No Sitting Around Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: No Sitting Around Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Well, that did not go as I had hoped... been sitting around watching football. Oh well... in another day or so, those people will have to be thinking about Georgia and will forget about us, LOL. Last year (when we won) they said this game didn't matter anyway...
Glad I did NOT go to the game w/dh, ds, and dbil.

HOWEVER -- I have NOT been sitting around all day! :D I got up and s2s 1st thing, did Bible reading, went to post office and got breakfast for us and ds, and after they left the house, I did the WHB vacuuming (more like MonthlyHB, I must admit :oops: * sheesh * ) and reconciled the bank statement. (Only came up $9.77 short this time. Shaking my head... I had a $10 error IN MY FAVOR for once... and then noticed I had not recorded a $19.77 charge. Good grief.)
Talked to dmom a couple times, texted w/dbro, and a dfriend, and dmom's preacher's wife -- dmom asked me to tell her she wouldn't be at church b/c of the bronchitis. Also walked probably .8 of a mile while talking to dmom on the phone, in addition to the vacuuming.

I need to dust before putting out Christmas decorations, and I don't know if I will get to the decorating stuff tonight at all.
FIRST, I must do some online shopping. I've been putting that off since Thursday.

:?: Do any of y'all have suggestions re: repairing or replacing a very large family photo album? Dmom has one that is probably 50/55 years old, heavy leather-like cover, post-bound... or at least it used to be post-bound. It seems to have come apart, and I know it is going to be very expensive to replace with anything of similar quality. It has 12-15 pages for 8x10s and then more pages for smaller photos -- the old square prints everyone used to do, held in place with the black paper corners. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.
I am wondering if Hobby Lobby could re-bind it, using new posts, perhaps? I told dmom I would call them next week, when the weekend sales crowds died down.

OH -- yesterday, I did not sit around all day either -- yesterday was ironing day. Glad to have that done, too!

(((Kathryn))) Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Glad to see you're doing so well, Dee! Hang in there!

Sending good travel wishes for Twins & family!

Waving to blessed and Elizabeth! And Harmony!

Waving to ALL in our village!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 pm

((Harmony)) you aren't stupid, you did not believe it was real.

Without bad luck I would have no luck at all.

I fell on the way home from dinner. Was holding on to dh so didn't hit my head but did twist hips unnaturally and am very so and unbelievably upset. I didn't break the skin but have drops of blood pooling under my knee.

I'm having some tea while on the heating pad but will have to take a shower because I can feel my whole body tensing up.

No wonder I don't want to go anywhere.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi!

My kitchen is an absolute mess. Library isn't much better. The pantry/office isn't much better. Dh voiced his displeasure a couple of times today already. He normally doesn't say anything.

If I had been left alone all day yesterday, it would have gotten done. Instead he decided to take one of his remaining sick days for the year and take me to Fort Erie for lunch. Then a tour of packed parking lots and stores he wanted to go to and didn't because we would walk in the door and he would see the line up to get out and then we left right away. UGH!

I just want a day to myself. Nowhere to go and nobody to look after or go visit. UGH!! Just one day.

Dh already has an entire list for tomorrow. UGH!!! Idonwanna...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:22 pm

I have lights up 2 strings inside. Working on decor.Charging up pc and tablet. Emptied dishes. Needs to be rebooted. Waving to everyone.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:28 pm

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! Why does everything have to be so complicated and EXPENSIVE???
First -- ordering dgd an 18" doll w/accessories. NOT the very very expensive A merican G irl version. If and when dgd gets old enough to ask for a "real" one like that, perhaps she will understand also that expensive gifts like that mean one gets fewer gifts. No, I was ordering from a catalog that is fairly common around here -- don't know if any of you have used it or not -- L T D C ommodities -- no space between the c & the o.
Well, all right. I was going to get free shipping, which was no small thing -- $12 almost, on an order of $45. So I tried to add the Berenstain (sp?) Bears book set, but that didn't bring it up to the required $65 minimum... and somehow by the time I added something else, I realized that the 30% off (plus free shipping) only applied to CHRISTMAS goods... :roll: so I just gave up, took my $45 items, plus $12 shipping, PLUS $5 tax, and now my $45 doll set (doll, 4 outfits, toy guitar for the doll, etc.) ends up costing approx $62.

And the LEGO'S that I am about to order dgs are going to be about that expensive, for just off-brand base plates, a "medium" size box of assorted Lego's and ONE tiny dinosaur Lego. (At least it makes 3 different dinosaurs. Sheesh.)
But I have not ordered that yet, b/c with a couple other items DH wanted to get dgs, that total is up to $90 already. And I'd like to get him some books.
I usually try to buy them some new clothes, also, b/c they rarely ever get anything that is not from a consignment shop unless dh and I buy it -- and there is NOTHING wrong with consignment shop clothing -- ddil often finds things that still have the original tags on them! BUT... I do like to splurge on at least one nice new outfit for each of them at Christmas and birthdays... :roll: AND ddil has suggested BLACK shoes for dgs, and I am thinking, those are NOT going to look right with summer clothes, whereas if I bought the buckskin/beige/tan ones like he's been wearing, he's set for year-round wear until he outgrows them.

Didn't matter though, I didn't place my Belk (department store) order either, b/c I wanted a particular sweater for dniece (which I had seen in their BF ad) and it is "no longer available."

Then I went looking for weighted blankets, b/c dmom said yes, she might really like one of those. AAAAUGGGH! Apparently they are NOT on anyone's Black Friday sale. Or if they are (were) they are no longer available. :evil: And those things are EXPENSIVE too! And the picture album is probably going to be a frustration also.

What a night.
At least my floors are vacuumed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”