Working it Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Working it Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:35 am

What are you working on this Wed.?
I turned the turkey over. I need to make jello and cook eggs. Done.
H was worring out loud today about tky day stress.
I told him this year is better because we have the cleaning on track and
We are decluttered and that helps with stress relief.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Re: Working it Wed.

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:23 am

good morning d Nancy!!! thank you for starting us!
I will be working it Wednesday with a little cooking and a couple errands (a return) office m a x, birthday card

d harriet - what a smart way to find the shingles shot. so happy your dh got his shot. (is it a 2 parter)

d rose congratulations and having a new grand daughter!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 am

Morning y’all...

I’ll be working on picking up footprints and some light hose blessings as soon as Perry is over and I’ve had my second cup of coffee.

I am also out of books so I may go to the library as well.

Thinking of Twins this morning. Highs in the NYC area will be 6* tomorrow... coldest Thanksgiving on record. Remember my family lives in the area so I’m sure they will be dressing warmly as well. Meanwhile our temp in the desert for tomorrow will be 71*

Hope y’all aren’t stressing out too much over your Thanksgiving festivities. I can put My turkey breast ,frozen, in my slow cooker Friday morning. That and some real mash potatoes and green beans will let us celebrate turkey day again. I was able to buy two more breasts and get them in my refrigerator’s freezer. Last year I couldn’t find any like these for Cmas ... won’t make that mistake again, plus I’ll have another one to cook for later in the winter.

Enjoy your day... I’m off to start mine
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

Good morning! I'll be working on reports that are supposed to be done by Monday.

I hope everyone had a better evening than I did. I came home to a house that had been broken into. They got all my jewelry and two guitars. They left the cheap junk guitar. They also took a pillow case from my bed to dump the jewelry into. I was not a particular target, there was a whole spree going on in the area. I understand they already have suspects. The had gotten out on bail yesterday for similar offenses. Guess they needed to raise bail money. All cats were eventually found, including Loki, who had returned to his attic hiding place.

Everyone wants me to get an alarm system. Not happening, can't afford it. Besides, what's the point? There is nothing left of value. Can't even afford to have someone fix the door, but maybe insurance will cover.

I am dreadfully tired, because I couldn't sleep. Not because of the burglary directly. They aren't coming back, there is nothing left to steal. The cats were very upset and yowled too much.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am

hello d rose and d elizabeth as well!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:41 am

today is:
anti procrastination day
pull some christmas boxes into 3 season room
1 bedroom
errands 3 No grocery shopping (fingers crossed)
cutting up stuff for tomorrow
pull serving spoons and bowls for my dishes (to bring with)
dd younger to make cookies for tomorrow
shower
pull cloths for tomorrow and friday
put money in purse for a group gift (bring for thanksgiving)
bills
put away
make the gluten free stuffing for dd to have for tomorrow, gluten free gravy maybe

may wrap Christmas presents for

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 am

OH NO ((((Elizabeth)))) I am so sad that your home was broken into and your things were stolen. The reality of dealing with a burglary are one thing and easier to get over than the emotions of dealing with a burglary. At least it was for me. I'm glad your cats were found and are safe.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am

I am enjoying a slow start to the day. I was up at 6am to welcome DGD7 then chilled out binge-watching "Friday Night Lights".

ET (what the kids have named the robot sweeper) has swept all the floors in the house this morning which means the kids have their bedrooms cleaned without me saying anything to them. Win-Win!
1. Know what you want.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Elizabeth. Ugh.
Congratulations, RRose! -- I skimmed and saw your news yesterday!
Cooking without dairy would be hard for me, Harmony. We're gluten-free for dd23's sake, but that's not very difficult, to be honest.

I'm very excited b/c both ds and dd20 are coming home tonight! :D Well, I don't know if ds still considers this house his "home" or not. LOL! And it will be JUST our family. This doesn't happen very often. Even when we were in Europe together in June, the last time I saw ds and the last time the 5 of us were together, 2 of dd23's friends were with us the entire trip too. Over Cmas, we will have other people in the house with us the entire time ds and dd20 are home -- E and C from TX will stay with us a week; M is moving back next week, and one of dd23's students from Taiwan will spend the entire winter break with us. This student also works in dh's lab; dh will occasionally take an undergrad if they're really good. Anyhow, this is a special weekend for us.

My main goals for today -- maybe too many?
X 1. WW meeting - down 1 lb. :)
2. Finish laundry
3. Clean sheets on ds' and dd20's bed
4. Weekly get together with friends - S2 and K. J is out of town; 1:30 - 3-ish; they'll make pie crusts. I'll just visit; dd23 would freak out if I made pie crusts in a kitchen with gluten.
5. Jog
6. Airport run to pick up dd20 and maybe ds; His flight lands 1.5 hours before dd20's. He can either meet up with her at the airport and get a ride with us or take a taxi home. . .
7. Family dinner - chili, rice, salad?, sauteed cabbage and garlic, cornbread

Next:
- finish am routine
- strip ds and dd20's beds
- get the laundry going again

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Random things -

** DS10 lost another tooth late last night. He has 2 more loose molar teeth. He is excited about losing 3 teeth in a short amount of time because he gets $ for each of them.
** I appreciate having easily adjusted & monitored settings through the Microsoft Family website. I changed the screen time adding an hour to each day of the Thanksgiving vacation. DS10 feels like he has hit the jackpot. He can now play xbox games for 2 hours each day for the rest of the week.
** DGD7 can eat more pancakes than anyone else in the house. Where does that skinny gal put all those pancakes?
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”