Monday do only what you really need to do: what is it?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Monday do only what you really need to do: what is it?

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:39 am

I love Mondays but even today I woke up over thinking; but I realized, maybe, it was more like perfectionist thinking. 8-) Then my love of Monday came right back when I simplified my mind of only what was needed (didn't take long 8-) :lol:)!

In the states, Thanksgiving week is here. Don't freak out! Also there are holidays ahead. Don't freak out! Simplify to what you can actually do.

What do you really need to do??? Do only what will make your life easier -not what you dream (and think it is really important - it's not) - there is a difference! That over expecting things for yourself is perfectionist thinking.

Do you have a plan in place (outside of your head)? Put it on paper - don't over goal!

Do you have the bathrooms wiped down - not deep down clean - clean smell clean instead

Is your turkey defrosting?

do you have what you need? is it in one area?

I wish I could write witty words like our d Harriet - gosh I Love her writings! She always makes me smile!

HAPPY MONDAY! today is Monday, do what you really need to do (or plan for it) WHAT IS IT FOR YOU TODAY?

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A BREAK AT LEAST EACH HOUR!!! something lovely for you! :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FFUrM2kPfM she's in her apron - planning your gathering

I think d twins is traveling today - have a lovely trip!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Monday do only what you really need to do: what is it?

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 am

d twins praying that your d mom will be comfortable and happy while you are on your trip with your dd. praying for a lovely peaceful trip for you! bwtg on making all the bread!

have a wonderful day everyone!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 am

I think I have everything I need for Thursday, but I will check. (lol - you know those are the words no one should say (just kidding) 8-) because I will find something is missing on Thanksgiving 8-) ,

today: HAPPY MONDAY!
dd younger comes home tonight but she is worried about leaving d mom

-check food for Thursday - remember to defrost some things on Wednesday
-Home blessing is today (fingers crossed) - floor especially
-type out lists for gifts for name pull (from my family) and put in my purse - keep a copy in my xmas file 3 x 5's
-routines
-take dogs out a couple times today - younger old dogs hip is bothering her - her brain wants to go but her back legs and hip does not agree.
(we have been having coyotes walking through the back of our yard in early morning. So I have to doubly watch)
-pull out cloths for Thursday and Friday (day after downtown) - put in one place
-get time for Thursday
- pick up some sort of drinks - sparkly flavoured water for Thursday.

Start my morning routines
TOTH: to keep myself from falling into a rabbit hole.
So far: breakfast for me and for the animals
put last nights wash in the dryer, threw white gentle shirts in the washer
menu plan printed and is on fridge

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Turkey is thawing in the fridge I turned it over.
Trash day today I need to dump the trash.
Drinking black coffee had breakfast a muffin.
I need to wash my hair and sheets I do not want to do either of those things
but will focus on appreciating having that done afterwards.
I put the rocks with 1st coat of paint away for drawing on later. Table is mostly cleared off now yea!
Now for the side table. Done yea me!
Wtg girls!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:21 pm

No internet, therefore no phone.

We still pay for a landline so dh was still able to do his conference call this morning.

Taking a shower doesn't require internet but I still am not dressed.

Still have a fever. Did sleep better last night but there's something wrong with the vaporizer and it wakes me up buzzing (and empty) about 4 hours after bed.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Good morning everyone! Foster cat Chelsea was returned Saturday and my house is back in chaos. The foster who had her lived with people who did not like cats. As long as she was a foster, they were ok with her. When the foster decided to adopt, they put their foot down. New fosters met Loki Saturday and want to take him, but cannot until returning from Thanksgiving travels. So another week of chaos, but manageable.

I was actually looking forward to spending a quiet Thanksgiving all by myself, cooking and eating just for me, and doing stuff I wanted to do. However, as expected, a friend found out I am alone and invited me to a gathering. I will go because I am quite thankful that people think of me, but part of me pines for my nice quiet alone time. Of course, I will have a wonderful time, I always do. Then, I will have three days of peace and quiet. My turkey is thawing, but may be cooked on Friday or Saturday.

I was exhausted this weekend due to the strong cough syrup. I am discontinuing it now, as the need is past. I am somewhat more awake today because of that and because I had the sense to go to bed earlier than usual.

I have finished mom's scarf. That makes two Christmas projects done, one with significant progress, and another yet to be started. The ninja turtle has been deferred to the recipient's January birthday.

There are 9 things on my list. I am recording them here so they do not get forgotten. Red ones must be done tonight.
  • Dance class
  • Office supply store for DayRunner refill and ink
  • Grocery store
  • Check yarn supply for next project
  • Deliver sword
  • Glasses adjust
  • Gasoline
  • Check meds
  • Schedule post-Christmas dinner

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 pm

I missed the TOTH ;)
this morning is taking a lot longer than I think it should.

I did only one home blessing, in the dining room, that took longer than it should. dh had put 2 loads of unfolded laundry on a chair and on the dining room table as well as leaving some stuff on it. but the dining room for this week is done. :D

front hall and stairs home blessing is done (had 3 trips up the stairs for put away) trying hard to not put things at the bottom and top of the stairs.(harder thinking and acting than I thought) :roll: 8-) ;) It's annoying me :lol:
more laundry in washer and dryer still running. :D

hi d Nancy!
yay on your defrosting your turkey and doing your work! BWTG to you too!

hi d kathryn!
I am glad your dh was able to work even though your internet is out!
I am glad you slept better

hi d Elizabeth!
Good morning!
too bad re: foster's family - I am surprised they did not realize that their family didn't like cats. not far to an animal.
you have lovely friends!
Yay on your projects

Sword delivery ? that's a new one for me. :D
have a great day!

hello to all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Couldn't figure how you were posting, dKathryn with no internet and no phone. But then, my brain is pretty slow at the moment. Maybe you and I should just get together and put our two brains together -maybe between the two we might have one good one. :? Finding I too have trouble putting everything together or remember what I was saying.

Oh my! I've left this here for a very long time. Dh has gone to his hearing aid appointment and has been back for a while. I'll have to come back later when my brain is working again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 pm

((d dee totally understandable why it happens but so frustrating))) Happens to dd younger a lot. Wishing you fast healing and mighty brain power for both you and d kathryn!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

TOTH FOR 1:00 PM -
don't get why I get stressed with home blessing at times. I think it is the little kid in me stamping my feet saying "why do i have to do it? (feeling sorry for myself (playing the old victim card for no reason - not blaming anyone but still pouting :shock: ), and a lot of being annoyed but still doing it. (bratty) (lazy daisy) I have to remember I am doing this for myself so I don't feel bad that I am not taking care of my family. Others do housework and have responsibilities without ever doing the old poor me. I love my home and love my family - I just find it interesting how that inner brat comes out. I know I will feel better when It's all done for today!

listening to white Christmas while I work

My home blessing is taking forever!
powder room blessed :)
laundry room blessed :)
decaf coffee being had. 8-)

next worst job: family room - I don't get how it gets bad.

still need to do the 2 bathrooms upstairs
and vacuuming and dusting bedrooms and hallways
kitchen:
weekly
front of cabinets as I spill wine from cooking (red) on them and didn't wipe it well
microwave is dirty (between dh and I)
my desk is my kitchen table - I emptied a drawer in the dining room and realized it is mostly papers that I have to go through
appliance fronts

Return to “Post When You Can”