Friday with Friends PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Friday with Friends PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am

Share your Friday with our PWYC village friends...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Friday with Friends PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 am

As usual on Friday mornings, I'm sitting here on the computer too long and need to do some straightening up for the cleaning lady. More this time, because dd came through last night and worked on her menorah here, will come by this a.m. to complete. And I need to finish up mine also!

I'm actually dreading dinner at temple tonight. 150 reservations already? It's going to be packed full!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

Mine is a dysfunctional Friday.

My tingly/numb foot is such a distraction. And I have a twitchy nerve next to my eye (that started last night.)

I'm up, have eaten but haven't s2s yet. The bedroom is tidied and my clothes laid out for the day but I keep getting distracted by little things, like finding a spot for the portable charging bank dh bought me weeks ago as a get-well soon gift. I've decided on my computer bag (since that includes extra charging cables and electrical cords. The other day, when I was waiting for the car, my phone got low but then I noted the coffee bar seating had wireless charging built into the counter so I could sit there and put my phone on that and use it.

Ok, I'm going to poof and shower and do some stretches to see if they help the foot.

Just got word that one of the refugees can't come tomorrow night (he has a shift at work) so that means we are definitely using the dining table. That is now my second highest priority (babysitting this afternoon and shopping for groceries for tomorrow is the highest.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:51 am

DGD7 and I were first up this morning. She was hungry so I made her 2 waffles along with a glass of milk. An hour later DH got up and made pancakes for everyone. DGD7 ate pancakes too! Where does this skinny little girl put all that food?

Our weather people models are starting to agree on the winter storm. Now they are saying we will get 1/2" of ice followed by 6-8" of snow. That is much better than the wild possibilities they were telling yesterday.

Today is homeschool Day #88. We tend to do a light school day (2 hours) when DGD7 is here because DS10 doesn't focus well when he isn't by himself. DD is supposed to come get DGD7 this morning for a few hours. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 pm

H is here and on call sigh so I have tweaked my day.
Laundry is going.
Time for my breakfast.
Have a book to return to the library. Yea another big one 400 plus pages book read.

Have turned the corner now h is complaining bc I am cleaning instead of not cleanig!
I said push pause on the movie commercial break to vacuum, right before a fight scene.
L r vacuum x
shake throw rugs x
sweep kit. &
dining room. X

Next up
Vacuum bed rooms
Spiff Bathrooms
Empty coffee grounds.
Write letter.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 pm

I am sorry you are still having health issues d kathryn (((()))) praying.

hello d twins, d kathryn, d lady, d nancy et all!!!

yesterday I spent the day doing errands - not christmas anything. ;)
worked on papers, checking, receipts, checking deliveries, phone calls and filing, for 2 days.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:46 pm

Dd has come and finished her menorah and gone, and mine is finished also. I have some extra supplies laid aside for mine in case something like a graham cracker breaks on the way to temple.

Dcleaning lady has come and gone and a.m. routine is done except for showering later probably before temple.

I might try to nap just a little...it seems like a good time.

Hello bw2 and LadyM!

Kathryn, you've been so active this week it's not surprising to have an "off" day now. Remember to keep taking care of yourself!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Blessed: shingles last 3 - 5 weeks on average. So I have about 2 weeks to go before I will start complaining bitterly about them. And for some people, the nerve pain continues for up to a year.

I'm now dressed and I did a round of physio. That means I've done nothing else today. I will take an Advil and then head out for babysitting and errands. I'll take my computer with me in case dgs actually sleeps when he is supposed to.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:02 pm

totally understand d kathryn!!! dd younger suffers from nerve pain bc of her disorder and I know how horrible it is!!! praying for healing for you!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm

only things done:
but at least they are done so that is a huge plus :D 8-)
paper work done.
groceries ordered
dh picked up my and dogs meds
s2s but not beautiful 8-) :D

next: clean up desk

Return to “Post When You Can”