Moving Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Moving Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 pm

I saw it when I was young with Yul Brynner
Me too, Lucy, though I'm betting I was much older than you. This is a stage musical & I'm looking forward to it. It's been many a year since I've seen one of those.

Mystery of the morning: did go for a very short walk after putting mail in the mailbox. Noticed an envelope upside down in the ditch across the street. Decided to step down and get it. Said "thank you" on the back. It was addressed to a woman/girl down the street a bit so have no idea how it got in the ditch here. Postmarked Tampa, Nov 28th. Put it in our mailbox for the postman to pick up. Guess I could have walked it down but didn't feel like going very far yet. I actually went in on the bed for a short snooze after my last post so have done nothing other than that walk.

Okay, blessed, no procrastinating: Going to do my exercises: NOW! Just counted and out of the last 18 days I've only done this cardiac rehab exercises 11 times. Not a great record, knowing that they're so good for me! Off I go! Going to try to string 5 days in a row! (Hold me to it, Blessed).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:13 pm

I have not CUOPed and can't believe it's past 1 p.m. I forgot to set my alarm last night and it was almost 9 when I woke up. I think that the subtle little sound of a Facebook message from dfriend M actually woke me because we were planning to walk at 9:30. We rescheduled until 10 and I had quick breakfast smoothie and walked ddog and was ready a little before 10 a.m.

I now have 9500 steps for the day and we got to talk and catch up. Dd was here when I got home and she was wound up. She needed packing tape so I gave her a roll with a little left on it and told her to keep it. She was wound up because the postal service tried to deliver a package to temple on Saturday and it said no one was there - of course there were people there on Sat a.m., and then they tried to deliver a package to her apartment on Sunday and they didn't leave it. So she was on her phone on hold trying to call. I got online and used package tracking to show her that they would try to redeliver today, so that helped. The packages are for the temple Hanukkah party on Friday night. The boots I ordered for her for Hanukkah mostly fit but were tight across the arch because she has a high arch and it took forever for her to decide to keep them. I think they will stretch out some, and wearing thinner socks/tights will help. So nothing got done when I got home from walking.

And last night, after the Hanukkah dinner here, I found my dishwasher had water leaking out of the bottom of it. I think I should probably start it to see if the pump moves it out but I'm a little afraid to. Will try that, will lots of towels handy, in a few minutes.

Right now I want to CUOP, and check the blogs that I like to read in the a.m. and then will get busy...kitchen is still something of a mess from last night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Blessed - POTB for using the timer and getting things done!

I am feeling overwhelmed and pulled in different directions. Multiple people wanting things from me and there is only one of me to respond. Right now I'm ignoring my text messages because I don't want to make decisions about things that are being asked of me.

Homeschool went well this morning. A few rough bumps but we worked through them.

DMIL dropped by and stayed for an hour this morning. ARGH. I adore her and would love to just sit and talk......but that means homeschool is not being done. After sitting with her for 30+ minutes, I did send DS10 to practice piano for 15 minutes while she was here. I know people are more important than schedules so i try to relax without stressing. I try....but I'm not totally successful.

DD called to talk about her marriage. There is a small glimmer of hope. I watch my words very carefully when I talk to DD. I reminded her that all marriages go through hard times and it is not a reason to quit. DD & DSIL first year of marriage included a month sty in ICU at death door and then having the IRS come after them for $$$$$ owed on back taxes. Either one of these life events would put a huge strain on a marriage. They need some time to experience regular life in their marriage. DD seems to easily change jobs and relationships without much thought. If anything isn't to her liking then she drops it and moves on to new. It seems there is always another job or new relationship queued up. DD and I are polar opposites in so many fundamental ways.

I'm working on the details of the Christmas candy, nut, & fruit bags to be handed out next Sunday. I told DH that we are not going to do these bags by ourselves this year. It takes about 20 hours of hands-on back breaking (wo)man hours to do. So the plan is to do the 400 bags at the Wednesday night church service. Many hands make light work is the theory we are going to try to implement. This will either work well or be a complete disaster.

I need to get the children church literature ordered. I am late getting this done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

I think having help on Wednesday evening is a great idea LadyM. It gives others a chance to do a mitzvah! (good deed!)

If I am friends with you on Facebook be sure to check out the "portrait" of Muffin that dh commissioned for me for Hanukkah. It's not very big, maybe 12 x 12 but I think the artist (a friend and member of our synagogue) captured her sweet face so well.

Trying to figure out where to start now. I don't feel particularly energetic after that long walk this morning, but I think I will set timer and do some units of 45 min with a 15 min break, beginning at the BOTH. I am going to turn on the dishwasher also and monitor it for leaks. :roll:

I bet two rounds of work will get me into much better shape here, and then I can figure out the rest of the day. Dh bowls tonight, and I have left over chicken for my supper.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I have swept driveway, emptied trash, raked front yard, bagged up leaves and loaded them up.
Have broth thawed & ready for soup for dinner with crorn bread muffins. dded veg to the soup.
I suffered the dining room and hallway. Spiffed up the living room.
I vacuumed upstairs slowly trying to get my routines back.
Got the bathrooms cleaned.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Posting from the house inspection. These guys are very good. I'd recommend them to people in the future.

We're 90 minutes into it and the 'problems' are mounting. None are insurmountable but will cost $$$. The biggest issue is venting issues with both the furnace and hot water tank. And repairs will be expensive since they will be to new standards.

There's also a possible issue with an external wall.

The basement hot tub was expected to be the problem and is completely trouble free. No moisture issues, no power issues. There's a panel to plug in a generator so that is a bonus. Apparently it is 85 degrees right next to the hot tub so it is doing a great job of heating the basement!

The house is lovely, decent layout, move in ready (except for the furnace venting but the carbon monoxide reading does not show a problem.

The trains are not an issue. They are frequent but the rumble is not disruptive at all. There is some squealing since there is a curve but I only notice it in the kitchen.

The HVAC company next door seems quiet as well.

The lot is awful - small, no trees and fully exposed to neighbours. There is little to no room for a garage.

The house is affordable, though. So I don't know what ds will decide to do.

The drive here was easy but the snow has started again.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi!

Kathryn eventually he will get so used to the noise of the train that he won't notice it at all! I rarely hear the train just to the north of us.

Supper tonight is leftover goulash from last night. As far as I am concerned, it's leftover pasta and meat sauce. The ingredients are the exact same.

Dishwasher is going. All clothes from the weekend are now out of the dryer. I discovered that some of the clothes I've been buying this year look much better if they get pressed by that plug in appliance that fits in your hand.

Christmas tree is up, no decorations on it yet.

Some wrapped gifts are now under the undecorated tree.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 pm

So far so good on the dishwasher. I suspect that somehow when we use the disposal sometimes it backs up into the dishwasher and that's where water came from. There was enough water that it was dripping out the door so I know it was recent, not left in the dishwasher from the day before. I suspect we still have the stink but perhaps now I know where it is coming from?

I managed to clean up the kitchen mostly (left a few things to go in the next dishwasher load), make up the bed and straighten up the bedroom and .....

--------------

This is where I stopped earlier and started working again. Things are going well. Noticed that when dishwasher drained the kitchen sink (where the disposal is) filled up just a bit, then emptied so I do think there is a drain issue. I'm going to try the vinegar in the dishwasher next to see if that takes care of the odor, just in case I have resolved the drain issue.

I haven't done a lot of weeklies - purge the refrigerator is on that list so I did so, and wiped out several shelves and drawers of the refrigerator. I did not do the two produce drawers, might go back and do that. I also got the timer programed (I hope) for the menorah on the front porch. Was telling dfriend M today that I go between two sides like a pendulum - one is reminding myself that Hanukkah is not the "Jewish Christmas" and that decorating a lot for Hanukkah makes it seem so and is inauthentic, and the other side wanting to do something to decorate to keep up with the neighbors showy Christmas lights. Our rabbi has an inflatable dreidle in his yard - I bet that's a first for that area!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:28 pm

I am going one more round. Now that I have some momentum built I'll do some garage things... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm

I made a difference in the garage, not enough but it's a start. Getting dh's stuff for his work party and the dresser out of there will go a long way - the party is Thursday so that's near. DD wants me to come over to her apartment and tell her whether I think the dresser will fit into her bedroom, and I didn't want to be the "decider." Dfriend M offered to go with me and help us decide this week, so it can either go to her or upstairs (heaven forbid.) I even made dd a template the footprint of the dresser so she could look at that but she won't make a decision.

While working in the garage I made a list - I have books to go to library for their sale, a bowl to return to a favorite restaurant (he brings it full of salad at Rosh Hashana every year), computers to go to a guy who destroys hard drives and recycles, and goodwill. So I need to follow through on that.

Going to walk dMuffin, and maybe take dh's shirts to cleaners - they are open until 7 p.m. He had asked me to do it while he was away, and I said it would but to please write me a note. Of course he didn't, and I didn't think about it again until Sat afternoon when the cleaners was closed.

Return to “Post When You Can”