Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 pm

((((Bookie)))))

Lucy~how did my desk end up at your mom's house??

I thought that was my desk! :)

genomics

I did a quick research to learn more. I am fascinated by what I have read. What an interesting field!

Homeschool Day #81 was excellent. DS10 accomplished more than usual and surprised himself. I finally read through how to teach & organized the new grammar curriculum. We did day #1 of it. I really like it but once again I experienced frustration over different curriculum using different ways of marking parts of speech and diagramming sentences. That probably wouldn't be a big deal if we weren't using multiple curricula at the same time. Oh well....it will be okay.

I made a big pot of beef hash for lunch. This is a favorite meal of everyone here.

This afternoon is DS10 band class, DGD7 care after school and church. DH has a monthly elder meeting so he has an extra 2 hours added to his normal Wednesday schedule.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:21 pm

hello d lady. how wonderful - excellent school day!
hope your d son has a great day at band!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

groceries have come
had to toss more from fridge
groceries put away.

time for lunch
dh went to the bank for me.

Next: I have a bunch of things to compost and recycle and to wash the containers from the fridge. dh was going to eat things that I was throwing away. I convinced him it wasn't a good thing. He just didn't want to go out to the grocery store for what he wanted.
dishes are still washing themselves. I don't know why they are taking so long.
I need to pull out morning routine to see what is left to do. Feeling anxiety but that is because I have fallen behind. one step at a time. 8-) ;)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:05 pm

DH suggested we go out to eat tonight - he will be away from tomorrow until Sunday afternoon, so I'm not cooking tonight.

I do need to do some home things, tho. I was surprised we were on the third page, and then realized it's 3 p.m. here. I will start at 15 after the house and go to TOTH...need to finish a.m. routine, put away Tar jay stuff, fold some laundry, still need to put away autumn stuff and finish pulling out winter decorations...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Ack, trying to pick up as I go but sigh, I now have table nearly cleared off but stacks of papers to put in varioys note books await.
I will be SO glad when at least one is done.
Have last lo ad in the dust.
Rinsed out the plastic table cloth from thanksgiving my anti p. Chore. It is drip drying on the deck. Lunch is over.
Got one holiday letter ready to mail, it will go out Sat.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm

d nancy - totally understand trying to pick up as you go.
yay on washing your tablecloth and letting it air dry

hi d twins. enjoy dinner out!
happy TOTHing

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm

I had high anxiety looking at my kitchen but I am starting to calm down as all the dishes are done and put away. compost is all outside, counters are done, stove is done, sink is clean. Another load is in the washer and and in the dryer.
surface vacuumed family room and kitchen

I have paperwork to do before I finish the routines. I have my things to make dinner.

ordered dd youngers gluten free/nut free facility oatmeal. (hard to find sometimes)
mostly made in a facility with nuts in it.

trying to be completely back on the ww routine.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm

bw2, my kitchen was a mess too. I didn't finish clean up last night, and I had several other things that required hand washing. Still need a little work to finish, but looking better. I also got the bed made, straightened up counters and kitchen table and took winter pillows to front porch. Garage is a total mess. I really want to get my car in there somehow.

I am going to go again at :15 after.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm

glad we were working together! and happy to hear that your kitchen is looking better as well! :D :D :D well done d twins.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Meatloaf just went into the oven. I forgot to make the Jell-O . Oh, well... He has had one mincemeat tart after supper ever since Saturday. I think he's had enough treats this week. Now I need to prep the potatoes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”