Foggy Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Foggy Friday

Postby Sunny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello everyone. It is 80* here at the moment, no clouds. We are supposed to get rain and maybe some thunder tonight.

We waited until 3 pm to go to W-M to pick up dh's RX refill. There was not the usual late afternoon traffic and I found a H parking place right away. No one waiting at the pharmacy, so I was in and out within five minutes. I did get the two loads of laundry washed, dried and put away that I was supposed to do yesterday. For some reason I am a little tired today, so other than the laundry I just puttered at small stuff that didn't take much energy.

Well, dh is asking what we are having for supper; that's my cue to get to the kitchen.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:30 pm

HRH's dmother was exactly right. Glad she didn't come because of this late visit but I am :x because it just drags on and on. The entire day taken up with waiting and postponing. Feeling as though much of dd38's family's visit is being very cramped. Had to resort to take-out pizza tonight because of this situation. Some people are so clueless. Thinks it will be helpful to stay because they have a discount :roll: on the meal we didn't want to resort to anyway. No, that just means they stay and stay and we can't get delivery because the discount only works for take-out. I would have paid whatever the normal price just to avoid this.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Dgs came over this morning around 10:30 and left around 2. He had lunch and then I babysat while his mom when grocery shopping. She picked up groceries for me too. We were down to the last 2 cups of milk, an emergency situation for us.

He took his medicine (for teething) from me while his mom was out without absolutely no fuss. He fusses something awful for his mother and did for me last time she asked me to give it to him but she was present.

We played trains, read books, watched a diesel train compilation YouTube video and then mommy came. I was exhausted and didn't do a sweep of the place before she left so his water cup and her block of cheese are still here.

My bathroom tap was being changed when they left. It started leaking and spraying on Saturday but was mostly behaved so the delay didn't cause trouble except I had all the contents of my under sink cabinet on the floor in my bedroom so I wouldn't have to clean it out again for the super to do the work.

After that was done, I vacuumed the bathroom, put things back, vacuumed the bedrooms (lick & a promise because I had done those on Tuesday I think) and then vacuumed the rest of the apartment over the next few hours. The dusting was done on Wednesday so it is mostly clean now. I also did a load of laundry and got it hung up to dry.

Dh cooked and cleaned up dinner. We just had chicken pieces. He missed out on a movie because I didn't want him to leave me alone with dgs, I was just too tired to trust myself in case something went wrong.

I'm getting ready for bed now, although I'll pay some bills first.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Gdg was here a couple hrs. We walked the dog got the done just in time before it started to pour down rain.
She it learning to crochet.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Harriet, sorry your day was so chopped up.

We also had a visitor, but this one was nice. DSiL came by himself (kids were still sleeping at his brothers) because he wanted to pick up the wallet one of the boys left. His Mom had already taken it home with her. But we were able to sit and have a nice quiet conversation, something we weren't able to do on Thanksgiving.

I was still in my PJ's because I was so tired and slept in a long while this morning. I felt better after that.

But what a day. One thing DH has been wanting, we waited for the sale today, so we went out hunting for it. 9 stores later and we still didn't find it. Found a similar one for a better price but the checkout lady said the clerk had misunderstood the price on the shelf (it was in the wrong spot) and that expensive thing went right back...

So I began looking online until the UPS truck came with an envelope bearing a check inside. :shock: :o :? which made no sense to me or to DH. I did a bunch of searching online, looked up the company, the bank, the place that sent it... still no clue. Called one place I'd found the number for and he said I'd have to call back when they were back on Monday. Other 2 numbers I called were closed for the holiday.

I may have figured it out but still not sure. I'd sent a paper back a few weeks ago about some class action lawsuit...and expected a $5 check back but got this one instead, if that's what it is. :!: No explanation came with the check. Nothing. So Merry Christmas to us, I guess, as the check appears to be real with all the security stuff on it. :mrgreen:

Back to one of the stores tonight to peer at the empty shelf again for DH's product... and we came home and ordered it online (crossing fingers we don't need to return this heavy thing) and got a good deal and DH is finally happy. Oh My. Preserve me from ever shopping with DH like this again.

Also bought a renewal for our anti virus which is up the end of the month, and it was on sale $5 / year instead of $100 / year so I got 5 years' worth... and our computer sure better last that long!

As you can imagine, traffic was horrible, stores were beyond crowded, and I'm glad to be done with all that.

I have sheets in the dryer and towels in the washer. Getting the house back to normal. I think I'll take another break.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Heroic efforts got me 99 percent ready for houseguests.

Only two main things forgotten. didn't have time to finish getting drip-dries out of the front bath. And forgot my two meds in the master bath, so that now I can't get in there to take them. Sigh. HRH keeps saying just knock on the door, but no, waking 6 people is not worth it. Tonight's med might have been forgotten on some random night anyway - not a huge deal when that happens. But in the a.m.... ..hmmm... .. really need to have my thyroid pill and it should be a half-hour before I have breakfast. I'll just have to put off breakfast.

Now to figure out sleeping. Dd20 suggested I close one of the vents in the LR so that the second couch will be more comfortable. She may be right that then both couches would be comfy.

Ds says he has made us a platter of deviled eggs to add to the things they were already bringing tomorrow.

Two more gifts purchased on BF online sales. Dd38 purchased one, too. Dd20 wants/needs to go to Hobby Lobby in the morning for velcro for a 3-D print model. Not sure that's smart for the rest of us, but how can we really say no to HL?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 pm

wishing you all a lovely day. I am heading out again but wanted to say hi!

going to look at what I should do and hopefully do something. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”