Monday do only what you really need to do: what is it?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Monday do only what you really need to do: what is it?

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Well, Elizabeth, I called the maid. :)

My own dstepdil is "the maid", but I did call. She gave me several hours of time today and really helped. I kept up with her some of the time, getting rooms ready for pure surface cleaning ahead of her. But she is tough to keep up with and eventually I sat myself down! We laughed about the fact that she no longer has every possible cleaning supply in her trunk, and actually decided she needed one item enough to go home for it. (Swiffer long-reach wand that telescopes and folds. She made such quick work of dusting the ceiling fan with that.)

This evening is her induction into honor society - she was waffling about going. She says it seems as though everyone's younger than she is, and going to it to please parents, plus she sees no reason to formalize it with a ceremony. I'm very happy for her, though. She has decided on becoming a paralegal.

Kathryn, I agree completely with you that as we try to do the right things for our well-being, others must recognize our efforts, support the limits we set, and avoid new expectations.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Still working. I've done that shower twice. Gee I didn't think it was that bad.

Almost everything dusted.

I shined up 3 windows at the side of the house. We notice the cobwebs when the sun hits that side. Had to take the screens out and clean them. I wiped the front porch chairs off.

I have about 3/4 of the stuff done I hoped to do today. :(

Did stop to sort mail and write a couple checks and reconcile one bank account. That all took about an hour.

I've about given up on ever having much of a vacation. If we went for more than a few days, especially if we went out of state, we'd have to put up all of our hurricane panels first and that's just an astronomical amount of work to do. And we sure aren't on the same page when it comes to hotels etc.

Something around here's gotta give. This ain't working.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Waving to y’all..

I’m right ther with you Kathryn and am more than loopy for the two of us.

My brain won’t work and I can’t keep the same thought in my head from moment to moment. This migraine has really been playing me this time leaving me beyond the usual fuzziness.

Needed to do a grocery run and didn’t want to get swallowed up in the turkey rush so once I could tolerate the pain I asked Sweetie to take me. He pushed the cart and I wandered around the store like I was lost in space.

Came home and fixed my health fast food... rotisserie chicken, 90 second rice in a pouch and microwave broccoli....had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. Made myself a cup of decaf coffee and am watching the news.

Once I post this it’s back to bed for me. I’m so doppy I’m scaring myself. Hopefully a good nights sleep will make me right as rain in the morning.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Harmony: perhaps the solution is to just go away spontaneously after the next hurricane! After all, the panels will already be up so that's one less trip preparation to make.

I eventually showered and got dressed. Dfs called. He's really sick so my not coming was probably for the best. He's been nauseous and unable to eat for a week. Has lost 10 pounds. It sounds like my time with hepatitis so I asked if he's done bloodwork. Yes, that was done today so if there is an issue like that, it will get caught. Still, if there's any chance I might have caught something from him, I would have caught it. My immune system is currently not working well.

I paid a bill by phone this afternoon. It was an auto rollover bill but the card had expired. I've know for 7 weeks I needed to call in. On the plus side, I still had several weeks before it was due.

I also spent time with dgs on Skype, sorted the chits into piles for each credit card and tonight learned how to use the "Curl Secret" I picked up off the giveaway shelf downstairs.

I'll give it one or two more tries before deciding if I'll keep it. I don't do it with enough attention to detail so the curls are not all uniform. This is actually better with someone else doing it because then you can see what's happening in the back.

On the other hand, with my hair curly, I can do an updo since the curls tangle with each other and it doesn't just come falling down. It also gives more volume for a softer look. That would be my reason to keep it but it is a pretty large device to store. As well, my hair is much longer than usual (it will be cut next week) and yet is about as short as it can be to work with this device.

Our Netflix isn't working, it keeps losing internet and restarting the shows at the beginning. So I watched a DVD episode of Remington Steele this afternoon.

Dd has rented a car for the week. It will cost $200 for the week but they've decided to budget $350 per month for car rentals for a while. I reminded her to book Christmas week now (and checked and that week will be $350.) I asked if she'd drive over to visit tomorrow but she doesn't know if she will.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 pm

d harriet how Nice you d step dil helped! and how wonderful her hard work got her into the honour society!
Congratulations to her!

Kathryn, I agree completely with you that as we try to do the right things for our well-being, others must recognize our efforts, support the limits we set, and avoid new expectations.
agree!

great job d dee. have lovely night d dee.

good evening d nancy. the puppy sounds so cute! glad you have lovely weather
great job on your writing

(( feel better d lady! hope your sore throat goes away)) waving to you - have a good evening as well

hi d rose hello hello

hi d kathryn. hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Kathryn, when those curl things came out on TV I bought one for DD for her birthday and had it shipped right to her. She got such a kick out of it. Her hair is halfway down her back. She said the only thing she didn't like was that it curled the bottom up to a couple inches from the scalp, it wouldn't fit to do closer. But it was a fun thing to try.

And the thing about the hurricane shutters - in the 11 years we've been here there was only one storm close enough and on the right path we thought we should put them up. A couple times more I would have put them up if it'd been easier, but the storm was iffy so we didn't bother. Our homeowners insurance was purchased with the understanding that our openings are either impact glass or covered by shutters. If we don't cover them and we get damage, we won't have coverage. I'd hate to wait another 11 years to take a trip away.

However, one never knows. Those storms can change paths any time they want. The suggested path is only their best guess.

Oh, another thing about hair...I just love my shorter haircut. It is about an inch below the tip of my earlobe. It's cooler and not falling into my face and annoying me while I am busy working like this. I'm not in any hurry to let it grow out.

2 LOL today. First one hanging up. 2nd is in the dryer now. A leftover LOL in the basket has been folded and put away. I got the whole house vacuumed. Guess I have to stop as I'm out of energy.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:41 am

Hmmm... turns out, vacuuming never got done.
Oh well.
OTOH — kitchen is all cleaned up and I managed to walk away the pounds 18 minutes.
Dmom did make it to the party and plans to get herself to TWO doctor's appts tomorrow. First with family doctor, follow-up from ER visit; second with foot doctor.
Everything went fine at the party and I think everyone had a nice time.
So — dusty floors or not, all is well.

We’ll see what REALLY has to be done tomorrow, right?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”