Sunday Solutions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday Solutions

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:58 am

We each are faced with challenges. If you have found something that helps you, please share your solutions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Solutions

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:06 am

I was up early this morning but I still ran out of time.
Food heated and packed.- check
DS10 and DGD7 dressed, fed and ready. - check
me ready. NOT

When DH heard my voice (or lack of it) he encouraged me to stay home from church today. It didn't take much encouragement for me to agree to it. I was up during the night to blow my nose and my voice is coming and going. Sitting in 30F degree temperature for a couple hours isn't a solution if I want to get rid of this cold. So my solution is to stay at home and take things at a slower pace than normal.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:09 am

what a good one d lady!
thank you for starting us!
What a lovely blessing you have done with your cooking and time.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on. Happy rest day.

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:20 am

I have been up since 6 am. but I haven't done anything. I did empty the dw.
made up my ww menu for this week
I didn't realize that I missed my meds, again, yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBKZSQneJg
She's in her apron - Thanksgiving.
if any one is interested.

d old dog worried me during the night and yesterday. She woke up super happy. If she would have been in any sort of bad shape I would have taken her in. Yesterday my kitchen was too hot for her - her larynx paralysis makes it so that she can't cool down so I opened all the windows up and she then was much better. I love the cold anyway but poor dh - he was such a good sport about it but I know he was cold.

I guess I should get started. I get stressed when things seem behind or the dailies and basics aren't done. Having cooked yesterday gave me peace for this week.

I think to make myself feel better I think the solution is to:
1. do my morning dailies
2. get outside with dogs - they can't go far but at least around the house.
3. make the banana bread I missed doing yesterday
4. put the chicken bones from freezer in pot for a couple hours to make stock. (remember to bring a container for the turkey bones on Thanksgiving to make turkey stock. throw it in freezer right away.
5. finish menu plan for ww
6. put together my BWP plan. and check my calendar.
7. Me time. fun time. big girl yoga 8-) (an actual thing).

I have the cash needed for downtown shopping, think of what to wear for that day, bring my list, bring with cc just in case.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am

Getting ready to do my planning. Journal is done. 28* here this morning and frosty outside. Got the dishes unloaded and put away before bed. Did some designs on painted rocks this morhing. That was fun. Watching some bujo vids while I post. Have a great day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Sounds like a lovely morning d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 pm

3 banana breads are baking... 2 reg and 1 gluten free (first time making the gluten free)
dishes still washing themselves. everything is now frozen

dh washed his egg dishes - so nice

I think I am over stressing and expecting to get too much done this week. I have to be okay with that I might not get the Christmas lights up bc of the cold and snow.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:23 pm

I am alternating between doing SHE cards and watching the OneNote training video (free to watch for another 15 hours). My entire life is contained in OneNote so learning how to use it more/better is a win-win.

I've washed/starched and rehung the kitchen curtains. They look fresh and clean now. My eyes are drawn to them and I experience a moment of pleasure each time I enter the kitchen. (I'm easily amused)

I've stripped DGD7 & the master bedroom bedding. It has been washed and is now in the dryer. I'll remake those beds when the bedding is dried. I'm not doing DS10 bed today because I have a weighted blanket on order for him and will be putting it inside his duvet. I'll take his bedding apart when the blanket arrives (Tuesday) and wash everything.

CCC = 9
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 pm

good for you d lady!

I love that you say you are easily amused! I am too. my dear girls always say I get so excited by the littlest things. I love that ability to find joy. I think a lot of SHE's have that as part of their spirit!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 pm

soaking the stove a bit. all but the loaf pans are done. The gluten free banana bread took longer to cook but that's okay. It's done. I think dd younger will be thrilled I thought of her.

I am going to take a few minutes for me and then do the counters (done), stove (done) and vacuum the kitchen floor.
waving at all of you!

dh has the snow blower is in its place and all warmed up for the winter

tomorrow is home blessing day for me. (fingers crossed) dd younger comes home tomorrow at 6:36 pm I always worry bc of the severe nut allergy - peanuts are the only nut that flows through the that causes problems for her. She can't eat other nuts but the peanuts are horrible for her if she inhales any peanut dust.

Return to “Post When You Can”