Tuesday TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday TA-DA's

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 am

Share your accomplishments! Count your blessings. IMHO, there is always something to be grateful for.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday TA-DA's

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 am

Today's plans -
** Homeschool before noon
** Take DMom to her eye doctor appointment in the afternoon
** DS10 and DGD7 care
** Complete as many SHE cards as I can in between those things.

Yesterday DMom finished up her 2 months of twice a week Physical Therapy to help strengthen her leg muscles. She is doing everything possible to keep the use of her knees other than total knee replacement surgery. Getting strength in muscles after they haven't been used is a challenge. Doing it when in pain (bone-on-bone) seems to be more than DMom can do. She is head-strong, stubborn and strong-willed so if anyone can do it.....she can.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 am

I have a date for Christmas Dinner. It will be Christmas Eve since ds is working 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Christmas Day. No Christmas Eve church service at the village church for me. Not sure when the City church service is. If I can find one around 10 I'd be able to go (off course, I have no idea if I'll be able stay up that late.)

I had a nice email exchange with ds in the middle of the night. I went to bed at 9 and set an alarm for 11 to wake me up to take my meds. Then I was awake but he was up at work so we chatted a bit. And again at 5. There's the advantage to having a child on the night shift!

It is snowing again so dd is unlikely to want to come over. I've suggested she drop dgs here a couple of times while she has the car so she can have some time to herself.

I was in bed for 9.5 hours but not asleep the whole time. Still, I had a few longer stretches. My foot hurts this morning and my hip is a bit sore too. It was the foot that kept me awake in the night. I'm about ready to go back to bed again.

I've finished my tea and chocolate and SAD light therapy. I'm not hungry for breakfast so I guess I'll try and get dressed. My hair is poofy now, with just two waves (opposite directions!) So I'll need to tame it somehow, or pull out the straightener which seems counter-intuitive to me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am

so happy your dd rented a car d kathryn.
your Christmas dinner date sounds lovely.
how nice that you were able to chat with ds at night!
Wishing you a wonderful pain free and restful day

d lady. what a nice way to start today: with a grateful heart!
I admire your d mom participating in physical therapy for 2 months.
I love your response
"She is head-strong, stubborn and strong-willed so if anyone can do it.....she can."
wishing a great productive day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 am

Ta Da's I hope to make today:

-morning routine, paper routine, laundry routine (missed dog bedding yesterday), after dinner routine, evening routine,
-do the 5 boxes from basement (empty plastic boxes that need recycling - I will put them at curb and see if someone takes them)
-bring Christmas lights inside and test them
-check food for Thanksgiving
-defrost one of the dinners for tonight
- ww
-pedicures dd younger and i
-one bedroom - needs a bit of dejunking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g3irzrciJQ from Kat's patreon channel
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 am

Baby stepping my way through SHE cards. One at a time. I have extra time to send on doing cards because we are only doing 2 hours of homeschool today.

DH and DS10 have left to go do their volunteering tasks at clothes closet. DGD7 hasn't arrived yet. Soooo....I am enjoying these few minutes of silence and being alone. The only sound I hear is clicking of the keyboard.

DSon & family are in Costa Rica. I'm enjoying seeing pictures of their activities there and hearing about their adventures.

CCC = 29
1. Know what you want.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am

Peeking in. I have a mostly out of the house day today, which means I really shouldn't be peeking in. LOL!

I'm grateful that we got our windows washed yesterday. I think we were his last client this fall. I'm now enjoying looking at the new snow through pristine windows. The snow looks brighter!

I took Maia to a 9 a.m. vet appt. She has another ear infection.

At work, I need to go in early to look at materials for a class I'm subbing. I'll leave here around 12:15. At 1, we have the annual Tgiving potluck, which I would like to skip for calorie reasons, but some of the students will want me to sample their cooking. After that, I'm in the classroom from 1:30 - 5:30. I'll drive straight from work to Circles, which will go from about 6 - 8, and I'll be home for good around 8:20.

TaDas!
- dog care
- s2s
- comp. time
- kitchen reclaimed
- Maia to the vet
- laundry going

Next:
- some QT
- payroll: prep
- keep laundry moving

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 am

Morning....

I’m in recovery mode from yesterday so it’s slow and easy today.

Not bragging, but celebrating as my Cmas shopping is done, with the exception of two of Sweeties presents which I am ordering online. Oops I lied. I need to buy a sterling silver chain for a medal I bought for my son. I can order it online as well, but want to look and feel real ones before I purchase it. Want to get that done over the weekend.

My home is passable at the moment.. still have some simple house blessings to do, plus food some laundry. Not like me to let things fall behind, but Ives had two migraines and two recovery days starting on Friday so I’m being easy on myself.

Dinner will be a repeat of last night so that’s easy peasy, but I planned it that way. Have to make a WM run, not for groceries but for two chew bones for Willis. Need some sinus meds as well.

Perry’s on and my coffee is getting cool.. gotta run. Waving to y’all, enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 am

Dh's $$$$$ dental implant just came out. I suspect he'll be doing the long drive to our dentist in the snow storm.

I hope the dang thing has a warranty.

I'm dressed and have had breakfast. Took a tylenol to bring my fever down a bit. It is just at the 2 degrees above normal spot. Yesterday it never crossed 1.5 degrees above normal.

I've emailed everyone about Christmas Dinner and have asked them to pick any sides from the list. I've given them a deadline of today because I want the order to go in tomorrow. I've also asked them to list any family-recipe sides they want that are tradition so I can add them to my to-do list. I don't anticipate anything (we don't have special recipes for Christmas) but someone may ask for Pillsbury rolls. Since they switched to non-hydrogenated fat, we don't really like them anymore but maybe someone will want Yorkshire Puddings instead as the bread.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:12 pm

This thanksgiving has been a really challenging one in a bunch of ways. Every recipe except for the turkey itself has been a huge challenge. I have a stack of new recipes to try. Low Fat and no dairy. That isn't easy. The low fat part is, there are ways around that but they usually involve some other kind of dairy. At least it isn't tofu turkey! :lol:

I just printed out my last recipe to adapt and try.

Today I am thankful that my kitchen floor looks clean enough to eat off of. We won't do that of course, I'm trying to decide if we need the very last leaf in the table.

Another LOL folded and put away. Sheets are washing and 1 bed changed.

I helped DH put new license plate on the trailer he's trying to sell. Involved crawling in the leaf litter on the ground as we struggled to get rusty bolts and washers off. Man I am stiff for crawling around and getting up and down. He is stiff from his work yesterday.

Ok, I'm off to the lighting store to see if they have lampshades I need. There is no other place in town to look. Shades we found online are more expensive than just buying new lamps.

Return to “Post When You Can”