Fleet of Foot on Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Fleet of Foot on Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 am

Had we better get a move on today?

A homemaker is an athlete at times, gracefully multitasking. ;)

The fleet of foot, that speed of thought, to be just where you need to be.
- from the poem, The Rugby Way by James Bridgewood

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Fleet of Foot on Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 am

I'm late getting going this morning. DD had wanted me to go to Trivia with her last night but I kept doubting whether I'd go all day. Finally decided if I was that undecided that I needed to stay home. Was glad I did when I barely made it through Jeopardy before heading to bed at 8pm. Read for a little while and slept till 11. Up for a potty break and slept again till 1am. That's all she wrote. Got up at 6 for my thyroid med and may have dozed just a little. Finally got up at 8:30. I even took melatonin last night. :cry:

Need to make a w mart run today -will be the first I've been there in many weeks. Probably a couple of months at least. But there's some things I have to get there that are simply much cheaper or just available. Have any of you noticed the lack of cashiers at W mart or is it just in the areas we are in? When we went 'down home' for my class reunion this summer we stopped at the W mart in Norwich. I was totally taken aback at how many cashiers there were -and especially in a small area. Think there were at least 12 -up home and here there's generally no more than 2. We refuse to do the 'scan and go'.

Guess I need to be 'fleet of foot' and get them moving! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

A homemaker is an athlete at times, gracefully multitasking
Thank you d Harriet
I love this... I kind of saw my self as Hermes - with the little wings at my feet moving me gracefully through out my home!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 am

Oh yes, Dee, Wmart is quickly becoming a self-service thing. I don’t mind if I am only getting one or two items, but I refuse to self-check an entire cart of groceries!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:52 am

I am multitasking into a genealogist today and going to the library.

Dh is away - changed his flights but gets home late tomorrow night instead of Sunday afternoon. Funny - he leaned on me to go to Chicago for this trip with him so I could have dinner with he and a client (who wants to meet me! Eeek!) on Sat p.m. and I resisted - too close after NYC trip and I didn't care to travel up there on Friday to come home on Sunday. Well, the client called him this week to cancel dinner because she wanted to spend time with kids/grandkids, whatever? I think he guilted her into having brunch on Sat a.m. and then she can go about her other biz but I'm glad I wasn't planning to go. I've unfortunately had enough sightseeing for awhile.

Going to have breakfast smoothie then out the door.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:36 am

Good morning! I won't be fleet of foot until payroll is done! I have a desk job. Not tonight either, as I have a dinner with friends. Tomorrow will be a move about day with cat clinic setup and takedown and load/unload to/from storage. (Great exercise).

DD16 did homework and dinner at my house, i.e. the usual. She has been taken out of her Spanish class due to bad grades. She says that the state of NM has a one year foreign language requirement. You can pass a year of classes or place out by exam. She is very dyslexic, I don't know if she will be able to graduate in this state. In her senior year, she will be 18. Perhaps she could go to AL or TX where she has relatives, living with them or in an apartment. She has to graduate. With the dismal rates of graduation in this state, why do they feel the need to make it even harder?

Last night, I got the minimum necessary done: insurance homework, return videos to library, and get ornament for the exchange. There wasn't much time after DD left and chores were done, so I goofed off. No cat fights because L and T are in the MBR and B and C are in the rest of the house. B did not wake me up with yowling because I locked him in the sewing room overnight. I have not figured out why he yowls, just ways to work around it.

I have one of my least favorite Christmas songs running through my head. I had the misfortune to hear it on coworker's radio just before we got out of the car. Why oh why would some artist think that endless annoying repetitions of "ring a ling a ling ding dong ding" would make Jingle Bells into a new song? And what's with Blue Christmas anyway? The background singers sound terrible! I don't hate Christmas music, but I do hate those two.

Today, I must contact Friday's dance teacher and tell her (1) I will not make the next two classes and (2) I do not know the choreography at all and this will not help and (3) consequently, I do not want to do it in the Dec 15 performance. I do want to do the Monday class dance. It's modern jazz/hip hop, something I have never done and not really watched much of. I have no idea why it is easier for me to remember, but it is.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am

My feet have been going up and down the stairs doing laundry this morning.
I have done my planning & journaling routine.
I have a plan for dinner.
We have rain this morni g.
H took the leaves I bagged up and loaded in the truck yea they are out of here.

Dson and #1dgd both blayed rugby.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am

I smiled thinking of the rugby players (or any of lots of other athletes) somehow knowing where they'll need to be for the next play. Thinking ahead, using experience to get control of the game, but adept enough to turn and manage something new they see coming out of the corner of the eye. Yep. We do that every day, don't we?

Laundry is spinning. A healthy brunch is done. Spent some time planning on a "my day" sheet from Michael's.

Got the childrens' craft out and was further disappointed in how little of the original purchase I'll be able to turn into a less-fall, more-Christmas craft for a craft class. At this point of having to remake so much, it's tempting to start over. But dd20 has worked on her part too, and I definitely don't want to discourage her. Hoping a dollar store trip can remedy this, but can't find time to go.

HRH has an appt just 10 mins away from here this afternoon, and we can go by a bank for one errand at least. Even if he feels like doing more, I don't know if we're supposed to. We really haven't been given much info yet on whether he should be going into stores, for instance. That's a question we can ask today. His GP had said he assumed that getting out and about was okay, just not shaking hands or getting close ... .. don't know.

Elizabeth, what about a specific tutor, to get ready for a placement test? (or for that matter, to get ready for the next offered semester if that seems best?) One of those spoken-language courses on CD?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:08 pm

i have to take my aunt out for drivers test. she lives about an hour away so we will do lunch to and chit chat.
I have been sick for 2 days so I am thrilled to get out of the house.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Elizabeth...since your daughter has an IEP it can be written it that she can not meet that requirement do to her disabilities and she will be able to graduate. I can’t remember what grade she is in but her case manager should know. If she isn’t in high school yet, call the HS Special Ed or counseling dept to get the information you need. Then make sure that is included in her IEP starting now.

Once she graduates HS there are colleges and Universities that are IDP friendly. By federal law your daughter is covered by her IEP and can receive sevices till she is 21.

I have a former student who just turned 27 today. She is autistic/aspergures and just graduated a year ago with her teaching degree and has been teaching for a year. She attended community college first, graduated and then went to an online college to get her teaching degree.

Your daughter can not be discriminated against for not taking a foreign language because of her special needs.

Btw, it doesn’t matter where your daughter lives, this is a federal law so she is covered no matter what state she lives in.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”