SATURDAY DOINGS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: SATURDAY DOINGS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi!

Made some more donations to a local thrift store that puts all money into the food bank in the same building and everyone that works there is a volunteer. Dh and I also went to 2 other thrift stores in the area. Did some grocery shopping. Got a cottage roll for supper. It is now on the stove and the water is coming to a boil.

Dh is watching some football game. I think I will go have a nap. There was no knitting today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:53 pm

waving hi... heading out.

I have not been good at swish and swipe each day. that's my goal this week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm

(((d dee - busy night)))

we had a neighbour about 3/4 mile away who had cows and pigs and I always thought they should have been shut down. their fence was horrible and every time I went for a walk there was one mean cow trying to break the fence to get through to get to us.. I always expected that I would find myself and dd younger up a tree 8-) because of that cow. their animals were mean probably because of the family. piglets would be found dead on the road probably bc of their area would be broken. They were rough mean people. I don't know why.

We used to have periodic cows loose from the big dairy farm (clean clean clean and responsible owners) but every so often the "girls" would find a way. rare but boy can cows run fast.

I hope you are not responsible for getting rid of the horse. so irresponsible.

praying that the other horses are treated well.

I know longer live in the country but still remember those neighbours.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:18 pm

(((Twins))) So sad about your dfriend's dh.

What a night, (((Dee))) -- sad about the horses. I hope no one (human) was injured too badly when they hit the horse?

^ Did you already say? I apologize -- my comprehension and concentration skills lately have been borderline as bad as dmom's. :roll: I am just so stressed out about all this with her, plus exhausted from all the running back and forth, (it comes out to about 210 miles driving weekly, plus visit time, doctor appt time, PT time, etc.) I am CRAZY and I am MAD (see latest report re: d?bro in J&C).

Anyway. I AM "putting my oxygen mask on first" as they say, and this weekend, I am staying put here at home, for the most part. Thursday I got my hair trimmed, and Thursday afternoon, dgs helped me decorate the tree -- and he truly was a big help, and he enjoyed it so much. Then dgd arrived (with her parents) and it was "Katy, bar the door." They ran all around the house, just wild... and apparently all the Nativity figures had a great game of hide and seek. Before they left, I made dgs and dgd find everyone. There were "the we three kings" (as dgs calls them) in the potted plants, under the window seat cushions, under the dining room table... Mary and Joseph in the kitchen... baby Jesus somewhere else... donkeys and camels running all around... Good grief.

Last night we took the dgrands and ddil to the Christmas parade, and they really enjoyed that. DDIL and I went in a local antique store that neither of us had checked out since they opened, and were amazed to find a $20 poster from our local (now torn down) theater. I got that for ds for part of his Christmas present.

Today... I'm about to get in the shower and then color my hair, and dgs will be coming over to spend the night. He is fine by himself, and we enjoy him so much... and dgd is normally so quiet, when she is here alone we barely even know it... but oh my... we cannot have the two of them together!

:?: Hmmm... does anyone know where I might get a 36-A wireless, front-closure bra? NOT a sexy, push-up, etc. Just a lightweight, comfortable bra. Dmom is down to ONE and she would really like another one or two. Apparently there is no such animal? I have searched everywhere. Walmart and Target only have these in larger sizes, apparently. Same with Belk.

I DID get the photo album repaired. This is embarrassing. :oops: The lady at Hobby Lobby lined up the posts and got a screwdriver and screwed them back in. Yeah... that's all I needed. A screwdriver. :oops:

Aaaahhhh... LadyM... that is why George Strait is in LV, right? Soooo happy for your dbro! Maybe he will even get to see George! :D

Hope your dgs feels better soon, Kathryn. So glad to see you sounding so much better yourself!

Also hope all of you in the snow zone stay safe! And I hope y'all all keep it north of here. :!: They are predicting snow Monday -- when I am supposed to take dmom to her first PT appt. However, temps are expected to be in the 40s, so not much concern at the moment about road conditions. I hope that prediction holds. It's pretty to look at, but NOT to drive in!

Waving to ALL!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Cathy - I had to do a google search on Cottage Roll. I had never heard it called that. I find it interesting how areas use different names for the same food.

LucyLee - Would any of these work? Bra, another one, and another one

Thank you to whoever fixed the URL link. It wouldn't work for me yesterday but today it is working A-OKay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Still haven't heard how the people who hit the horse fared. Did hear however that the horse ended up in the front seat of the car & the car was totaled. We never heard a thing, nor the gun shots when they put the horse down. Our window faces that road and it's less than 500' away. Owner did tell dsonil that a new fence is going up in a week. Isn't that a bit like closing the barn door after the cows get out? He's been 'warned' several times.

Had our Christmas party at church and I'm still stuffed. Had a very nice afternoon. DD still isn't home from her wrapping 'gig', but expect her before too long. Not sure what to do about dinner. We're not very hungry but I'm sure she and dsonil will be.

Took a short semi-nap. Usually happens when I try to read. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm

That last one might be just right, LadyM — thanks! I “called myself” looking on amazon, but wondered how difficult returns would be if it doesn’t fit right. Are they usually good about returns?
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Look on A-river, Lucy, at 'clothes closet'. (At least I think that's what it's called). They don't bill you for so many days and it's easy to send back if it doesn't fit.

Just finished my cardiac exercises. I just have to say what my quote at the bottom says -"Simply BEGIN" Once I do the warm ups the rest just comes. Of course I have to commit to the time!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I think A-river is good about returns....however I don't know if that includes undergarments. I've had no experience with that.

I am ordering multiple shades of blue curtains for January from A-river. They are $3 with free shipping....unless you want to buy 2 of them then the shipping quietly changes to $10. It is a good deal as long as I am very careful to check that the shipping stays free before I hit buy. I am placing multiple orders so I can get free shipping with each one.

The snow has stopped. According to the weather person we got the heaviest in the state ....a whopping 3". Most of the state didn't get anything. And for this, the governor declared a state of emergency? Oh Please. I am starting to think the milk & bread companies have something to do with our weather people predictions. Want to sell out on all your products? Just have the weather person exaggerate. >>>groan<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm

LadyM: our predicted flurries didn't happen so the view was stunning all evening.

Dinner is over. Dishwasher's second load is running. For load one, the bottom was full and the top almost empty. For load two is it almost the reverse. But I wanted to run the dishwasher between courses because I knew it wouldn't hold enough to make it worth while to wait.

With everyone bringing food, it meant we only had one dish and some servings spoons to wash up along with the dishes.

One child was threw up so that is now cleaned up. The parents did surface cleaning but I've done a vinegar and water wipe down. Especially since it is my bathroom the germs will be in. And the mat is in the wash. Apparently there was some in the hall so if I smell it tomorrow I'll wash those floors (the dad cleaned it up with paper towels.) That reminds me, I need to empty the garbage can in my bathroom.

My tree is decorated. I'll probably rearrange things (the children all wanted things to go up high so it is top heavy!) My apartment is now all decorated for Christmas except maybe a bit more in the dining room (I'm still thinking on that) and my nativity scenes.

I'll stay up until the washer finishes and then head to bed. The dishwasher will be done by then too. I'll put away dishes in the morning.

Return to “Post When You Can”