SEEMS IT'S SUNDAY -ALREADY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SEEMS IT'S SUNDAY -ALREADY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 am

Already we're well into the final month of 2018 -what do you have to complete this month -are you making a list and checking it twice?

Happy Hanukkah, Twins. Is that appropriate -I don't think I even know. Just know this is the first day of Hanukkah. Guess I need to learn more (or remember) about Jewish holidays.

Need to finish getting ready for church. Spent a good hour going through all of dd's cards to see if we had wedding cards before buying any. Spent enough time that I know that it's a good project for me one day -sorting through all those cards. Dsonil brought home a ton of cards from his Mom's last spring and I really need to go through them all. Some were very appropriate for our grandchildren, dd's sister's-in-law.

Off I go....poof for now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SEEMS IT'S SUNDAY -ALREADY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am

Happy New Year to the Christian SHEs. The first Sunday of Advent is the beginning of the church year. One minister I know joked the good thing was New Year's Eve always on a Saturday night. The bad thing was he always had to work New Year's Day!

I'm up. Slept in with dh last night. We woke at 1 (not unusual) and did pee breaks then. I pulled out my Advil for the 5ish time when my hip would wake me up so I wasn't rattling pills then.

At 4, the east wind banging furniture or a screen door back and forth on a balcony near our bedroom woke us up. I couldn't get back to sleep on my own so put on my audio book. That took care of the noise but I'm don't know why the main character is dogsitting, what the relationship of the suspect was to the dead body and I'm sure I've missed other things that I don't know either. On the other hand, I'm fully aware there was storm, her oak tree came down, the electricity is out and I think the dog may belong to the police detective but I'm not sure. So listening to audio books in order to sleep isn't productive but it did allow me to sleep.

I woke up again just before 7, five chapters into the book, and without hip pain. So that is very good.

Dh has now left for a day of movies. He's taken the bus since there's an ice storm today. I'm to make up a list of things for him to get from the bulk food store after the movie (same mall) so I need to get my act together on that.

I have printed off my HGP grocery lists.

I've also added my weekly spread for next week in my planner and written up a list of things for me to do today. It is too long a list.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 am

Happy Hanukkah. Hope it is a meaningful one for your family, Twins', a celebration of miracles.

So glad it has warmed a little here so that I can wear one of the few tops I have that looks seasonal. Maybe I'll get a chance to wear it one more time before the end of the year.

I am using the germ- X ;) and leading singing at church today. We have 4 musicians and 3 singers today as our flautist/flutist joins us for Advent and we also have bass, tenor and me. I am not doing close-quarters things there, which is why I came home after rehearsal. Feeling a few pangs of being "left out" of the decorating time yesterday, but it is what it is. Others did a great job - many completely different ideas.

Dd is working on the children's craft and her own extensive school projects here at home, knowing she's not letting anyone down music-wise. It's great that she can have a break such as yesterday but she "pays for it", especially in this demanding computer science course this semester. Thankfully next semester is calmer. Over her shoulder, I see the wonderful little carolers she has designed as she adds more color. Trying not to breathe right now, though, so that I don't bother her! She's going to add an oval around each so that they are easy to work with for the children.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am

From last night:

LadyMaverick wrote:Kathryn - I enjoyed reading your DD review. Your DD puts more consideration & thought into her roomba than I do.

Dd puts more consideration and thought into everything. Thus she is paralysed with fear she'll make poor decisions/plans.

She is currently looking at a car that is so small it is questionable her infant seat will fit into it with enough room for dsil's legs in the front seat (he won't be able to drive because the driver's seat won't be able to go back far enough.) I emailed her a warning last night. Even if everyone can be crammed in, there will be no room for a stroller or groceries. Or items needed for a short vacation. What is the point of owning a car if you still have to rent a car to go away on holiday? This car is designed for a commuter, not for a family. Even the manufacturer says that infant seats may fit but they don't put anchor points in the back seat because most will not. So you have to use the belt only.

Her brain latched onto the idea that taking over a lease is the most important part but only if it costs under $300 per month. This is the car that is currently available that fits those criteria but it is not practical. If she objected to a Volkswagon Beetle from the rental company for a 5 day, around-town rental, she will be very unhappy leasing this Nissan Micra.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: SUNDAY - ALREADY

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:06 am

Good morning I was up by six went to bed early (9:00) bc My foot was hurting. We were both crabby as well. I have done planning journaling done, & s2s. I have my had breakfast. We went to see the lights last night, and had dinner out my burger was more done than I like. :roll:

I have done 30 min. On the stat bike.
Game day our team is on in a bit.
We talked through a couple of issues that helped.
Rounded up turkey & chicken meat we had frozen up for sandwiches.

HAPPY HANUKAH to those who celebrate it.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 am

I was still lying awake at 11:30. Dh got in at 12:30 or so and I got up to speak to him, and went back to sleep. It was nice to sleep in this a.m. and I woke up to beautiful weather. High will be around 70 and it is sunny and gorgeous after yesterday's all day rain.

I wonder about a Roomba here - we do have lots of rugs, DR, gr room, under breakfast table, plus chair legs and bar stools. Yet the dog fur here is amazing, even when the dog girl is brushed.

Dh got up this morning and went to have breakfast and see dfriends new house. So the morning is quiet so far.

I don't know what we're doing tonight, whether dkids will be here for dinner or not, or whether we'll do some Hanukkah festivities. Really, it's not a big holiday at all, so mostly lighting candles here. There is a dinner at the JCC tonight but I stopped going once the kids were older - it's jam packed into a not big enough space and not really enjoyable for me. Friday night at temple will also be jam packed into a not big enough space too but I enjoy it more, and can get out when I need to.

Going to work on a.m. routine next and have breakfast and all...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

I assume kids will come tonight for dinner - we had enough of each other in NY that they didn't come last Sunday night, and it is the first night of Hanukkah.

The fact is, I just don't want to cook. I don't know what's come over me as I've gotten older I've enjoyed cooking less. It seems such a bother and I feel it's such a chore that I do alone most of the time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm

HAPPY HANUKAH DEAREST TWINS!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Twins: I'm the reverse. In general, I enjoy cooking more than I did before. Of course, more is a relative term. I used to cook about 25% of the time (dh 50%, out 25%) but just because I had to. I enjoy the creativity it offers me now that I only have to accommodate 2 people's tastes, not 4.

I've started ribs for dinner for dh in slow cooker. I'll have a lasagna because ribs are too fatty for me. I do eat fatty food but I had just come to like them, then had the gall bladder problems which they were a trigger of, so now they have a bad connotation in my head. I froze up the remainder of the ribs in single serving packages. I'm cooking up 2 - 3 servings and I'll get dh to freeze the extra and some night we need a quick dinner, he can pull that out, defrost and cook up rice.

I washed up the morning dishes and emptied the dishwasher from last night. I've eaten my lunch and am now so tired, I think I'll have a nap.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm

What a quiet day in the village! We're all going about holiday prep and busy with our families.

Strangely, it is 71 degrees here today. I planted a flat of pansies, except for maybe five of the darlings. I'll see if I can find another pot in the garage tomorrow for those. I dragged the remains of the zinnias and basil and tomatoes to the edge of our drop off and returned them to nature. I had zinnias blooming down there this summer from last year's remains. Also the geraniums, asparagus fern and stuff from front porch out, and cleaned up around the steps and got pansies there and on the back patio. Poor guys were so rain soaked soggy they don't need watering right now.

Dh is making latkes for tonight, I'll do chicken and a salad.

I need a shower at this point.

Return to “Post When You Can”