Foggy Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Foggy Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am

There's mist along the river. I'm not sure if that means the air temp is warmer than the water or vice versa. Yesterday we had a temperature record for coldest Nov. 22.

You might also be coming out of the fog of the holiday meal. Still groggy.

Whichever, I wish you clarity today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Foggy Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 am

I woke at 8:10 after a 4 hour deep sleep stretch. From 11 - 4 weren't too bad either, although I can't type without multiple mistypes this morning so they didn't do anything to repair that mental connection.

Dd is looking to come over around 11 or immediately depending on the rest of plans for the day. I need to call her.

The super will be in to repair my tap at some point.

Dh is now done his bike exercises and in the shower. I'll get into my shower after he's done so he can answer the door if the super showed up. I had intended to be dressed by now but that would have meant rising at 7, not 8:20.

I'm doing my light therapy while I wait for dh.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 am

Morning...

Had a wonderful thanksgiving day celebrating with Norma, Mr Guy and another couple. Dinner was yummy... steak, salad,veggies as well as a great glass of wine and decaf coffee for dessert. Sweet reward, I lost a pound from yesterday!

Need to call the vet this morning. Willis has has some skin issues that I can’t seem to clear up. Gonna put my turkey breast in my slow cooker and make mash potatoes, for Sweetie, and steamed green beans for dinner tonight. No muss, no fuss. Will do a few loads of laundry and a bit of my house blessings since I don’t have much going on today.

Hope y’all had a fun and fuss free day yesterday... time for Perry and my second cup of coffee. Enjoy your day. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 am

Clarity would certainly be nice. When I checked our USPS 'informed delivery' I noticed there's a billing statement coming for dh for his shoulder. So looked it up online. Said we still owed them $75 -why it hasn't been billed before is beyond me. But after dh clarifying that he didn't make the first few payments on PT we figured it out and it's now paid online. Hope that's it. Because now the bills will start coming for my ambulance, etc, etc.
Also have to remember to go online (after December's health insurance payment is taken out) and increase that amount by another $75/month. Have to do something about that soon as we don't get our 'decision packet' until well after the deadline of making that choice. We have from October 28-November 9. We didn't receive it until just last Friday. It was mailed out October 14th. Trying to figure out what address to use for H arris. Evidently when it goes to our mail box it takes too long to forward. And our forwarding order didn't even start until October 27th. You'd think 2 weeks was long enough for it to reach us. :roll: Perhaps when ds-R gets back from their cruise I may ask about asking them if we can make their address our 'home' address. At least it'll be in Monroe County and he'd get it to us much more quickly than the postal system.

Need to go online NOW and write a couple of thank you notes to our churches so they can be included in the December Newsletters. Off I go to accomplish that task.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:33 am

Got up at 5 did my journal planning routine.
Next soon as I warm up is taking leaves that came down in the winds and rain over night.
Glad for a good day yesterday. I need to get bread for sandwiches.
Got the leaves raked in the front yard. They still need to dry a bit before I bag them up.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Tried to pay our auto insurance by phone -they're closed. Was very surprised! Had come across "the" bill I thought and then realized it's the one I paid in June. Got the new one from our bedroom. What? The amount went DOWN?! That's a first. I'll have to call Monday. Also tried to renew dh's subscription to a magazine online. It was $5 more than the card received says. So tried to call them & had to leave a # for them to call back.

DD texted me to see if I'd ordered the Instant Pot -yep! Our friend has one to give us. Told her to take it and we'll use it up north (if we like it, LadyM). Hoping we use it at least a fraction of how much you do.

Got my notes sent off to both churches (here & up north). Also had to send an announcement for the newsletter up home regarding people sending me their annual reports. So that's done for the moment.

Got 1 large LOL into the dryer. Should be almost ready to fold I would think. Guess I'll go check.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Good for me: My first load of laundry done, folded and put away -in a month. Dh had done it up to now. DD has new washer & dryer -both large load & I definitely had that! I have enough underwear for 10 days & dh has more than that. So I put some of his away and will probably send a good bit back north with him. Want to clean out our dresser later today and perhaps gather some other things to send back with him (and have them stay there.)

Getting hungry but I really want to watch what I'm eating over the next few days. Will try to wait for dd to come home. Then we'll have turkey sandwiches on croissants with cream cheese & cranberry sauce. My tummy's already growling, but I'll wait. I'm wanting to dive into the stuffing/gravy but I'll forego it today. Know there's way too much butter in that stuffing. My weight is up and I'll try very hard to get it back down to where I was.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm

In my Instant Pot at the moment are 5 of the sweet potatoes from my dcousin who truck farms next door. We swapped because he needed apple cider vinegar to make his ricotta cheese from his goats' milk and had run out. He was in the middle of things and it's a time-sensitive recipe, so he was super appreciative and gave me enough potatoes to last for a week. Of course, he knew who to call because I always have my Braggs. How nice to be swapping homey things.

A big mess of collards is washed up and wrapped in paper towels and bagged. These are from the young man's ddad. Gave some to the hens.

So I'll have two dishes on the table tomorrow, of produce that came from neighbors, grown close. I may put some kale in with the collards - still thinking because they don't quite cook for the same time and I'd have to plan. Have a recipe I want to try with tomatoes, garlic and smoked paprika.

Dee, HRH will be using the fat-free sour cream as he makes our mashed potatoes tomorrow for the same reason.

A particular member of the second-in-laws is all kinds of trouble today, first deciding on a visit this morning (which made me change a lot of getting-ready plans) and then saying, no, this afternoon, but not saying when. Frustrating. HRH's mother was considering visiting at the same time if it was this morning, but nope, she says she's not bothering because she predicts this person's plans will just change again and she can't worry about driving in the dark. I hope she's wrong because shortly after dark I'm expecting dd's whole family to come in, tired from a long car trip.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Oh, enjoy your family, DHarriet! Glad they're finally making it there.

I've been doing a round of exercises. Didn't get my entire walk in however. Will try to do a little more in a half hour or so -before the mosquitoes start attacking. But I'll trade them (as long as I can avoid them) for the snow and cold up home. Was pretty bad about getting them done the last two days -can't let that continue. I need to work, work, work and get back in shape. I still hit that 'wall' around 7pm and then I'm done!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi everyone! I have done my WTF for the holiday - the list of things taken in the burglary is sent to the officer in charge. I had a good time at the friend's house. My green beans went over well. After seeing a large decorative Star of David, I warned everyone there was bacon in it, but only one person didn't eat it. (Note to self: when bringing Southern vegetables, ALWAYS ask if bacon is ok). With a professional and a serious amateur musician in the family, they were particularly disgusted with the burglary. Briggs is still yowly at night, but the others are no longer troubled. They probably think it was another Halloween party event.

Today, I am cooking my own turkey. I went to the Friday knit/crochet group, but only one other person was there. Still enjoyed myself. I don't really want to venture forth into Black Friday, but I need to get my glasses adjusted something awful. I will do this after the turkey is out, assuming the place I want to go is open.

My recommendation to lucylee on planners is not to get spiral bound. It is good to be able to add pages and and envelopes and pockets. Planners should be functional over pretty, because pretty can be added by the user. (You should see some of the awesome ones at our Planner Addicts meetings!)

Kathryn: I have read that toddlers referring to themselves in the third person is perfectly normal and expected development. That being said, DDnow16 never did it. I don't know if it is an autism thing or because we never modified our speech around her. Neither did my parents when we were growing up. We got interesting looks when she would talk about opposable thumbs and stabilizing things for other kids.

ETA: Just checked my bank account and a credit card that the thieves could have gotten hold of. No problems. Also found that the glasses place is open.

Return to “Post When You Can”