SATURDAY DOINGS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SATURDAY DOINGS

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am

Sure you probably have plenty of those going on. It was a 'short' night here. Woke up to sheriff lights shining in our window. Then I realized the horses next door were running in our driveway & next to the house. There were many sheriff cars on the main street (which is less than 300 steps away). Finally about 1:45 there was a sheriff at our door looking for the owner of the horses. I did have a phone number that I got from dsonil last year one time when the horses got out. Gave that to them. Did see an ambulance drive away so someone obviously was injured. Then about 8:30 there was a sheriff at our door again. She got the phone number of the owner(s) and called them from here. He hung up on her and told her he wasn't coming to have someone take care of the dead horse. We have no idea where the other 2 horses are at this point. I do know one was running outside our window last night & I'm pretty sure I saw her white coat near the barn. I'm pretty sure animal control and/or county will be coming out. The fence is in deplorable shape and this isn't the first time sheriffs have had to come to corral them and get them back in.

We have our Christmas dinner at church this afternoon so have lil' smokies going in the crockpot for that. DD has gone to pick up dsonil at his (not so dear)Mom's. He went there to stay with her Thursday night but his car broke down on the way there. Got towed to the dealership yesterday. This is the jeep they got a 'steal' on several years ago. Think it had 600 miles on it and cost them $14,000 -so brand new and with a lifetime warranty. Costs them $100/co-pay whenever they have repairs, but it's better than a new car payment.

Yesterday morning we got up to no water and dh got it going again after cleaning the contacts. This morning -no water again. Think dh has it fixed for now. Problem was bees got in and did something with the contacts. Need to go out there and spray -after dark.

Going to try to get busy and get my exercises done before we leave for church. DD isn't going as she has to help a school team gift wrap at a local mall.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: SATURDAY DOINGS

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:34 am

(((Dee))) What a long night. I don't know the laws where you live but here the owner of the horses would be in jail if they did that.

For the second night in a row, I slept almost 9 hours. I had a 4-hour sleep earlier this week so now my average daily sleep for this week is 7 hours 16 minutes. I have been diligent to raise my daily sleep average from 5-6 hours. I still stink at taking naps but I'm pleased with my progress.

The winter storm has arrived here. We have sleet coming down and temps are freezing so it isn't going to melt. The mail person just brought a couple of packages to our front door and said it was getting slick. He is really a sweet young man that delivers our mail. He goes over and above his job to make sure our packages are delivered safely. Writing this made me realize that I need to make a list of people like him to remember at Christmas. Otherwise, I will forget.

I have turned off the daily time restrictions I have on the kid's digital devices. There are days that digital babysitters come in handy. This is one of them. The kids can watch movies and play video games all they want today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Wow, Dee, sounds like a crazy night for you guys.

Here we had Hanukkah at temple last night - way way too many people but a fun service with a song leader and lots of kids and activities. I came home pretty early and dh stayed to help clean up - this after he had been there all afternoon making latkes with his latke crew. We have some stashed in our refrigerator - they always make plenty. He has gone back to torah study this morning.

I have a funeral this afternoon - there is two hours visitation before the service at 2 and I'm wondering how early I should get there to get through the line and be there for the service. I am still feeling shocked at this death - it is the dh of the work friend that I still have lunch with now and then. I used to stamp with her all the time too. He had had surgery - I don't think it was major surgery but I'm not sure, and had a stroke afterward. He was only 67 and she only retired from working last April after tax season. We just never know.

Rain is coming down here, dMuff probably won't get a walk this a.m.

Going to get ready now...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm taking a break.

Dd texted at 7:30 that they were heading to the pancake breakfast ASAP so we hopped out of bed (we were awake, playing Wordscapes on our phones) and were to their community hall by about 8:25. Dd and dsil were still settling in so we weren't 'late' and we had a lovely visit with them and some of the members of the community. Many people stopped dh to tell him how wonderful dd is. She has just resigned as the webmaster and tech guru for the group. Now with 2 kids there's no way she'll be able to help as much as she used to.

Dgs was intrigued by Santa so he and I casually walked by several times but he didn't want to even sit on Daddy's lap next to Santa. I'm convinced he should go to the doctor. He another hysterical spell on & off between 4 a.m. and 7 with his parents tag teaming. He's had a runny nose for weeks and isn't sleeping well. Now his face is all read around his mouth (but it doesn't look like Foot/Hand/Mouth but I have no experience with that.)

I snuggled him lots but washed up well while still at the hall. I'll add more vitamins into my routine today and tomorrow (I did so yesterday after being with him.) I suspect a sinus or ear infection. He isn't pulling at his ears but not every kid does. Dd said he had a fever for 4 days but it has passed but that's another reason to take him. There's too many little things and now the inconsolable hysteria. Something's up.

We got home and brought up the decoration bins from the basement locker on our way up from the car. There were 4 and I've done 2 of them now. The table is next.

Dh didn't run the dishwasher last night so I started it a while ago. There was lots of room so I remembered to put in the glass hurricanes from the chandelier. They get done once a year.

I am not putting out everything. None of the 15 nativity sets and several garlands are remaining put away. They may come out later, but I may leave them away since that means less to clean up in January.

The table is my next project. The dishwasher is almost done so the hurricanes can go back up and I will hang some precious ornaments from the chandelier so I can enjoy them but not risk them being broken.

After that, I need to sort my breakable and unbreakable ornaments. I have an empty bin to put the former in so it will be a quick task I hope.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 pm

It was 23* out when we got up at 6 thirty today. Had bfast, planning done, journaling completed. Crockpot is a great idea for 2day.
I have bagged up one bag of leaves I forgot last time I was out doing that.
Had lunch. Got the mail h. Got some he had been waiting on.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 pm

We just never know.

So True. ((((Twins)))) I'm sorry for the loss of your DFriends husband.

I am thrilled for DBro as he is currently making memories at the National Final Rodeo in LV. If you are a cowboy, this event is as big as it gets. A year ago DBro was fighting for his life against Stage 4 cancer with an extremely low probability of survival. Fast forward a year later..... Now he is doing whatever he wants. We just never know how things will turn out.

Everything outside is turning white with ice. DH has left to pick up the 800 oranges and apples and take them to the church. This fruit has been ordered for weeks and has to be picked up today. Hopefully, he will make the 40-mile trip there/back safely.

I need to start the Christmas decorations. But first....I need to remove the fall decorations.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Didn't get my cardiac rehab exercises done (yet) but did go for a 15-minute walk. Horse owner did eventually come today with a truck & a backhoe as well. Sheriff car had been at the corner keeping traffic away -they had to do something as people kept calling the sheriff's # to report a dead horse along the road. Sheriff had warned horse owner that if he didn't take care of the horse (it's their responsibility) that he would be issued a citation and be charged with neglect. Sure they're going to be anyway and are pretty sure they'll have a lawsuit on their hands from the people who hit the horse. Sheriff this morning wasn't sure of the injury(ies).

So sad, Twins.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Aw, Dee. I feel sorry for the horses, especially the one who died. I hope he didn't suffer long.

Plowing through my desk which has been neglected. All organized now, not done but organized. I brought a bill back to pay online. So glad I figured out how to do that.

I have tackled the cushion covers, but only to measure what I needed to buy. I don't know what's wrong with me these days. I just couldn't figure it out and worked and worked and finally got the measurement. No further along with that.

House is neglected because of all this extra work. I can't think straight with all the stuff swirling in my brain. I keep losing my cell phone. Annoying.

DH wanted to go bike riding so I said yes and we went off. Thought it might help. Now I'm stressed and tired.

(Twins) sorry about your DFriend's husband. Why does it seem like there are so many tragedies around the holidays?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:15 pm

My neglected desk is a roll top. The top is down. I pulled out my laptop and will put it in a pretty case so there will be no need to open up the roll-top at all!

Ornaments are sorted.

Table is 60% done. I got an email adding someone and a phone call removing someone so I'm back to even. Good thing all I had done before the phone call is put a chair in the open spot. I've removed it.

I've given some of the silver a bit of a polish. I need to do the water jugs with proper silver cleaner (instead of my polishing gloves.) All the cutlery needs doing. I'll dim the lights and light candles, no one will know. The china cabinets haven't been cleaned for at least 2 years and need it desperately. Usually I put on a Christmas movie on my laptop, haul out everything, clean the shelves, then wash everything in a dish pan on the table, then put things back. I know then, if I pull something out it will be clean. Not this year!

Dh just fixed a light timer for me so I'm back to full strength on those. I might put up some more lights next week since I have another timer.

I will not be baking today, I've run out of energy. I didn't commit to bringing anything so that's fine.

There's still 30 minutes of tidying to do as well so I need to get back to work. I have 2 hours and would like 30 minutes lie down if possible.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 pm

18 curtain panels down (fall colors) and in the washer. I've got today's load of washing in the dryer. I'll hang it up in a few minutes.

I've got 9 curtain panels hung up (Christmas colors) and have the other 9 ready to hang up. I had to stop and eat something because I was getting shaky.

We have about 2" of snow on top of the ice and it is still snowing. DH made it back home safely. He said he passed 4 wrecks with vehicles off the road and crashed into something. The interstate has been closed due to multiple fatality accidents.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”