Suddenly Saturday....

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Suddenly Saturday....

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:20 am

Suddenly Saturday...

Suddenly December....

Suddenly time to start planning in earnest, if you haven't already.

But it is always time to work your plan!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Suddenly Saturday....

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:23 am

I'm awake way too early.

I slept from 10 - 1, then 1 - 4:30 but since then I've been unable to get back to sleep. So I'm up now. I'm up so early, the hot water pot was just starting to boil, so I had to wait to start my tea. It just beeped now.

I'm babysitting this morning. I might get the last set of window lights up. I hope to wash the kitchen floor. Those are my goals for the day, as well as going to the store after babysitting. We'll go out to the pub tonight. Tomorrow's weather is awful so I'm going to try and get groceries in as well so we can hibernate.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:13 am

Kathryn, I don't know if you are realizing it, but you sound like you've turned a corner. Sometimes you see those things better looking back. Still, don't push yourself. Take naps! Take care of yourself!

I closed down the downtown library last night. I was still sitting there when they reminded me that they close at 6 p.m. on Fridays. Eek! At least I didn't have many books out, and they all went back to the same place when they reshelved them.

Dh arrives back home late tonight. I would like to get a few things done here tonight, work on my research from yesterday and pull it into my writing, and have a quiet day.

Oh, and it's 1 December. :o
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 am

I'm up but not dressed. DH and I are enjoying the strange experience of having 11 hours all alone. DS10 went with DD when she picked up DGD7 around 10pm last night, DD will bring them both back at 9am this morning as she goes to work. When I got up during the night to use the bathroom I panicked for half of a second because DS10 wasn't in his bed. The panic woke me up enough to remember where he was. We only have 3 dogs in the house. The atmosphere of our home is very calm, quiet and strange feeling this morning.

Today is the 10th day of using ET (robot vacuum). I am a bit surprised that it has been a complete success. What I don't understand though....where is ET finding all this dirt? Every single day it fills up its dirt tray. I expected the amount of dirt to grow less and less as it ran each day. Even though the wood and tile floors look clean, I keep running ET daily because it still finds enough dirt to fill up its tray. ET consistent performance is earning it job security.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am

LadyM, I'm thinking I need one. Dmuffin may be the most shedding dog we've ever had, and that is saying a lot since we had a lab and golden both at one point.

As usual I need to get moving:
-breakfast and meds
-lay out sweater to dry flat, start another load of laundry
-change clothes, wash up
-walk the ddog
-out the door
-----Lowes
-----Pansies?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 am

I am up woke early dsis texted they are ok after going to the shelter in basement bc of tornado warnings in the nite. No damage.
I am not as bruised as I thought I would be and not as sore as I thought might happen. Glad for that.
Shots in the mountains around us.
It has been raining.
Dishes are going.
Time to journal.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 am

Glad you're okay Nancy, those falls can be scary!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 am

ET does almost everything by itself but it isn't totally self-sufficient. It does take about 3 minutes of my time each day to dump the dirt tray and clear the hair from the spinning parts. With 2 humans that have long hair plus 3 dogs in the house, ET picks up a lot of hair.

I just saw a phrase that explains why ET keeps filling up its dirt tray every day. "Cleaning while children are in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos" :)

I want to go to mountains to hike today but am hesitating because we had a severe thunderstorm last night. Hiking through standing water and in the mud reduces the fun factor for me. I think I will pass on the hike and do something else.

Yesterday DS10 couldn't remember how to write a capital Y. I immediately thought it was from his mental challenges but as I thought about it more I decided no it is not. DS10 has no problems remember the gazillion of details about fortnite (game). I told DS10 that fortnite is blocked until his brain is developed enough to keep the facts he needs to know. I told him that fortnite was taking over his brain and crowding out the important details he needs to know. I don't know if this is right. I wish kids came with instruction manuals. I'm not blocking video games forever, but it astounds me that DS10 can remember all those game details but can't remember how to write a capitol Y.

But on the flip side....my Nana side keeps wondering......DS10 considers losing access to the video game as a punishment. I don't mean to be punishing him because his brain has challenges. ARGH DS10 wrote all the alphabet down and brought me the paper to prove that he can remember how to write them. ARGH
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 am

Keep wondering if one would work at DD's house. Sure dsonil wouldn't like it though.

Just finally started the December Joys & Concerns. Had to convince myself that it really is December first! :shock:

DD's busily baking cookies -this after she defeated a migraine this morning. Took her a while though, but at least it's gone.

I choked (one of those things where something simply didn't go down) badly this morning -on coffee of all things. Certainly glad I wasn't driving. It's probably the worst I've ever had. DD made waffles and sausage for breakfast. So yummy!

DD & Dsonil went to the flea market around 7:30 this morning. Think they both came back empty handed.

Told dd I'd keep the dishes done up if she wants to bake. So, I've done 2 rounds of dishes so far today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Walked the dog. The last 50 yds suddenly the rain was coming down hard! And it's slacked back off so I am heading out for a couple of errands. Also groceries. Not the best weather for it but it looks like rain most of the day. Better to get it done so I can be cocoon later.

Return to “Post When You Can”