Sunday Recharge for the Next Big Thing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Sunday Recharge for the Next Big Thing

Postby BookSaver » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Today we have (hopefully) recovered from Thanksgiving Day, especially you Canadians! ;)

DH and I took a couple days of R&R, but I need to start gearing up for December.
I am using this day to adjust my expectations for what I can accomplish before Christmas and the end of the year.

I have not been good about using my planner for the past few months, which is a shame because it is full of funny illustrations that make me smile as I'm writing in it. I will pull it out today and start filling in a rough schedule.

But first, a few easy things for today:
* Take trash and recycling out to the bins in the shed
* Clear the entry corner where I want to put a boot rack
* Assemble the boot rack and install
* Update pantry inventory and put away misc. canned goods left out in pre-Thanksgiving rush
* Detail clean the stove because it's really, really bad

What can you do to prep for December?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday Recharge for the Next Big Thing

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:10 pm

I am up.
Have s2s done.
Did journaling and planning.
Some in law farm drama makes me seem more normal. :roll: the deal fell through.
I have decor up except for the creche, stable is up.
Dang spell check... aragh.....
I finished that book.
Half time exercise bagged up 5 leaf bags! Go me!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:11 pm

We are in recovery mode north of the border as far as "Black Friday sales" at almost every store! Parking lots were jammed packed last night when we went out. It was a Walmart that we drove by. The parking lots are the reason I try to get all my shopping for everything done by early December.

I've been working away at the kitchen. Just one large pot to finish. It's a Dutch oven and it's heavy.

Dh is out in the garage putting the front part on the snowblower. He did an oil change and checked the tires as well.

Supper will be ribs. They need the Dutch oven.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:48 pm

we are the same d Cathy. relax and enjoy your sunday. your dinner sounds lovely

hello d nancy

hello d book recovery hasn't taken place yet 8-)
glad you took some rest and relaxation
I like that you are looking at Christmas of what you can do and can not do. Great idea. I am in that process right the last few days because I can see somethings as doable and somethings as a reach. (and it's okay)

We are supposed to have 11" near us but that rarely pans out.
I am so tired! we have been going since thanksgiving. we did thanksgiving, then day after thanksgiving - all day-er and so much fun, yesterday a party with family again as well. lots of fun.
dd younger is heading to a play downtown (we are supposed to get snow so she is taking a train) (I will drop her off)
dd older is driving back to the city today and I hope the snow doesn't cause her problems. I figure dd younger can always spend the night at dd older if the snow becomes bad.

spoke to d mom and she is doing great. She and the other ladies in her merry widows group have invited another woman which is very nice. life changes after one looses ones husband.

today:
what I don't want to do:
dailies
put away thanksgiving
make a grocery menu
dinner

What I do want to do:
take a nap
fun planning and stuff - raising chickens on paper dreaming
creative anything
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:47 pm

It's a quiet Sunday here I hope. We got home about 8 p.m. last night. I think a good time was had by all; not surprisingly there was a significant amount of family "dynamics" too but then we were all together from Monday a.m. to Saturday p.m. We were less fast-paced once we went out to Long Island on Wednesday afternoon and thankfully had some downtime away from each other. In NYC we did go to the Museum of Natural History, Ellis Island and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and saw a show, all in a little more than 48 hours - noon or so on Monday through 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

Hoping for some quiet today - dh has TV going and it's loud. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:54 pm

hello d twins!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Thank you bw2! Dh just went to his office for a bit. He actually mentioned (without anyone suggesting) going to Best Buy to see about headphones for the TV. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm

I don't want to adult today
thanksgiving is down but needs to be put in the box for basement

wonderful d twins - he thought of it himself! awesome!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Twins - Welcome home! I missed your daily posting. Glad you had a good trip.

I enjoyed a couple days of reduced activity. I am feeling rested, renewed and recharged.

Church was good this morning. The music and message were inspiring and encouraging. I also enjoyed the giving & receiving many hugs and greetings from friends.

I wanted to try a new place for lunch. The shared table with family and friends was good. Unfortunately, the food was eatable but not repeatable. I missed our regular place where the food is always predictable and where everyone knows your name. Hum....Wondering if anyone else used to watch Cheers?

CCC = 25
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm

>>>skippable. Just thinking outloud<<<<<
As I get older I am discovering that I need things to be broken down into smaller details. Otherwise, I get overwhelmed and shut down when I try to "wing it" like I used to do. I was somewhat surprised this morning when our preacher message was about Luke 16:10 which speaks about taking care of the small things. I felt like I received encouragement and acceptance for my focus on details.

I saw a Thanksgiving meal plan broken down into tiny details a few days ago that I can't get out of my head. People were making fun of the person who broke things down into this much detail. I don't want to be made fun of, but HEY! The flip side is ....this person got it done! Why shouldn't I do things the way it helps my brain think? I do not expect others to follow a detailed plan that is developed for the way my brain works. I'm happy for those who can get things done without thinking about the many details.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”