luncheon sounds wonderful! and it is nap time food! I haven't been to a bat mitzvah for years and the last Bar mitzvah was ten years ago. I think it is so cool what you do with genealogy!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

blessed, you need more than one possibility for inspiration, such as hard-copy reading material instead of tech, that sort of thing. Also your own game or challenge might work one day, that sort of thing. Switch things up. I applaud your coming in here to say somebody inspire me - makes sense.

I'm trying hard to have a good attitude like Nancy suggested in her topic.

The hallway is in a state with HRH and dstepson's project. And I've heard nothing back from HRH's sister and mother who were planning to come this weekend, so I have no way of knowing when. Dd has gone ahead with plans for a friend's birthday, so she basically won't be home today, heading for work after.

and then time passes... ...

dsecondmil arrives (spur of moment, independent of dsisil's visit). So why am I on the computer far away from the LR? Because she and HRH are in the same argument they've been in for the last several visits. They are like oil and water. She comes to see him because she loves him and worries about him. But she has got to bring up the same things that caused the arguments before. Somehow she can't let it lie. And he can't just let her say things and let it slide off his back. And it's so unimportant.

and you would have thougth I could have posted but ... .. almost 2 hours of her visit...time passes....

Helping in the hallway - no progress toward important things, though. Just cleaning up as they mess up and taking away things that were stored. Had to go through some stored things and did come across nice remembrances, but they didn't need to be priorities today.

dstepdil contacted me and we had a good phone chat. She is going to come and give me a couple hours help with the house Monday afternoon. There's a dr's appt that morning and Sunday will have visitors/be tight on time. So even though it is simplifying to think in terms of getting ready for "maid" help, I don't know how much I can get ready.

I, too, should be visiting my colorist this evening.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm

But my work is almost done. I have a banana bread that still needs making bc the bananas have seen better days.

a load of dishes are washing themselves. thank goodness I rinsed dishes as I went. It would have been better if I had just washed them with soap and rinsed them as I went.

I have some dinners in the freezer. My freezer better continue working :D
dh ran over to get me mushrooms bc the ones I just bought went bad. They are in the crock pot.

Wednesday before thanksgiving I have decided we are just going to have omelettes with veggies.

well time to rinse the stove etc.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I need to post that quote in my list of SHEisms too, Blessed. It's one that's good to remember any day!

except for Turkey
Not sure how you cook your turkey, Harmony, but here's what we're doing. Last year we cooked one in our big roaster and it was deeeelicious! This year we need to have dinner ready to go on the table by 2:30 and someone at Solar Bears hockey told dd this: She has hockey in Orlando Wednesday night so he said, put it in the roaster when you get home (usually around 11pm), set it at 225-250 and let 'er go. Also said to put an apple & an onion in the cavity. So that's what we're doing this year. This way the roaster is out of the kitchen (on top of the dryer in the laundry room) and no interference with everything else that has to go in the oven or be cooked. Wallah…….delicious turkey. Works for us.

We called dbil/dsisil today to be sure they knew they were invited here T-day. But they'd already accepted an invitation to their best friends' sister. That also works for us. DD's DMIL is coming but none of the rest of dsonil's family -there's so much family dynamics going on with them that this is a good thing. But, at least now we only have to deal with one person who is very difficult (dsonil's Mom). She had given dsonil many things last winter and wanted him to be sure to bring them home with him. And of course now she wants everything back to try to sell them. She insisted on a yard sale last weekend which netted all of about $200. She's trying to raise enough money to pay her taxes. This woman has incurred almost $50,000 in credit card debt. No one expected her to live through last winter, let alone still be alive. Not that anyone wishes her 'gone', but she sure is making life miserable for dsonil and his sister. Maybe I should have spelled that with big capital letters. :cry:

DS-R texted me earlier that they were at JFK waiting for their flight to Puerto Rico. They're sailing on a cruise from there tomorrow. He'll be scheduling his shoulder surgery once he gets back. Dh talked to DS-A earlier to see how he's doing with his concussion. Fair at this point. Of course the first big snowstorm arrived in less than 24 hours after this happened. DS-R said they'd called to see if he could help out plowing but he was already working OT for his employer (the town) and to be back in to work early the next morning. I'm sure they managed somehow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Not sure what the 'new' plan is for HRH but let him know I'm pulling for him. I certainly will be interested in reading about what's going on, especially since my own kidneys seem to be the topic of focus with my doctors.....well, then there's my heart, yeah there's that. :? All related.

Did go out for another walk and did the rest of my exercises for the day. My aim is to show that I can do this on my own without going to rehab 3x a week. My plan is to do the cardiac rehab each (and every) day. I've set time limits for some and step counts for others. Also am doing the warm ups and cool downs that has been taught at rehab. Figure that's part of the exercise program as well. I should be able to tell if I'm making improvement(s) within a couple to three weeks. Know after my heart attack in January 2017, when I got home that June I was still quite tired out. That's when cardiologist decided I needed rehab. They only opened a cardiac rehab center here in Lakeland this past spring. So, I'll see how it goes. I'm walking, using a stair climber (I'm all the way up to 110 steps -woo-hoo!), a pedal exerciser and pulleys. I had worked up to 50 minutes of exercise at cardiac maintenance before the heart attack. I'll be glad to be back to that point and beyond.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”