Monday All Day Long

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Monday All Day Long

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:19 am

No thoughts for the title. Just the facts.

Share your thoughts and doings with your PWYC friends.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Monday All Day Long

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 am

Monday is off and running here.

DD came an got DGD7 dressed this morning then took her to school.

DH has been launched to do fasting blood work. Then he will do a little shopping for me. I need a couple of ingredients to make the dishes for the funeral meal.

I am working on updating digital SHE cards. They are looking rather forgotten. Life gets too fast sometimes to keep them updated. But when they are not kept updated then I forget to do things.

DD requested taking DS10 to her work Christmas party tomorrow night. I want to encourage all interaction between DD & DS10 but it is going to be a tight one to make this happen. Tomorrow night DS10 already has one Christmas party followed by a 25 mile drive to get to his band concert. I told DD that she could take DS10 to her work party after those are done. So that means DS10 will have two parties and a band concert in the same evening. Ughh Are the holidays over yet?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

Yep, I guess you're right, LadyM -It truly is Monday: ALL DAY LONG. Time for me to get moving on the week. Dh and dsonil just left to go to Lowe's for something. Shudder when I think about those two going to that type of store. They think it's a $1/bag candy store. :roll:

Church was great yesterday -so like this Pastor.

Been looking for red/green M&M's. DD said the other day she bought them and also told me they're in the freezer of the back fridge. NOT. I've looked everywhere I can think of she might hide them. Have to hide those things or dsonil gets into them and has no control and ends up pretty well polishing off the entire bag of anything like that -especially the Hershey kisses. Dh got those out to make peanut blossoms in a while. Told him he needs to DO it as long as he has them out or he won't have any.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am

Just walked around the block with dfriend M and Muffin and Ruby. I had to get out of my pajamas when she messaged me about walking. :D

We had a quiet weekend here - we had rain all weekend, yesterday dh and I went out for breakfast and went to see "Bohemian Rhapsody." It was a great movie, I thought, not altogether factual but entertaining and good music. I also downloaded a book and read a lot on Saturday and finished the book last night.

-breakfast and meds
-refill meds containers
-kitchen clean up
-list for the week
-start a lol

I think M and I are going to the gym together this afternoon. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Woke up to 1/4" inch of snow it is nearly gone now.
Transitioning to new planner for Jan. Seems to be my focus. I think I am over the hump with at least part of this.
I can move lists to transfer on new sheets later on as old sheets are movable. :idea:

I was pleased to get 15 min. On the warping of my floor loom project trying to get it wound on to finish using up
some weft supplies I have here that are just taking up space.
Took meds. Had breakfast, journal & planning done. I have a plan for dinner.
Homne blessing is on my mind.
Waving to everyone. I have one letter to write this week to get the last card out.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 pm

I did that round but am having trouble getting moving again.

-make the bed
-reboot laundry
-reschedule massage appt that is on Wed (I will go to DAR meeting and a funeral Wed)
-get two gift cards addressed to mail today
-take out kitchen trash

baby steps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm glad it's Monday. The weekend was super social and it has left me feeling rather off balance.

Saturday was my sewing group meeting. I attended the board meeting followed by the regular member meeting. Then some of us went out to lunch together, which was nice, although they chose a restaurant that is expensive.

One of my sewing friends handed me a bag full of knitted hats to donate to my library's hat & mitten tree. I dropped those off on my way home and noticed that the tree is already so full that a laundry basket was put next to it, and now that basket is full, too. I talked to the volunteers group last night and gave my opinion that they could easily distribute most of those hats right away and we'll still continue to receive donations through the end of the month. There's really no need to delay getting the hats out to people who need them. A couple of the volunteers said yes, they will stop by to pick up the sizes they need for whatever facility they can take them to.

Yesterday I volunteered at the TinyTown holiday festival for a couple of activities located in the library's big community room. Library volunteers were asked to use the Parks Dept. concession stand's popcorn machine to make and hand out bags of popcorn. Well ... I don't know how to run the machine but luckily another volunteer had experience. She made 3 batches that all burnt and we finally realized that the motorized arm inside the pan wasn't turning. The popcorn was just sitting on the bottom of the pan and there wasn't any way to shake it. I had my key to the library's store room in my pocket so we raced down the hall and grabbed the library's popcorn machine. It's small and slow but it did work. An hour into the event a guy came to look at the big machine and right away saw that it was missing a necessary part; we couldn't fix the thing, but at least we knew that it wasn't our fault.

My boss had also asked me to keep an eye on the students who were running the hot chocolate line, since that was also a library sponsored booth. (The boss was upstairs all night organizing the line to visit Santa.) The students were having a fine time so that was easy.

I told the group at the start that I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole event (attempting to set boundaries on my time). Half an hour before the end when I realized that with late arrivals there were 4 volunteers at the popcorn booth and 4 at the hot chocolate booth, I bugged out. I walked the few blocks to the Historical Society's little museum and went in to see their Christmas display. It was really lovely.

Then I walked the few blocks home. It was nice to have everything located so close to home so I didn't have to fight for a parking place and worry about my car being dinged. The weather was cold but dry, which was very pleasant after working in a warm room full of people.

Today is a normal work day and I'd better get a move on to get ready to go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm

oh my gosh I have been on my franny all morning. I had so many plans but have been on the computer dreaming of the perfect gift baskets. :shock: ;)

I hope you are all well.

peace to you through your day.

timer in hand again. reality ahead of me. 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Good morning everyone! I have been MIA since my last post 11/30! No particular reason, just never made it in. I have not (and probably won't) CUOP, but I did search each day for my name. This weekend, I was hardly home at all. Not good since I need to clean up for houseguests! Friday, I left payroll early to have an estimate on the door and wall damage from the break in. Then onto the church cookie exchange. (Most of my 6 dozen now reside in the breakroom at payroll). Saturday was the usual cat adoption clinic. We got a good application for my foster Chelsea. Briggs was at his ambassadorial best. Loki was not there, because he is at another foster house. Before I left the house, he was already exploring and purring at the new people. I am told he has gotten up close to sniff the two dogs and was not perturbed in the least. From there, it was on to a friend's birthday dinner. The daughter of another guest was trolling for men FOR HER MOM!!! And got one! Her mom seemed quite pleased. Unfortunately, mom also seems desperate. At least the man gave the impression of being a true gentleman, though no one can reveal all in a 20 min conversation. The evening ended on a bummer for the birthday girl with a parking ticket. It was $12 so it could have been a lot worse.

Sunday was yet more goings on: church, animal org cat meeting about our new setup, then back to church for carols and white elephants. (By the way, absolutely NO ONE likes elf on a shelf. The people who got those could not even GIVE them away.) Will I be able to sit down and take it easy tonight? Nope: grocery run, dance class, cat food run. Once I get home, I need to come to a decision on the hallway color and find and order the last dragon in DD16's collection. There are also minutes and notes to be typed up for the animal org and LOLs that ought to be put away. I need to balance the checkbook, catch up on some filing, and cleanup for Christmas guests. And fix the guest toilet. And and and ...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Elizabeth, fingers crossed for Chelsea!

It's hard for me to believe, but I went to WMart this a.m. Dstepson came and took me. He had been out to check, and saw that with the melting, we had a window of opportunity through the sunniest part of the day if we used his 4-wheel drive truck. He already had to go out because my granddog Hailey had a vet appt her mom wanted her to keep if it was possible.

The smaller businesses I'm interested in are closed all day - the printer and a pharmacy. This particular WMart had somehow posted a "Yes, We're Back" online message, so dstepson knew they would be open. The only trouble we had was the parking lot, but it was do-able. They had a long line of interlocked carts to direct foot traffic far around the roof overhang as you approached the store doors, so that no one would be hit by falling ice. It was crashing into the carts at times, making big splats, but contained. Our check-out guy had been called in from a store that couldn't open, and was confused by the register, but was figuring it out and laughing about it - everyone in a pleasant mood.

Dd38 says her family of 6 are all sick. One thing about a family of children - viruses just fly through them, especially when there is a toddler. They are all stuck at home of course - dd says it was 2 days ago that her univ announced complete closing for today. She says DangerBoy doesn't even feel like walking out into the snow, so the child is sick for sure.

More importantly for them, dsonil's older brother suffered a stroke while he was out at a restaurant with their dmother Sat night right before the storm hit. Very difficult time for dsonil's extended family right now, yet dsonil feels he shouldn't go to his family at hospital while he has a virus. So dd says he is pacing the house constantly.

Dd has been
painting all day. Three different canvasses in various stages of completion in the dining area. We haven't heard a peep from her.

BookSaver, it gave me a smile to think about your walk home from such a festive day, with a pleasant stop to see more decorations. Yes, I hope those handmade hats can be given soon, before people purchase instead, not knowing the gifts are coming.

Also a smile to think of Nancy working at her floor loom.

Also at Dee knowing in advance men will probably buy more than they need at a Lowe's!

Hope LadyM's ds10 has a good time at the events.

Return to “Post When You Can”