Electric Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Electric Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:11 pm

(((Blessed))) It is easy to get overwhelmed when trying to restart and reset. Baby steps work best for me. Just do something. The smaller the better. Then do another tiny thing. Repeat often and eventually you'll find your groove.

DGS21 sent me a spreadsheet that he did during his lunchtime today. He is getting quotes for vehicle insurance and keeping the information in a spreadsheet so he can see which is the best deal for him. He is adulting well today.

I've played in the dirt today by planting several different pots. 2 varieties of onions, radishes, and 2 kinds of carrots seeds planted. Now I wait and see what happens.

I've painted on 4 different yard ornaments. It takes me about a dozen days to paint one ornament because I only apply one color each day. I did yellow paint today.

CCC = 67
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Still have the headache.

After dh was done, I opted to come back to our neighbourhood in order to guarantee me a seat on the bus. The government workers start leaving at 3, and it was 2:30 so if I had eaten downtown, I would have been coming home with commuters.

Went to our fancy grocery store to have their hot buffet but it closes at 2 and reopens at 4. It was all I could do to stop from crying right there. Dh offered other choices (get some salad and add a chicken leg or get them to grill up a pannini) but I had my heart set on the hot buffet with its sweet potatoes and stew. So I grabbed a bun to eat on the walk home.

Of course, had I had something at home that I wanted, I would have just gone home in the first place. I had a protein bar in my pocket so ate that too and figured out dinner (ham and scallop potatoes) and then decided on carrot and potato soup with crackers and peanut butter. That was quick to heat up in the microwave.

After eating that, I settled into my recliner, hoping my headache would abate if I rested my eyes. No such luck. We needed tinned milk for the potatoes so dh went out to the store. He thought I needed sweetened condensed milk but thankfully texted to confirm. And he ended up driving over (the weather is awful) so was able to give a neighbour a ride home with her load of groceries.

Dinner is in the oven now. I've taken another pill for the headache. I can barely keep my eyes open but need to work through at least some of my to-do list for today. I'm recharging my bluetooth keyboard so it is ready for tomorrow. I'll also have to update and reboot my computer but that can wait until after supper. I also need to pay the refugees their monthly allowance. Maybe I can do that before dinner.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi everyone! I was right, the insurance person did call during yesterday's meeting. I DO NOT LIKE changing queries on the fly with customers watching. Nope, never, not. I am always worried I will break more than I set to rights. The stuff I did before the meeting demonstrated we could do what they wanted. I have more info on what they are looking for. But if you want intelligent programming, let me hide out in my office then give you a finished product.

Last night, I went to dance class, returned a library video, got gasoline, swept my disastrous MBR, and extreme cleaned some catboxes.

Over lunch I finished an inter-library loan book that I will return tonight. I also wrote some checks for bills, but need a proper B&B session. DD16 has a homework video so she is staying at the x's house tonight. So tonight's plan is: homework for the insurance people, bills and budget, and crochet with another library video. Must remember to bring sugar to work tomorrow, who needs unsweet tea, bleah! Gotta add stamps to my grocery list too.

kckgirl

Postby kckgirl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:35 pm

I had plans today, mostly laundry related. My mom just began radiation treatments following breast cancer surgery. While I was in the radiation center's waiting room, I started feeling unwell. So, the plans went out the window and I've been in bed all day.

If I feel better in the morning, I'll start the laundry and check in.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Just thought I would check in and say hi!

It was a blistery day here. Wind. Rain. Snow. More snow. Our ground can't take any more rain/wetness. Dh went out to get the sump pump going in the back yard in the dark last night. Of course he had a flashlight, but I was concerned just the same.

Our neighbour came for a visit, which was nice. He moves to Nova Scotia tomorrow. He was such an awesome guy to have for a neighbour. We will both miss him very much.

Supper tonight was pierogies and I fried some bacon. I also heated up some meatballs for dh. They take less than 5 minutes in the microwave, so not a difficult supper to make. Dh has requested meatloaf for later this week. I will most likely make it tomorrow night. Reminder to myself to make Jell-O in the morning. We will also have mashed potatoes with the meatloaf. Maybe I should make rice pudding instead... hmmm...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Wondering how Lucylee's DMom is doing.

Welcome to Kckgirl. Nice to have you.

This past weekend we caught a sale at the office store and bought something for the computer. They said to click on the program and just put our codes in and we'd be good to go. Nope. That's not how it worked. I could find nothing by clicking on the program but full price subscriptions. So I started with their chat screen which was crazy. This guy (obviously without English as his primary language) was so slow between postings that we timed out and we lost connection. So I tried the telephone and got someone riding an elephant somewhere ... or that's what he sounded like.... but after a good 45 minutes he got the codes in. What a nuisance.

Then I had another project to take care of which added more time on the telephone and computer, but that was accomplished and hopefully the guy got his voice message...

Felt like a wasted day. I did get my routines done and I pushed the furniture around and - get this - after all our work the other day, everything ended up right where it was originally. Bad thing is the little recliner in the corner can't be reclined. I hadn't planned on having it there, it serves no purpose over there in that spot... sigh... but I just couldn't stand the excess furniture all pushed out into the middle of the living room. Squeezing past stuff just annoys me to no end. And I couldn't get DH to help get the old piece outside so I just got mad and stubborn and put it back where it originally was.

We must have the dumbest floor plan in the world. It's hard to fix the furniture. And the electric is in the wrong spot in 2 places. Oh, well, I'm grateful not to be living in a tent!

Immediately when I read the question...I thought I'd miss our garbage pickup. Was the first thing that came to mind. Should have missed electric more because with no electric the septic pump won't work and we can't flush very much. Wow. Think about that.

Blessed, I'm glad you have power now. I've been lucky with the hurricanes not to have weeks-long power outages. Some people do. We never lost anything when Irma came through. People a mile or so away were without for a week. :shock:

Tomorrow's an early day. DH going to dr. to get an echo cardiogram at 8:00 AM. I hate when he sets these appointments so early. He's convinced he'll no longer have to wear the life vest. I hope that's so, because I don't think I want to be in the same house as him if they tell him to wear it another 2 months.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Dinner tasted good. We have that meal about 2x a decade so enjoy it each time! Anything more and we'd probably get tired of it!

I rested both before and after dinner.

Ds called to say he bought a house today. So I spent time with him on the phone. This was built in this century, not the last or next to last one so it should pass inspection. I'm not fond of the town it is in but it has a major cannibis growing company and the economy is recovering. Hershey used to be the main source of jobs in the town and when they pulled out the town went downhill. He'll be an hour from here so I won't be dropping by often.

It is just a little house in town. No land, no workshop, no cows or deer, no trees, no character. But it is move in ready and in his price range.

Off to bed now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 am

I'm am feeling like the filling in an oreo cookie. With 5 generations there is always something happening with one of the generations. With generations on both sides of me needing hands-on focus at the same time, it can give me the squished feelings at times. Squished like the filling of an oreo cookie. That must mean that I'm sweet. Silly and not really true. But it brings a smile to my face to think of it.

And all the people said: AMEN. At least, THIS person says AMEN, LadyM. I only have 4 generations squishing me, but dh sometimes seems a generation to himself.

Dmom said today, "Your daddy would say this is your penance for marrying a man 10 years older than you, and only 6 years younger than your mother." *sigh * They were NOT both supposed to start falling apart at the same time. When you're 18 and 28, you can't imagine either of you growing any older, you know. AND OF COURSE, I WOULD NEVER CHANGE A SINGLE THING!!! But... when dh is hobbling around and practically in tears with pain... and dmom is in the hospital calling to complain b/c she can't see her regular doctor -- only the "hospitalist" who admitted her... and she doesn't like their meal schedule... and they make her wait too long for her night time pills... and give too many pills in the morning... Calgon, take me away. At least she feels well enough to complain, right? But oh my goodness, I hope they don't let her go home until she is MUCH stronger.

Before I forget -- A BIG, HUGE THANK YOU TO THIS SITE!!! I could not remember doing the Power of Attorney and Living Will for dmom... she said we did it, and she knew the papers were either in her filing cabinet or on her desk (which is kinda like saying the papers are located on the planet Earth)... but I could NOT remember, and dbro could not remember. Last night, I searched and PRESTO -- there it was, May 17, in preparation for her stay at ass't living. Hooray! And I went to her house today and found it, right there on the desk like she said.

While at her house, I washed a load of clothes, brought 3 more home with me (3rd one is in the washer now), AND straightened up and organized that crazy paper pile she calls a desk. I threw away such things as a few grocery store receipts from three years ago, expired coupons, and scrap papers. I did NOT throw away a HUGE bundle of scraps with addresses and phone numbers on them, a HUGE collection of greeting cards (some to send, some she has received). I also brought home a HUGE -- REALLY HUGE -- stack of stuff that needs filing. It will take some time just to separate 2018 from 2017 from 2016. Sheesh.
I also cleaned dh's shower and toilet before I left the house this morning, and I have been to my retired teachers meeting -- although I left as soon as the business part of the meeting was over. Went to the drug store and dropped off a package for UPS pick-up (for dmom.)
OH -- and I have her meds in dispensers for the next 14 days. (I'm really thinking about getting her one of those dispensers that only opens on a timer -- somehow, even with me doing the dispensers, she STILL manages to "borrow" a sleeping pill from one day to the next, and tonight, there were morning pills in one of the nights, and two pills in one night where there should have been only one. I am frustrated beyond belief... and sooo sooo scared of the day that she may need someone to stay with her all the time -- because, I'm sorry, but I just do not think dh could ever deal with having her in the house with us 24/7 -- and I really don't think she would be happy here, either. But -- as we all know -- good help is hard to find. And that is never more true than in the realm of home health workers.
AND, I ALSO -- called my uncle and aunt (but had to leave a message for aunt) -- and labeled and downloaded pictures from Sept-Nov, hoping to take advantage of Shutterfly's sale that ends tonight. Frustrating. Shutterfly prints the date on the back of the picture, but apparently I have to go through and do each one individually if I want more than that? * sheesh * Somewhere, I printed photos and labeled them and got just the right thing on the back -- I cannot remember what site it was, or if I used "rename" for the file photo, or the "caption" or "tag" option. :? It was sooo easy, but I can never remember how to do it again!

BUT -- I feel a thousand times better (and more useful) doing these sorts of things than I do sitting in the hospital. I am a little afraid I have over-dried her clothes and shrunk some tops... but OTOH, she shouldn't let her laundry pile up like this! She hasn't been this sick FOREVER.

Oh my... I do dread the coming weeks/months... I will have to drive her to the ENT, the lung doctor, the dentist, and the gastro-doctor (she has been putting off her colonoscopy.) Plus most likely some trips for x-rays, etc, for all of these. When I start thinking about all that, I start getting really nervous and scared, so it is best for me to stay busy busy busy and think about folding clothes and filing papers.

Welcome to kckgirl! So glad to have you join us. My life is not ALWAYS this crazy. (Yeah -- I hear the others saying, "Yes, it is.")
I hope your mom does well with her treatments -- and I hope you feel better by the time you read this!

Harmony, I do hope your dh gets some good news tomorrow! I know EXACTLY what you mean about not wanting to be there with him if he is stuck in that contraption for another 2 weeks. I know it drove dh here crazy!

Certainly no snow here, but brrrr... it WAS cold today -- and I left my good jacket out at dmom's. :roll:

(((Kathryn)))

Thank you all for letting me vent and whine, and thank you for your good wishes for dmom! WAVING to EVERYONE!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”