Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 am

d harriet how was your dh's dr. appointment? hope it went well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:52 am

ordered christmas stocking stuffers from tar jey
ordered dh's t shirts
ordered dh a denim shirt
reminding dd's about their name pick gifts.
I dislike ordering but I am so behind on Christmas decorating etc. and time is important for me this year.

dd younger had said how much she wanted rachel khoo s swedish kitchen
not in US yet. so I ordered it from UK

Dh is going go the bank for me.

I have Kat today. I am so far behind. telling myself it's okay.

I dislike ordering groceries but I did it any way. - it is what it is. I am going tomorrow for dentist and errands, Friday i am gone for d aunt, Saturday I am gone for play, dinner, dd's apartment. Sunday is get the Christmas tree and we are putting St. Nicholas day Sunday the 2nd, as dd younger will be in Florida and dd will be at her apartment on December 6. Next week decorating at aunts house.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 am

I was thinking a good title for today is Warm Wednesday! I think of us as all having "warm" hearts here.

Though it is blasted cold outside. I always forget how much I hate the cold until it turns cold for the first time. It was 47° this morning and it's 58° now. I know lots of you are smiling at my gripe...because you are so much colder, but this is bad for us. I've never seen it this cold so early in the season. I hope that doesn't mean a long cold winter for us. Covering all those plants is a pain in the patoot.

By the way, spell-check doesn't recognize that word. Perfectly acceptable word. I'm just saying.

Early out to get DH's echo gram this morning. My goodness the doctor's office had the most beautiful tree decorated in their waiting room. It was about 8' high and filled with the most beautiful balls and lights. I need to get my decorations out soon here.

Of course, DH came out with his vest in his arms... but the technician said to put it back on when he got home. They aren't allowed to report on the test, but she did say if it was up to me I'd release you. So that is almost as good. It will take a couple days to come up with the real results. DH was out going to work and I asked him if he was going to put it on and he grudgingly did it for me. I told him I just couldn't lose him; where else would I find somebody to annoy me as much as he does?

So DH's new vacuum came today and he put it together. It came with just 1 battery and not 2 which is why we bought that model. So he called and they are supposed to be sending him another. We're both getting too old and frail :!: to drag the big one around. I don't know how Kathryn manages hers (same kind) as we both find it very annoying.

Got payroll taxes submitted as it is once again the end of the month. I did some work on my desk; I'd hate to have it look like Lucylee's DMom's desk (which it does sometimes).

(Booksaver) I felt bad when I read about your kitty. It always gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to read about the calico cat.

Hope HRH medical appointment turned out as good as we think DH's did.

Ok back to work. Yuck, my milk turned sour and coffee was less than ideal this morning. I see a store trip in my day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm

hi d harmony!

helia

Postby helia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Popping in to say HI! on a cold gray day here in Michigan.

Wow. So many medical appointments here today. I hope they all go well.

((Kathryn)) I wish you could do something fun for yourself today.
I loved hearing the story of Leapy Lee and her mother, BookS. I'm sorry she has passed.
I like meatloaf but never make it, CathyS. Your dinner sounds good to me! Especially on a cold fall day.
Stay warm in your cold air, Harriet.
Glad you're feeling better, blessed. Dh is encouraging me to get a flu shot. The University has clinics on campus for faculty, students, and family members of faculty. I will try to do that tomorrow.
I have a feeling LadyM has posted, but I can't scroll back that far. SO. . hello LadyM!
Hi Harmony! I like your title idea for today!

Mondays and Tuesdays are now the busiest days of my weeks, so it feels good to have them behind me. My challenge today is to not bask in that good feeling BUT to use my time today wisely. Basically, I still need to get caught up on things. I'm always trying to get caught up on things. When will I be trying to get ahead of things? LOL!

It was lovely to have all our kids home for Thanksgiving! That made my mommy heart glad. Ds flew home last night, and dd20 flew back Sunday night. But our house is still full. Two of dd23's friends/colleagues are in the middle of a 3 night stay with us that started Monday night. There's a retreat/conference here in town for their work org, and these 2 friends work at universities in other cities. They'll leave tomorrow afternoon, I believe. Then, M returns on Friday for the foreseeable future. Dh and I are going to DC Friday - Monday, so we'll see her when we return. Dh is giving a talk at a university in the area + meeting with a genomics expert, the area of one of his newer projects and start up companies. I'm going along for the ride! :)

My main goals for today:
1. Quick groc. run -- items for Th. dinner
2. Go for a jog
3. Finish the fall trimming: one garden at the end of the driveway + front bushes
4. Get a bday card in the mail to ddad -- late. I sent him a birthday email

I'm almost done with the am routine, now that it is 11:15. LOL! I'm moving super slow. The lawn guys were here to take care of our leaves. I have also done some deskwork type stuff:
- emailed Th. dinner crew
- ordered new servingware for out flatware set (we've lost some pieces)
- started my Cmas list (dd20 has set up a google doc for the entire family + C family + M + Ro, the student in dd23's group from Taiwan that is staying with us over Christmas break)

Next:
- some qt
- finalize Th. dinner groc. list
- lunch

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I am tweaking planners got new disc bound ones smaller and new to me LG. One is purple. Changing the discs. I already have.
Purging old stuff out as I go.
Broke some fingernails so will do the rest of the tweaking now as I have already ruined my manicure. Laundry is going.
Spiffed up the or zone. And a bit in the kit. As well. Got the printer dson gave us pushed to the door my office.
Desk day progress underway now.
Anti procrastination day is too.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Good morning everyone! In honor of anti-procrastination day, I have scheduled and sent invitations to my post-Christmas dinner! I did not get done all I needed/wanted to do last night, partly due to homework assigned by the insurance company and partly my own goofing off. What I did do: returned inter-library loan book, bills and budget, extreme cleaned a catbox. I need to finish crocheting and stiffening Christmas ornaments for an exchange Friday evening. MUST do tonight! They will need time to dry.

So sorry to hear about Booksaver's cat. You are right though, 18 years is a good long feline life.

Maybe Kathryn could put two twin beds in the same bedroom rather than separate bedrooms? Push them almost, but not quite, together. Use a king size comforter and no one will even realize it is not one bed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:51 pm

dearest book I am so sorry for your loss!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:59 pm

hello d elizabeth well done on doing anti procrastination items.

hello d nancy

hello d helia. it's cold here too but not gray. did you get the snow? we got 14" the other day.
I think I will follow your lead and use my time wisely as well.
i am always trying to get ahead 8-) but am still trying to catch up :shock: :lol:
glad you had a lovely time with your sweet family!

hello d harmony Yes... we are all blessed with warm hearts.... a special group of warm and caring lovely women!

hello d kathryn. wishing you a good day where you can feel rested.

hello d cathy - your meals always sound delicious

hello d twins!

I can't seem to be able to go back any farther.
but hello d lady, d harriet, d dee, d lucy, d lynn, d everyone. d kckgirl, hello anyone I am missing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:02 pm

I am trying to catch up.
dd younger is watching "love simon"
made appointments for furnace check. I am late on this one.
meds taken by myself and for the dogs
paid dh back.
pulled money for a gift card for dh to get this afternoon
froze spaghetti sauce from last night.

so far:
presents and other things ordered.
of the morning routine: emptied dishes from yesterday after noon. put on dishes from last night and this morning (washing themselves)
as I enter rooms I am doing put away a bit at a time.

Next: clean stove, counters, sink

tonight: polenta, roasted veg and goat cheese.

Return to “Post When You Can”