Working it Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Working it Wed.

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I needed to stop in to check the list I posted here last night to see if I'm on schedule.

Hmmm. That's right, I was supposed to clean the refrigerator first thing to make room.
Well, I dumped old leftovers out of it because this is normal trash day (although I won't set out the bins tonight because they won't pick up until Friday). However, I neglected to wipe down the shelves. :oops:

Looks like I can manage the rest of the list before bedtime as long as I keep my slow & steady pace.

Oh (((Elizabeth))) I'm sorry about the burglary. Poor frightened cats.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm

The trip to the YMCA was a bust. I didn't know a parent signature is needed for a day pass. That meant the friend that DS10 brought with us couldn't participate so we came back home. I did find out information on membership & classes and also got paperwork to fill out if I decide to join. They are having a Black Friday sale on membership that saves 33% ($235 a year). That makes it $39 a month for the family membership. This sale ends on Nov 26 but it doesn't become effective until Jan 1st. argh! I didn't ask how much the month of December would be.

It doesn't seem like I have done much today but I'm tired. The boys just walked DGD7 home and then they are riding the go-cart. That puts them in DH care. I'm going to put my feet up and watch another episode....or two.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello...a quick check-in here.

Elizabeth, I'm so sorry your home was broken into and sorry that you lost some valuable things. I'm glad you were not at home then. Hope your kitties are over the trauma quickly.

Oh, Lady M, too bad the YMCA didn't work out for you today. DS10 could swim there in the cold months. Dsis, our two next door neighbor girlfriends and I learned to swim at the Y when we were young during a couple of summers.

I worked at my desk for a while this afternoon. All bills are paid for this month and the checkbook balanced to the penny! The cupcakes are now out of the oven and will be iced after they cool. Dgson12-D's will have powdered sugar instead of icing. I have gathered enough laundry for two loads which I will do tomorrow morning.

Dh has had his last P.T. appointment today. It is now up to him to keep up with his exercises, and, of course, up to me to keep reminding him...

It is 5:30 pm here, suppertime. Minnie has already been fed; I'm going to look in the freezer to see what I can pull out to heat for our supper.

Have a good evening everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm back! The report is done as much as I can do in the time allotted. I can prove to the customers that it can be done (and within two days) and tell them that "similar changes can be made to fix the other missing data". I also need to get test cases from them.

Harmony: There was great sentimental value to them, and they were DD16's inheritance. There was also a rather substantial amount of financial value. Grandmother's wedding and engagement set were like wearing a small economy car.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Hoping this all will have a good ending, Elizabeth. It's on my prayer list.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:30 pm

hope this afternoon was a good one for you all. I keep thinking of d Elizabeth and her fur babies. :cry:
Home from errands - dd older will be driving in tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
I got my cards for b days and such for december. A bday card for the end of November
Stopped at office m ax - got more coloured 3 x 5's as I finally ran out of certain colours
checked out new printers as mine after many years stopped letting me print colour and xerox things on the glass. I can print from the computer
I returned a Christmas gift as I found another one that d brother really wanted. (his best friend gave an idea and a size). :D
stopped at different grocery store (not happy people any where) for butter and lemon for dd younger's shortbread
ate badly through drive through :| drive throughs are not good for me
and got SB not good (I had one yesterday and it broke my once a week treat plan) :|
picked up dd older script from drs office, dropped it off at pharmacy and was able to pick it up an hour later.
I thought I could stay in the area for ww but it wouldn't open for 1-1/2 hours. ;) I think I will make it a point to go Saturday morning

dd washed old old dog in shower as she smelled Gosh awful and now she has the towels she used in the washing machine.

I did not finish my morning routine or the things I had planned.
Still to do:
chop and cook bacon
Peel carrots
Measure out dressing ingredients
cut red onion
cut reg onion
cut celery
throw a chicken carcass in broth, onion, celery and parsley to reinforce the broth for the gluten free stuffing.
clean the sink
clean the stove
clean the counters
vacuum first floor
swish and swipe
shower
wipe cabinets surface - 15 minutes at most. let it go
pull spoons and serving dishes and put in a box to take with.
pull cloths for tomorrow
some more bills
order brothers present for d mom to give
write out Christmas cards for French relatives. I got a beautiful card for d aunt.
Pull only one box of Christmas and put in the 3 season room. I just can't do any more.
Omelettes for dinner with veggies no cheese.
empty the little bit in cars :arrow:
brush other dog.
( I need 5 more hours of energy :shock: 8-) )
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:35 pm

I am sorry your trip to the ymca didn't work out d lady - very disappointment for d kids.

waving to all - many blessings to you as you go through your evening (or morning) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:36 pm

I walked the dog.
Got the next step of the J-ello salad done.
Got a head count seven tomorrow.
Pies are thawing.
Laundry is going.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Good luck to all of you with big plans for tomorrow.

(((Elizabeth)))

Not a productive day here although I wrote my Christmas letter contributions this morning before breakfast. But that burned me out for the entire day. I went through my bullet journal and wrote down what I had done through the year so I didn't have to work hard at remembering.

Dh's weighted blanket arrived. He's looking forward to trying it tonight.

The new projector arrived yesterday so that's my next project.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Oh my goodness, you all seem to be working hard! The YMCA would be great for the colder months, LadyM, that's a big plus... but having to get dressed to go there and then dressed to come home would be a drawback. We have a membership in a pool just almost within walking distance of our house -- but we have to get in the car and go there b/c it's a pretty good trek across a pasture to get to it. You would think, when it is less than 5 minutes away, that we would use it more. Instead, we just pay the membership fee every year and finally ds and family are using it. We basically quit using it when ds started playing baseball in the summers. So it's been a big waste of money for us -- and according to the "rules" -- ds and family really should have us there with them if they are using it, I believe, but I would defy anyone to question their right to use it, after 30 years of us paying $200+ for nothing. :P

THIS. This is why I do not need a fancy, pretty hour-by-hour daily planner:

The PLAN (written down in my cheap, ugly planner) for today was as follows --
BEFORE NOON: s2s, breakfast, vitamins, Bible reading
12:00-3:00: Strip bed, start/finish laundry, start/finish baking cookies
3:00: Go to drug store for dmom, co-op for rat poison pellets for dh to throw under the house in the crawl space
4:30: Start supper
5:00-6:00: Eat, s/s kitchen
6:00: Clean dh's shower, bathroom mirrors & exterior glass doors

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED:
11:00-12:30: s2s, breakfast, vitamins (no, no Bible reading), helped dh with computer issues
12:30-1:30?: Talked to dmom approx 40 min, called pharmacy for her, got involved in FB argument w/dnephew re: football
(I know that is just too ridiculous to even type out, and yes, I am embarrassed a bit over it all, even to tell y'all. We are on the same side; we are arguing about whether or not we need a new coach.)
1:30?-4:00: stripped bed, started laundry,DH wanted to go to town with me, and go for a ride in the forest... went to drug store, but not co-op
4:00: home, called dmom, flipped the laundry
continued FB argument, which ds had become involved in, and I took great enjoyment on giving dh blow-by-blow updates...
4:30: dmom came to pick up meds and nebulizer, and I had to show her the demonstration the pharmacy tech had shown me
5:00-6:30: ate supper, s/s kitchen, went to store (just down the road) to get local weekly paper, continued laundry, FINALLY started the cookies
6:30-7:30: finished cookies, finished laundry (except sheets are not back on the bed and underwear is not folded/put away)
Note -- bathrooms, mirrors, and glass doors have not been touched, either.

:idea: But speaking of PLANNERS -- ddil very much wants one, and she agrees that $50-$60 could be better spent, so does not request the fancy E rin C ondren one, or any other expensive models. She does say she wants it to be "pretty." I am now trying to decide between these two. What do y'all think --
THIS -- Day Designer for Blue Sky 2019 Weekly & Monthly Planner, Flexible Cover, Twin-Wire Binding, 8.5" x 11"
or THIS -- myAgenda Desktop Spiral Day Planner (August 2018 - December 2019) Organize Your Busy Life with Our Unique Week-at-A-View Layout. Weekly Inspirational Quotes Included. (Blush Dot) (I believe it is 9" x 7".) (This is more expensive right now on amazon, but the momagenda.com page has it on sale approx the same price as the other.)
I can't get the hyperlink to do right. :cry:
I love the size and the flowery pages and plastic colored tabs on the Blue Sky... but it has a horizontal layout for the week (MTW on the left, Th/F/Sa/Su on the right), and personally, I would prefer vertical listings.
OTOH, the myAgenda has the vertical listings and is set up to include different spaces for each child (and the husband in this case) and all their various appts/events... and that would be VERY helpful for ddil. However, some reviews say the paper is thin in it, and it is definitely not as "pretty."
SIGH.
AND... OTotherOH... the MyAgenda gets bad ratings on amazon, so it's out. I keep going back to the Blue Sky but now I have another problem -- I forced ddil to choose big or small, and she said big. The big one is prettier, but the smaller one has the vertical layout and top three for the day on it. SHEESH.
SHEESH SHEESH SHEESH...
I may order both and let her pick...

For myself, I am just frustrated. Apparently, NO planner will solve MY problem(s) -- which are
(1) distractions from dh
(2) distractions from social media, self-inflicted
(3) distractions from dmom & ds/ddil/dgrands
(4) lack of self-discipline
(5) lack of energy
(6) a tendency to be lazy
(7) a tendency to procrastinate
(8) a huge tendency to give in to the donwannas
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”