Sunday Recharge for the Next Big Thing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Recharge for the Next Big Thing

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't know why someone would make fun of that list. we do this every year! :D and I am proud of it.

hello d lady
hello d everyone

I tried going through my photos for pictures of our old Christmas trees' - I was going to make a college of our trees from multiple years and families but it is way too much thinking to go through it. I am thinking of getting regular Christmas cards. oh well that can be an idea for next year.

It is snowing! loving it but hope dd older makes it home safely and dd younger makes it home safely as well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:05 pm

I have done a list like that. I'm usually not organized enough to do it, however, and have someone running to the store at the last minute, or calling M to see if I can borrow something....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Supper was ready and waiting when I got home from going out for a while by myself. There was a Yule Celebration Sale in Niagara Falls. Not a lot of vendors, but they all had things to explain a little bit so standing to one side and hearing the vendor explain wands, or pendulums or using crystals was very enjoyable. I bought a few things, wanted to buy some other things, but some vendors didn't have any method of payment other than cash or pay pal or e transfers. I had a credit card. I will make sure I will bring cash to the next local sale of this type.

There was an awesome pillow that was machine embroidered that said

"We are the granddaughters of the ones that didn't get burned!" It was gorgeous! Purple pillow with black embroidery.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:16 pm

I am working on our December calendar. It is giving me the information that I really don't want to know. I don't want to know it because it is going to force me to face the facts. It means what I want to do is probably not going to happen because there is no time available.

I have it set up in monthly calendar format with 3 segments for each day - Morning, afternoon, evening. That allows me to see what part of the day is already busy.

I am going to color code the appointments for informational purpose. Medical appointments (eleven of them!) are highlighted in yellow. Now to find and highlight the other type of appointments and events.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:49 pm

I went through my d uncles photos so that I can send them to his daughter. I will send them out to her tomorrow if I can get her address. But I am glad I got that done.

dd younger is still downtown. I don't know when she will be on the train - the city is not the safest esp. at night and a girl on her own but knowing the family members she is with makes me know that they will drop her off at the train station. dd older got home and thank goodness it wasn't snowing in the city yet.

hello d lady. enjoy working on your December calendar.

hello d cathy I am glad you enjoyed yourself

hello d twins

hello d everyone.

dh is doing the few dishes left which is nice.
I washed one load of towels.
I still have a load of dishes that are air drying in the dw. I hope I get my adult on and put the dishes away. (lol instead of complaining ;) )
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Getting my batteries recharged by listening to Celtic Women.
Cleaned up the kitchen off and on today.
Our team won yea!

I googled how long are singles contagious.And take a long time to get over.
K in C rest take time off you need it. Plus you had a concusion this fall also.
Blusters need to be dry and crusty. Hugs to all who need it this time of year seems everyone needs it.

We have seen pot licks request lhose with last names that start with a - m bring salads & n -z bring desserts.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 pm

No recharge for me.

My batteries are dead and no longer hold a charge.

And no, I have not recovered from Canadian Thanksgiving (over 6 weeks ago) because I've only got worse since then.

Dh has been picking away at the balcony over the past few weeks as I whined about it not being ready for winter but it still had a lot to do. It is finally above freezing and not blowing so I got some of it done and dragged the tables inside to warm up.

When he was home he moved them into the centre of the kitchen and I put on wax and then we wrapped them into a tarp and sealed well. They are now back out on the balcony. That was the last thing to be done, so now the balcony is ready for winter.

Next week I hope to buy a front porch display of furs (which I'll put out on the balcony.) And I might put some bows on the metal sculptures out there.

Dinner was light.

Dh worked on finalizing the pictures for the performance. Now I have to figure out how to run the projector and the least objectionable way to run a slideshow during each song.

As for that meal-planning list. I used to be all organized, table set with post-it notes on the empty dishes. People had great fun changing the notes around and generally making fun of me. The next year, I didn't do it and everyone asked where the notes were. You see, it meant they knew what went where and they could help without having to ask a ton of questions. And if there was a dish without an item in it, they'd know what was missing immediately. Without the notes, people couldn't help.

I need to get a meal-planning list like that going for the potluck in a few weeks. People keep writing to ask me what to bring. When I said potluck, I didn't realize I'd have to plan food. That was why I said potluck, so I didn't have to think. I've got a lot worse since I set this event. Six weeks ago, I couldn't imagine this event being anything more than tiring. Instead it is overwhelming and I'm hysterical over it.

I'm terrified now of getting sick since I don't have my flu shot so I've cancelled my attendance at dd's open house next week.

No flu shot, no seeing the new baby. Can't have my flu shot now because of shingles. This is why I'd love to know how to tell if I'm over shingles but I can't find an answer on google so I guess I'll have to book a doctor's appointment to ask the stupid question. That means taking dh away from his work for 2 hours while he drives me out to the doctor since I'm not strong enough to drive myself.

If I get sick from anything else that will delay my flu shot further.

Basically, do I roll the dice and leave the apartment to do Christmas things (2 concerts, two performances, the potluck, hair cut, Christmas dinner) and hope I don't get sick(er)? Or do I quarantine myself until the shingles are over and I have my shot so I can see the baby?

Do I book more Christmas events (i.e. dh's birthday or our Boxing Day party) or do I just keep the list with what we have so far and not add to it?

At this point, I'm so fatigued I can't imagine even wanting to see the baby. But I'm stressed over the thought of not being allowed to (as in, I've spent hours crying today over this.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:53 am

((((Kathryn)))) May not help much, but know I'm thinking of you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:20 am

I lost a great post earlier tonight! Some weird power surge all across the county, apparently.

Nah, it wasn’t that great a post — just wanted to send (((HUGS))) and prayers to Kathryn...

And I was going to tell LadyM — I loved that list!

I think I’m re-charged for the week ahead. I have high hopes, anyway. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”