SEEMS IT'S SUNDAY -ALREADY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SEEMS IT'S SUNDAY -ALREADY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:57 pm

I prefer my own cooking and would gladly eat food prepared by me 100% of the time if I could. Yes, I am weird. DH likes to eat out so we do eat out on a regular basis.

Church was good this morning. DS10 went home with a friend after church. I'll go pick him up in another hour. DGD7 immediately started riding her bike when we got home from church until her legs got tired. She is watching a show now.

Is it only in the south part of USA that is football crazy? Maybe other places don't experience what happened during church service when the CFP rankings were released & announced on the internet. Phones were pinging during church. :roll:

I tried timing ET this morning to see how long it goes. I started it at 7:15am. We left for church at 8:45 and it was still going. So I know it vacuumed at least 1 hour 30 minutes. ET was sitting on its' home base when we arrived home.

I am enjoying listening to Atomic Habits book. It downplays setting goals and emphasizing developing systems. The ultimate result is to establish identities that support the outcome being sought.

I think I've decided to host DH side of the family for Christmas Breakfast this year. That would be 41 people if no one brings extras. I'm going to give myself a day or two to really decide if I want to do this. The thing is....if I host DH side of the family then I feel like I should host my side of the family too. I can't do them at the same time because it would be close to 100 people and that is too big for our home. So that would mean hosting two holiday meals of about 40-50 people. hum....adults are fairly easy....little kids are a challenge to host and make sure they stay away from swimming pool and multiple dogs.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:41 pm

We are watching our team win pro football.
I enjoyed somne coffee - cocoa earlier. Yum!
Got my hair combed out.
H said he is resigned to Christmas here with kid grands if needed bc of various situations. Not a sit down dinner, maybe snackies.
Out state cfp are over thankgoodness.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:51 pm

I spent the afternoon on the recliner. Slept some of that, am further behind on the book now (although I restarted 5 chapters back when I started listening while freezing the ribs.

I've got the posters up for the party next weekend. Now to get the Facebook page updated and the mass email sent.

Then prep for my meeting tomorrow.

Ds worked today until 3:30 p.m., had 8 hours off and back to work for 11:30, will be off at 7, and back to work at 7:30 p.m. He was supposed to be back at 3:30 p.m. but found someone to take half the shift. He'll come here to sleep for about 3 hours, then we'll drive the hour to his new house, do the inspection, drive back and he'll have a couple of hours for another nap. There is no time in there for eating.

I assume his plan is to sleep here any time he has 8 hour on, 8 hour off shifts assigned once he moves. Otherwise 6 of his 8 hours will be spent in the car. Even to get to my house burns 45 minutes of his 8 hours off, leaving him with well less than 6 hours sleep in a 24 hour period. Not acceptable but this is the schedule he has. He'll be looking for work at the hospital in the town where the house is, perhaps that will solve these wild schedules.

He is normally on 12 hour night shifts, sometimes 8 - 10 days in a row. At least then, he gets 12 hours off in-between which is enough time to eat, sleep, eat, shower. But there is a new scheduling system which mixes up nights and days to 'make things fair' but seems to screw ds over completely. Apparently they'll go back to the old system sometime after Christmas and his Christmas schedule is manageable so he just has 2 more weeks of this nonsense.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 pm

I just didn't have it in me to go back to church this evening. I fell asleep with HRH. I think we are both still recovering. Thankfully I managed everything else well enough this morning to make me feel like I could let that go.

Tomorrow needs to be about printing and then making dd's ovals into stickable decorations. They are adorable. Using her full artwork for a card will just have to be postponed because there are not enough hours in the day. November's surprises really did a number on my preparedness. :(

Realized I have a conflict Tuesday a.m. with refrigerator being delivered and the meeting about the children's event at church. Since I'm going to have to show this craft well enough to leave it completely in others' hands, I can't miss the meeting. Dd will be in class and can't do it for me. HRH says just call and reschedule the delivery and I am leaning that way. I have so much to do and not enough bandwidth to do it. If we had an absolute time of delivery it would be different, but they are saying between 8 and noon.

Then Tuesday evening I need to be on my game for a budget meeting. Thankfully, I believe dd will be home then. I've done some of the groundwork for that meeting already and have it in writing, but there is more, plus the copying. So that's yet another reason not to pressure myself about the refrigerator. It is supposed to be a happy purchase, not a burden and time constraint.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm

I was just filling in the calendar for the week and realized I'm up for the car servicing since dh has a conference call (I made it in the afternoon so as to not conflict with his scheduled weekly calls.) He has 4 hours of treadmill tests this week plus an echo cardiogram. I'm out all Monday afternoon. Friday is currently open for me but dd has a doctor's appointment and it would be helpful if I could babysit. We'll see. I think she has another car rental for that and plans on driving dgs to his Daddy at work (and they'll go to the mall across the street to play for the time of the appointment.)

Anyway, I'm tired just looking at the schedule. Physically, I'm getting better but fatigue is still a huge problem for me.

Off to bed now. Late. Will skip exercises in order to get a bit extra sleep since I have to be up by 7 in order to greet ds.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 am

One minister I know joked the good thing was New Year's Eve always on a Saturday night. The bad thing was he always had to work New Year's Day!

Hah! Now we know why our minister was LATE to church this morning. For the second time in probably the last six months. Hmmmm....
First time, he said it was b/c of heavy antihistamines and allergy trouble.
This time, he said his son was charging HIS tablet and preacher's phone (alarm) didn't get charged.
Again... Hmmmm...
DH and I have never known a preacher to be late to a Sunday morning service in either of our lifetimes. This one has shown up late twice in six weeks???
Hmmmm....

Anyway -- it is sooooo good to see Kathryn sounding soooo much better.

Busy day... busy day tomorrow... I am like a zombie... BUT... I have hopes that Tuesday will be a recuperation day for me.

Waving to ALL. Thank you all for thinking of me and my dmom during this incredibly stressful time. I am anxious to hear what the home health nurse says tomorrow. She promised to call me after she evaluates dmom.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”