Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi kckgirl. Sorry you have bad knees. And steps to navigate.

I did something important today, and wasn't thinking it was anti procrastination, but since I've put off taking care of this, I'm claiming it! One of our cordless phones has been missing 2-3 weeks. We have 4 of them. One in my bedroom so I'll have it during the night, 1 in DH room, one at my desk and one in the kitchen. We use every one of those and they get carried around and left in odd places with our busy lives.

1 went missing. Another went missing somewhere today. I managed to find that one. So today I combed through the shop, the garage, the whole house in drawers, pulled all the chair/couch cushions out and looked underneath every bed, dresser, chair, etc etc etc. I found one between the love seat cushions. Remember the love seat I wanted to get rid of because those cushions skoosch out every time someone sits there? Yeah. I found the one from today somewhere. So now we're back to 4!

You wouldn't think something little like this would matter but our phone rings 50 times a day and I have no sense of direction with hearing loss uneven in my ears... and my cell phone problem is even worse...

Wrote a letter, signed a card and wrapped a tiny little gift, packaged to send out and went to post office. Well, guess what? Post offices are closed today because of the funeral in Washington. All of us standing around in the lobby saying "what's going on" :o and then the automated machine is out of service!

I am determined to get a better mood and move on from recent irritations. Yesterday I went out and bought a sandwich and ate in the parking lot. Just had to get out of the house. Got groceries and came home and cooked a nice dinner.

Watching the snow pictures. We started out in the 80's but now 66 and supposed to go all the way to 20! :shock: I don't remember it falling this fast so quickly. I will be covering plants this evening.

Harriet, I'd have done just what you did with the refrigerator! We once had one delivered with a scratch on the side and we never got a thing for it, even though the delivery guy called it in. I'm thinking I should have complained!

LadyM, we appreciate you! There are two sayings: "If you want something done, ask a busy person". I like this one better: "NO!is a complete sentence".

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:17 pm

LadyM, I think you focus on the band's improvement! And just keep saying no!

kckgirl, I think my dmom and bro used to pitch the laundry down the stairwell and then use a basket with a rope to bring it back up? I don't think these were very big loads, tho.

I did that round and am taking a break. Why did it take so long to put those curtains up, and why I am so resistant to straightening that area up?

I am suggesting we eat out tonight, I'm hoping we can go to the restaurant across town and return the huge salad bowl that is in my garage. :lol: And that won't require hand washing in the kitchen either.

-15 more min of filing or paper taming
-uninstall evernote, reinstall and try again to export notes
-fold lol in dryer and put away
-do just one shelf of kitchen cabinet with vases - what a mess!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Waving to y'all...

My stomach has not cooperated with me for the past several days. The meds that did help were going to cost me $156.00 a month and that's with insurance. I said no to that and am looking for something else to use. In the meantime I am doubling up on my old meds..not perfect but it helps. If I wasn't on Medicare or any other gov't program, I could get the meds for $20 a month...that doesn't sit well with me. I've tried several other discount drug cards that I have but even with those the cost would be $207.00. Not gonna happen. Was suppose to see my doc on Friday but she will be out so I rescheduled with her for this coming Monday.

Enjoyed watching the President's funeral this morning. Great eulogies were given. A little frosty with all the presidents sitting together, but perhaps they all learned something form listening to others speak, Kathryn your former PM was magnificent with his words. He and President Bush 41 were best friends for many years and their families were as well. BTW, I'm glad to see you're feeling better as well.

LadyM.. Good for you for saying NO and sticking to it. And I know your heart must hurt for your dgs23,

Twin's I've been down the rabbit hole for several days now. Sweeties sister was asking about her mother's side of the family. She has been battling cancer for a while so I decided to look into her mom's side hoping it would give her something to look forward too. Sweeties father started doing his side of the family in 1985, before computers. His last name is Clark so its very common. The family hails from Scottland and Sweeties dad produce a huge notebook filled with information. He was able to trace his family back to the 1500' and on a whim Sweetie and I decided to check how accurate his dad's information was. Everything turned out just as he recorded it. Most impressive!

I discovered that Sweeties' 6th G-Father was charged with murdering his old mother. Quite a story for 1702. Seems she was sitting by her hearth and was found burned to death the next morning. Possible reason was an ember popped our of the hearth, landed on her, and that caused the fire. However the neighbors complained about years of domestic abuse occurring within the household so the courts found the son guilty and hung him. This same family also has direct family ties to Lizzie Borden

So beware when searching for past family members....One never know what skeletons hide in our family closets.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:40 pm

I've done the first parts of a kitchen reorganization project, trying to make the layout and cupboards more efficient.
Putting that project on Pause now to move on to gathering trash and recycling so I can get it all out to the bins before dark.

Harriet ~ I think you made the right decision on the refrigerator. As long as the dent doesn't affect how the thing functions, and it isn't a scratch that will develop rust, then feel free to cover it with a magnet and/or artwork and never think of it again.

LadyMaverick ~ You are wise to turn down the extra volunteer project. You are doing enough, especially with the full-time care of children. Good grief, you're spending days cooking a meal for 100 people! If the project meant that much to the other person, she would do it herself.

Kckgirl ~ Good job on the laundry!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm

LadyM, maybe, maybe he didn't think it made any difference if he walked on in the direction he planned, because he didn't know you were turning around. But really had caught on to the message you tried to send - recognized your voice or thought he recognized the car when he turned around, and the message got through that you were trying to "speak" to him. Possibly you are on his mind, then - you never know.

Ramblin' I hope you find a lot of good info for your sweetie's family. And what a story to have uncovered in a different direction! Hoping the meds puzzle can be worked out somehow.

I've done the first parts of a kitchen reorganization project, trying to make the layout and cupboards more efficient.

Now please come over to my house and consult, BookSaver.

My late dh's first cousin has died - the only one left whom I really know. He had a handicapped leg from birth, had never married, lived alone, still working as a night watchman, but transitioning over to just caring for the remaining two aunts (in other words, my dfirstmil's younger sisters), who are still driving short distances but around 90 years old each. He didn't show up when they expected. They got into their car together ( :cry: ) and drove to knock on his door but got no answer. They called the police who came to the porch with them :cry: and got through the door and found him dead. He had many "furbabies" he talked about all the time. The police have called the local shelter folks to come and take possession of the cats at least and maybe a dog until they can be adopted. HRH says we should donate to the shelter, but are waiting to hear about arrangements/needs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm home. No grocery shopping on the way, as it was it was dark by the time I got home and I was having trouble driving (not to mention it was rush hour and it still hasn't stopped snowing so it is greasy and the snow is hiding ice.)

So those sales will go unclaimed. And dh has nothing for his dinner tonight (I was to pick up chicken thighs at Costco but couldn't buy them while I was in the store because there were still hours until the car would be done. Then, the car was done too late for me to do anything but drive straight home.

Dh had offered to take an Uber over but at that time of night the surcharge would have been huge PLUS it would make a waste of me spending hours there. I could have had them drop me at home (they'll drop in one direction but not pick you up to bring you back.)

I'm still upset that I spent 5% of the cost of a new car on maintenance AND won't be able to buy the new car next year when I was planning on buying one. My only hope will be someone has a used one for sale. But I like owning a car from the get go since I know all the maintenance was done on it. On the other hand, I've never had anything fail on my Pris. The first was bought used and out of warranty and only had scheduled maintenance done to it, which is the same as this one we bought new.

The car has over 85K miles and has never had anything break on it. It eats headlamps (once every 3 months or so) but aside from that and a rattle in the cupholder, it is flawless. But it is getting old and we hear more road noise. Plus we'd like the lane assist and adaptive cruise control, features ours doesn't have. New models have it but only expensive brands or high end cars had it when this car was bought. It wasn't offered on the Prius which is considered a low-end vehicle.

kckgirl

Postby kckgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas! Usually I pull the basket down and use it to steady myself on the way back up. This time, I just had too much and didn't want to have to make two trips down and up. DGS picked it all up and carried it down in one go. Heading down now to get the last load out of the dryer!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Oh my goodness, technical woes. Still not sure what the issue with Evernote was, but there appears to be an export file of appropriate size saved so I'm not sure what the issue was. Now I'm attempting to solve my iCloud issue...

Need to walk ddog and leave in a few, however...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

kckgirl

Postby kckgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Laundry is officially washed, dried, folded, and put away!

Twins Mom, I have the Evernote app but haven't yet tried it. What do you do with it?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Dinner is done and the dishwasher is running. Dh will do up the hand dishes later.

I think I might go to bed. I'm exhausted and not functioning well.

The dealer emptied out the back of the car for the servicing but failed to put back my towel. It is used to wipe down the car when we return back to the garage on wet days. Running a towel over the windows and backup camera keeps the car looking clean much longer. The car was washed at the dealer but I came home in the slush and snow so wanted to wipe it down and noted my towel was missing. Yes, it was old and shredding but it had a purpose and now it is gone.

Oh, and the new wipers are no better than the old ones.

And I returned the wrong bottle of Omega 3 to Costco so have to 1) return the correct bottle and 2) repurchase the other ones. Dh was trying to be helpful, putting the wrong ones away in the cupboard with the right one's but it worked out badly for me because I pulled the wrong ones out when I was loading up my tasks for the day. I'm so tired of doing Costco runs that I'm literally in tears over this (but can't put this off too long because we are getting short of those and won't have enough the next time we have to refill our vitamin dispensers.)

Anyway since I'm so tired and discouraged, I'm off to bed now.

Return to “Post When You Can”