Friday with Friends PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday with Friends PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Harmony, I am capable of doing the sewing my dd has discussed IF... ..
If no other big things are happening in the house
If I have room to spread out onto tables that won't mess up family traffic/hospitality
If I feel calm with no stress going on at the time
If there is no other sewing that will be on my mind, that I was already hoping to do.
So... .. in a way, even though I probably have the ability that's needed, I'm not really capable after all.

Ken in Canada, good save.

HRH watched over this other brother's shoulder and has WAY more confidence that our heating/air will be done right now. They have to come back tomorrow. (Gee, I hope they do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it!)

Dsecondmil is convinced we are all going to lose power and it's going to be a dreadful storm, etc., etc., etc. She was on the phone with me this evening worrying. I don't think it's going to be THAT bad. It looks as though we'll be in a tight freeze/thaw cycle while soaked, however, which doesn't bode well for roads. LadyM, I hope you will all be safe at this strange-forecast time for your area. (Sadie, too!) Twins' may have some problems - don't know. My ddil is in her direction at a nurses' meeting but will actually be home before the storm, I think.

Atlantic Flyer, happy belated birthday!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:06 pm

I keep looking at our forecast but nothing in the next week. Of course, that probably means we'll get something, but for now it is clear (as in no warnings, our beautiful clear day tomorrow has disappeared into a cloudy day so we won't have much of a view for the party.)

Dh is back. I peeled the potatoes for him.

I also realized he planned (on my instruction) to make the shepherd's pie into the crock of the large crock pot. We need that crock pot for the mulled cider. So we'll make it into casserole dishes instead, and heat it in the oven. That's the usual way, the crock pot is our new, 'no brain' way of making it. Now I have to remember to turn on the oven.

The elevator call button in the basement isn't working so dh had to walk up a flight and use it from the lobby. He didn't have much but I need a dolly load of bins from the basement so we'll have to go together, load the dolly and then one of us will run upstairs and bring the elevator down. He phoned in the service request so someone with mobility issues won't get stuck in the basement.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Table is opened up (still one tiny leaf left but it won't fit here) and the sounding cloth and table cloth are on it. I have put the piano keyboard away to make more room to move around but it is still very tight. I will use the piano bench instead of a chair since that is easier to get by.

I have more than enough chairs now that I'm using the balcony dining table chairs inside at the table. They fold so are usually stored where the keyboard is now. I had promised myself I'd buy nice folding chairs for this Christmas but then the new balcony table came with folding chairs so I didn't have to. Bonus, they store on the balcony in the summer.

Return to “Post When You Can”