Electric Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Electric Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 pm

I am sad your d mom got banged up but so happy she is okay d lady.

I have a headache so I don't know how much I will be here - have a great day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 pm

(((LucyLee))) I hope your DMom is doing okay this morning.

I just came back from checking on DMom and she is doing okay. She has a swollen cheek on left side with a shallow cut. Her eye is already turning black so I imagine it will really look rough in a couple days. Her little finger on left hand is tender but she insist she can use it with no problem. Her left knee has a bruise but again she says it is fine. I took DMom 3 gallons of water and picked up the sale ad that starts tomorrow at local grocery store. Those are DMom's 2 weekly things that she does every Tuesday so hopefully, she will relax. Probably not. When I got to DMom's home she had cleaned out her clothes closet and had a pile of neatly folded summer tops to give away. Her walker was filled with a couple dozen hangers that she was taking to the washing area (outside in another building). She chatted how her hand towels were becoming dingy and she needed to get them bleached and washed. On and on and on her talking continued. She followed me to the door talking all the way about everything. DMom is doing fine. I am thankful.

I'm am feeling like the filling in an orea cookie. With 5 generations there is always something happening with one of the generations. With generations on both sides of me needing hands-on focus at the same time, it can give me the squished feelings at times. Squished like the filling of an oreo cookie. That must mean that I'm sweet. Silly and not really true. But it brings a smile to my face to think of it.

Back to homeschooling.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:40 pm

I am chipping away at a.m. routine and puttering around the house. It's so good to be home and to have it quiet too. Dh didn't get home until 9:15, then had to make a phone call to a client (they had set it up in advance) and was on the speaker phone over an hour. I went on to bed and used ear plugs. :shock:

I have a dental appt at 3 p.m. today - routine cleaning.

Between now and 2:30 I am going to work on footnotes to my KDP...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 pm

LadyM....
Your mom sounds like my 90 almost 91 in Feb mom. Just talked to her on Sunday and she told me she has two more garbage bags filled with clothes to add to her 4 others. She’s still living alone, with help 2/3 times a week to take her shopping and to dr appointments. Told me she wants to go to the mall this week to buy new boots. She uses a walker as well and since her back surgery is now taking out her own garbage. That means using an additional walker she keeps down stairs. It also means she also needs to go up and down 18 steps. She said she needs to go to her specialty store that sells cosmetics and such cause she’s out of her moisturizer. She refuses the give in.

For some reason I am tired today. Didn’t sleep well last night so I think that’s why. So today will be slow and easy till I get it done.

Sweetie and I have a date tonight. Going to a Cmas concert. That means dinner needs to be early. Works for me.

Waving to ya’ll and it goes well for Lucy’s mom.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Low energy day. I still haven't had lunch. At the moment I am waiting for Dh's hair cut to finish.

My hair looks way better and I remembered to buy more of the special hair elastics that don't dent my hair. I forgot last time and have lost at least one of the first batch I bought so was getting paranoid I'd lose the rest of them.

Library books are also returned.

I have a flu shot appointment at the doctor's after singing on Thursday. Apparently I am home alone that night for supper since dh is off to a hockey game.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Homeschool is finally done for the day. It took us longer because of pausing in the middle of it to go check on DMom. I've given DS10 15 minutes of downtime before he goes to his piano lesson. It is a beautiful sunshiney day here so I will walk with him to the lesson and he can walk home afterward. That will give me a bit of exercise and about 30 minutes of solitude.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:52 pm

I slept most of the day and oh my - my house - how is it possible that it can look like it does.
feeling horribly out of control - no home blessing this week so far and it needs so much more than that.
I will throw some spaghetti squash in the instant pot. dd younger has a bad sore throat.
headache is on the back of burner (it's hiding but it's still there - slightly).

take care all
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm

praying for your d mom d lucy

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:59 pm

It is pouring down this morning. I made it to town and back. Took ddog with me on the 2nd trip to return a lib. Book.
Made it to stap,es and the thrift shop. Picked up groc. It was busier than I thought it would be.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Kathryn, I'm glad you're getting a flu shot - I assume your doc approved? You mentioned electricity, is yours out also?

bw2, when our power has been out things have been in such a mess by the time it comes on, good luck to you in recovering your energy and home!

Dental appt was great - they rarely get to recommend any other work on my teeth. They make up for it with dh. :lol:

I might have fatigue from GivingTuesday - all the emails and Facebook is flooded with fundraisers. We give generously so I'm not going in for it today.

I need to start cutting up butternut squash and some fruit for supper tonight soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”