Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 am

The thread is open for today.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks for the open today. I was sitting here trying to think of a title and nothing was coming to mind.

I was up at 6am to open the door & welcome DGD7. She arrived with a big smile and an empty stomach. I've filled her stomach with oatmeal, blueberries, and marshmallows. She came up with that combination. At first, I thought it was weird but it is hard to deny how good it tasted.
The mini marshmallows melted in the hot oatmeal and then the frozen blueberries make it a pretty purple color and cooled everything down so she could eat it.

I'll take DGD7 to school in about 15 minutes so I need to get out of my pj's. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am

Sorry for the generic title but Weeping Wednesday was just to much of a downer for me to saddle y'all with.

I had a terrible sleep last night, probably only 3 hours in a row. I left our bed at 12:45 having never fallen asleep.

Despite the weighted blanket, dh was twitching and that was adding to my inability to fall asleep. So the weighted blanket is not a solution for us to share the bed. It also limits me to only part of the bed. Normally, we'll meet in the middle or I can put a foot over on his side. I can't do that with the blanket, and since I sleep on the left side of the bed and it is my right leg that is hurting, I need room to move my leg around from position to position.

Night before last, I found myself right on the wooden edge of the bed because I needed room for my leg. I nearly fell out of bed when I went to roll on my left side. I had remade the bed yesterday, making sure his weighted blanket and his duvet would not get on my side of the bed but I still couldn't get comfortable and fall asleep. Then his twitching started. It is more muted under the blanket but I still feel it. So I moved.

The waterbed makes any movement worse so I'm also very aware that my own tossing and turning, or even reaching to restart my audio book or podcasts will disturb dh. The advantage to the waterbed is that it is warm and fewer pressure points which are good for my arthritis so I am less stiff in it than a regular bed.

After moving to the other bed, it took another 40 minutes at least to fall asleep and then I work up at 4:30 so that means less than 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. And I was all over the queen size bed tossing and turning and trying to get comfortable.

Since dh is insistent that we not have separate bedrooms, this is just another thing adding to my feeling of despair. I feel like I'm failing him because I cannot sleep with him.

I was looking at the map surrounding ds's new house. Another reason to weep. He is half a block from the main switching yard for the trains (an active route for freight from Southern Ontario to Ottawa.) He is also next door to industrial buildings. In other words, for a night shift worker, this is a really bad choice. I'm literally sick. This explains how the house could be in his price range.

I need to eat breakfast and then get dressed. I've finished my light therapy and tea. I still have to go over the set list another time (I've asked dh to print off the lyrics for me but I don't think he has.) I'd like to practice it with the slideshow in the background so I can get a feel for what I'm supposed to be doing and to make sure the tech works. We'll be out of here by 11. It is an hour to the town for the senior's luncheon.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:59 am

Whatever the positives were to the property must have really been a draw for him, Kathryn. A sound machine like mine can do a wonderful job of masking noise and allowing sleep, plus room darkening shades are getting better and better.

Could you plan a nap for today, Kathryn?

Lady m, lately I am cutting up frozen cherries to match the wild blueberries more in size and having them together in oatmeal. They have a nice combo taste.

Hi to lucylee and thinking of her with medical stuff too.

Both Harmony and I have accompanied husbands to medical stuff today. I hope Mr harmony gets shed of that contraption.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks for opening the thread today, Kathryn. (((Kathryn))) I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.

I'm having additional challenges this week because the calico cat died Saturday night. She was born March 2000 so I keep telling myself that she definitely had a good long life.

This is only the 2nd time since 1980 that we have not had a cat in the house. Our first kitten lived 20 years. After she passed, I thought it would be a long time before we adopted another pet. However, just a few months later, the sweetest gray cat in the world was abandoned in our neighborhood and she adopted us. (I thought for a couple of months that she belonged to a neighbor and only visited us, because she looked well-fed and healthy. It wasn't until mid-winter that we realized that she was really living in our garage.) The gray cat had 4 kittens on the floor of my closet, which explained one of the reasons she was so eager to move into our house. Leapy Lee the calico cat was one of those 4 kittens.

Anyway ... checking in:
Sunday I tried to keep busy.
Monday I had to start the day by calling the new animal hospital to arrange for cremation. The people there were all very sweet and professional.
Monday at work we were absolutely swamped with post-holiday closed-for-4-days library business.

Yesterday I spent a good chunk of the day at the library as a volunteer helping a group decorate the rooms for Christmas and other winter holidays. This year by the time we're finished we will have 8 (possibly 9) trees with a variety of themes. The staff had not planned on that many, but 3 of the volunteers showed up with extra trees from community groups they belong to. :shock: :? The boss is on vacation this week so I'm interested to hear her reaction when she gets back. I must say that as a whole it does look very festive, and all the strings of lights everywhere are going to make the place much more cheerful as a lot of the winter days are gloomy and the sun goes down so early now.

Today I'm going to run errands ... eventually. I haven't had my coffee yet. Slowly making a shopping list which I am hoping to limit to only 2 stores. Also need to stop at the post office to buy stamps.

But first -- coffee! possibly with chocolate! :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:28 am

As usual I am dawdling. I must be at a body work appt in about 30 min. It's so cold out I can justify walking dMuffin when I get back, she got probably a 15 min stroll around the yard this morning already.

Bookie, I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty. We had such a good time visiting the Long Island cousins and they had a couple of kitties that I so enjoyed pampering. You will miss your sweet baby, I know.

I am also doing a few errands later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 am

((d kathryn))

wishing you, d harriet, d twins, d book, d lady and all a wonderful day.

i feel like it is Monday as I lost the last 2 days. I am feeling better which is always great. dd younger has a bad sore throat which means the dreaded COLD SEASON has hit our home. time for lysol and wipe downs on a constant basis. 8-) dh always teases me about this when I do it but I refuse to give into the cold season :D

I have lost control of my home - no Christmas up yet. I have only been able to pick up one thing at a time when I was up and put it where it belonged. No matter how yucky I felt I swore I would turn on my dishes last night. I did - shocker. dailies, home blessing and BWP went out the window so I am hoping to get my morning routine done

wishing you a good day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 am

Booksaver I am giving you cyber hugs but also am delighted that you can know about calico kitty's long and happy life with you. If I were you and the responsibility for upkeep and takeaway was kept on the shoulders of others, I would say the more trees the merrier

Dd20 reports she has done chicken chores and fed tobias. She is astonished at the rapid drop in temp we have had here. Me too. Hrh and I had to walk so far from a parking deck that we were both shaking when we got inside. The lady at reception/info said hello and he told her someone had left the air on outside and could she let them know it was cooed enough now. Brrrrr

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:02 am

Hi!

Meat is defrosting for the meatloaf. I haven't made the Jell-O yet. Helping neighbour deal with some last minute things. Taking his recycling to the end of my driveway. Taking any cleaning supplies he doesn't want. Taking jams and sauces and other things from his fridge. More on that later. While I was out there, I also had a fire in the barrel.

I would love the recipe for your supper last night Kathryn!! It sounds good!

Sorry to hear about your Dcat BookSaver.

Lucy~how did my desk end up at your mom's house??
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:26 am

No time for a proper nap today but I think I will set up the chaise lounge in the car so I can rest during the drive. I'm hoping to get to a WM on the way home because we need groceries.

Dh has conference calls this morning so there will be no rehearsal. He doesn't understand I can't wing it anymore because I can't think on my feet. Literally the brain power to stand counts as the 'one thing' I can do at a time. He has no appreciation for my fatigue level. Last time we practiced was either Sunday or Saturday. He did print out the lyrics for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”