Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 am

What has been OMM for a while that you can do today and be done? What tasks wake you up at night remembering that "I meant to do that today"?

Wednesday is traditionally anti procrastination day.

Identify and Do!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 am

I am trying to figure out why my energy has been so good lately. Is it because I've taken a little break from genealogy? Isn't it weird how inexplicable personal energy can be? Its up or down, sometimes I know why, sometimes it just feels like a mystery.

Some anti procrastination tasks I can hit today:
-try gluing wood mirror back together (it goes in powder room, fell last week when I bumped it and the wood broke. Not valuable or even super attractive, but a reminder of good friends)
-in my bathroom, plastic caddy on inside of cabinet door for face products (instead of leaving on counter!)
-kitchen cabinet with vases, big bowls and jars - sort it all out, get rid of excess
-filing
-upstairs in office, hang curtains and straighten up

That would be a huge achievement, not sure if I'll try for all but I'm giving myself some choices.

I have been taking a break from my portfolio work but will need to get back soon. Things are pretty quiet here until the middle of Jan when I go to Salt Lake City.

Now:
-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-kitchen clean up

Kitchen clean up is a big one. I didn't do much clean up last night - I was just t.i.r.e.d and it was late and I still haven't emptied the dishwasher and washed up what's inside. I may not at this point since repair guy comes tomorrow. I'm worried now that I'll need a plumber instead of the dishwasher repair guy.

Dh took the repair kit for the toilet handle and installed last night. Happy dance!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:48 am

do i have to list how many procrastinations i have 8-) :D 8-) ?

waving at u dear twins
i have to leave soon but wanted to say hi :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 am

Twins: glad you got the toilet repaired. My music friend had her house flood because of her toilet. It wouldn't stop running unless you jiggled the handle just so. One day either she or her husband (likely her since he leaves early) failed to do so. The toilet overflowed for 10 hours, flooding her bathroom, under the wall into the hall, down through the walls a bit into her music room and then down into the basement, thankfully the unfinished portion.

Her dh is in house construction but has heart issues and is worn out and hasn't been maintaining the house. A sign of how gone he is, after the flood, he decided to replace the toilet rather than fix the problem. So he made way more work for himself.

Here we had a toilet leak (the valve leading into the toilet) and it probably leaked for 8 hours. No damage to my unit (no water, in fact, in my unit, it went into the wall and then the ceiling of the bathroom below and they discovered it when they went to get ready for bed.) The unit below was all repaired by the landlord. Our toilet was fixed within 40 minutes of the problem discovered because there is a super to do such things, on call 24/7.

My music friend is starting to think she needs to move into a rental since her own husband can't maintain their home.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:08 am

I'm up and had done light therapy, breakfast and s2s, including hair dried, by 9.

I got the floors mopped. Dh had an early conference call I wasn't expecting so hasn't eaten breakfast yet. He could have ended that at 9:30 but I was just about to start mopping and I didn't want him to make a mess of the vacuumed floor. So now he's started his 10 (and then 11) calls without having had breakfast. I asked and he said the call would run about an hour and so it wasn't like I was ready to mop at the expected end of the call. He changed both the routine (call at 10) and then the length of the call, messing with my plans to get the floor done by 10.

I'm pretty wiped now so taking a break. I see snow has started again but at this point it is flurries, not accumulating. But that reminds me I have balcony work to do. I need to leave here by 11:45 to take the car in for a major maintenance. That will take at least 2 hours but is next to a couple of shops and a place I can have lunch so I should be able to run at least 1 errand during the servicing.

Then I hope to run a couple of more errands on the way home and then nap. I have no idea what we'll have for dinner so I should probably figure that out too. It should be something homemade since we had restaurant food on Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 am

I woke up early this morning feeling fully rested. I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be.

DD came this morning and took DGD7 to school. DD arrived late so I already had DGD7 dressed and fed breakfast.

Homeschool is in progress. All the Math & technology curriculums have been completed. Working on the English and music curriculums now.

Skippable!
The beans didn't freeze last night even though it was 20 degrees when we brought them in from outdoors. They have been bagged into gallon ziplock bags for transportation later today. Those 8 lbs of dry beans made 4 gallons of cooked beans. The 12 lbs of dry beans soaked overnight and are cooking now. The 22 quart roaster is full to the very top. I started them cooking at 7am so hopefully, they will be done at noon.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Woke up early sinus ear issue.
Washer twins are going now.
Had breakfast.
Journaling & planning done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Did the balcony adjustment (added bows to our garden sculpture of cranes and adjusted the display of firs.)

Went to pick up our parcel (Amazon and Canada Post claim it was delivered yesterday afternoon at 4 p.m. but there's no parcel locker key in our mail box.)

Remembered to fill in the paperwork for ds for his mortgage. Have put it and his sunglasses by the door.

I'll head down to our locker now with the extra box of decorations and the fall wreath.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Aaaagh! I love my dd but when she drops in she helps waste my time. We're working on a menorah idea for her for the contest. I told her that something clever and easy was the way to go, she doesn't have time for a lot of crafting. Meanwhile, someone else has thought of the S'more Hanukkah idea but I'm going ahead with mine anyway. :roll:

Now...
-walk the dog
-s2s
-make the bed
-finish kitchen clean up (and the stuff we pulled out too :shock: :shock: :shock: )

I did do some kitchen clean up while she was here, and also gathered all the trash and recycling in the office upstairs and jettisoned it over the balcony.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:47 pm

If I am ever going to post I need to just do it. I haven't been able to read Tuesday PWYC yet. I have started a few sentences of posts at different times only to be interrupted.

Several days of overwhelm.
Monday worked hard on getting everything ready for the 10:00 a.m. Tuesday meeting to prepare for the big children's event.

Tuesady morning attended that meeting. Ended up with more work to do, but it's okay. I know how to do it fast.

Midday Tuesday worked on getting ready for Tuesday evening budget meeting. Fielded phone calls with specific requests of info for me to gather.

Tuesday evening meeting - I was ready I believe. The only questions I couldn't answer were just not that important and would be in each person's email inbox in the past if they cared enough to look when they got home. I brought 4 pages of info for everyone, with plenty left over since I didn't know how many would attend. Good explanations on each. I got off easy with only one hour of attendance. The others probably stayed 2.5.

Late evening and early morning today spent on getting ready for refrigerator delivery which is now done. I need to eat. As fridge cools I can bring things back from porch and coolers.

Oddity and question - installers showed me door dents that frankly didn't look like much to me. The previous fridge would have had children's art at those spots 364 out of 365 days each year, possibly more, and I don't own a magnet so small that it wouldn't cover one. They got on the phone with their supervisor who offered me 20 percent off the cost of my fridge if I declined the replacement of doors (two french-open doors at top), or I could have the doors replaced with no cost. I remembered the sticker shock of appliance shopping and chose the 20 percent off - do you think I was wise? :?: HRH says the only thing that bothers him is that he was thinking of me - thinking I was going to have something that was new and perfect for once, and now we start out with something already wrong. I have 30 days to change my mind, they tell me. As long as the through-the-door water and ice still works correctly during these 30 days, I imagine I will stick with my decision, but I do wonder.

Return to “Post When You Can”