Monday All Day Long

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday All Day Long

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:14 pm

I walked the dog glad it was warm enough to do that today yea!
H is home now.
Got most of my stuff done today that felt great.
Trash is dumped.
I picked up the back yard.
I have a plan for dinner.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Very long 24 hours at our house. Dh was in pain and having problems before we went to bed last night. Ended up going to his doctor's office this morning without a scheduled appointment. Told them he was having issues peeing but not peeing plus his sugar shot up to 28.6 although it was at 12 this morning, which is still too high for him. Dr's office sent him to emerg with a letter listing issues and results of giving them a pee sample. We got there around 9 and dh was in a bed in a private emerg room before 9:30! and finally left just after 5. Numerous tests, ultrasounds, catheters, blood tests, urine samples, etc., etc.... We walked out with a script for antibiotics and Tylenol for the pain. Total cost was $5 to park all day and just over $7 for a bottle of Ty lenol. Dh was off work today and will be off tomorrow. He is on salary, so pay isn't an issue.

We had a bucket of chicken from the Colonel. Dh missed lunch because he was in too much pain to want to eat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

((Cathy and dh)) I'm so sorry to hear all this has happened.

Elizabeth, joining a local group of which you were already a member is strange, unless she actually didn't know you belong. Most spouses - men or women - aren't particularly involved in a previous spouse's choices of ways to spend free time. Why would they be, unless the community is so tiny there are no other places to go. Is this a competitive group of people? To me, a planner is an example of utility. It's one of the rare items in life that has a goal of whittling down the time a person has to give to its purpose.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 pm

I'm glad I pushed myself to go to the Y. DS10 invited a friend to go with us and they had fun swimming, running and playing basketball. I did the sauna, walking track, elliptical, recumbent bike and took a shower and washed my hair.

I stopped by DMom's house on my way home and did a couple of things for her.

DGD7 stayed with DH after she got out of school until I got home. I've fed the kids dinner and then fixed myself something. DH ate leftovers. I haven't developed a good system for eating dinner after coming home from exercising.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 pm

I've done nothing since my last post but nap, eat, play solitaire and research gifts for dgs.

I was going to get him a CD player but dd suggested a globe he can play with. There's one by V-Tech for 3+ and another that is more of a puzzle. Or I might just get him an inflatable one. He loves his globe (dd's from when she was young, bought at a garage sale) but he is a bit rough with it.

I'm wondering if a world map floor puzzle might be better. There's one I used to look at that I always thought I'd buy when I had grandkids.

I'm out of my recliner now so will walk down to get the mail from the lobby. My step count is insanely low today. Most days before or after babysitting, I'd go to a store and pick up some steps. Or do housework. I'm still under 2K steps and it is too late to use the treadmill.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Spent a good share of the evening trying to load the different TV stations up home with interviews (with DS-A) about his dfriend of 30+ years who was killed Friday in a snowmobile accident. As a Mom I could hear DS's voice breaking several times in the multiple interviews, but he did keep his composure. He's really a very good speaker and wonderful counselor in tough situations. Hoping his words will carry him through what's going to be very tough days ahead for all those who loved Tom. He served as Chief of our Fire department for a couple of years before he had to move to a different county. He's a fire investigator for the State. Felt for DS-A and at the same time was very proud of him.

Dsonil is in a very sour mood tonight. DD was just heading in to listen to one of the interviews but he was having a hissy fit because he couldn't get the TV to go to the movie he wanted. He's been in that mood a good share of the evening. Hopefully he'll be smiling by morning. :? He ended up going out to his shed.

Dh is in watching the Voice -when I wasn't calling him in the office to watch a video.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Dee, your son is going through so much and it's wonderful that he's still giving these interviews and making sure his fellow firefighter is well remembered.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:07 pm

I'm feeding the DKids bedtime snacks (fruit & cottage cheese). They are late getting to bed again. Argh!

Years ago I found a wooden puzzle at a thrift store and it has been used hundreds of times by the grandkids. We are using it in homeschool now as DS10 learns the state capitols. Having the multiple senses involved (touch & visual) helps DS10 learn and retain. I have not been successful in my search for a similar puzzle to use in learning the countries of the world. We are currently using cards showing flags of the countries along with a blow-up world globe to show the location.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Tuesday all day long here.
caught up in the kitchen, so hopefully that will help.
caught up on washing, before the next possible go-round of an ex cyclone. Its not beyond the range of possibilities that it affects us later on down here. On a positive note, it helps the bushfire situation up north.
And much of the state needs the rain.

A phone call has been made. I need to do some more follow up., but am glad to have this much knowledge gained.

I'll take some time for a yoga style legs up, then get onto green bin feeding.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:41 am

Just a quick ci:
I think dgs has the v-tech globe you are talking about, Kathryn. At least, I think his is v-tech brand. I'm not sure he plays with it a lot, but it has buttons you push for questions and then you push 1/2/3/4 for the answer. He loves geography, as y'all know, and I had not thought about what you said, LadyM, but I bet having the wooden puzzles for the USA and our state has helped him a lot in learning his states and the counties in our state. He LOVES those puzzles. He will arrange the pieces by alphabetical order, size order, etc etc etc. (I found the one for our state on etsy.) He has a world puzzle, but it is not wooden, and there are so many pieces, some of them so tiny, that I think ddil put it out of reach until he's a little older.
We also have a pillow that looks like a globe -- I think I found that somewhere when ds was little.

Ditto to whomever you were quoting, LadyM, re: the elf. DDIL says they are not doing that stuff. Mainly she's too busy to be bothered, but I don't blame her. I just have real mixed feelings on the whole thing, and I am sure it gets exhausting to remember to move him and do cute things with him. I saw an idea once where someone had taped popscicle sticks to the elf's legs and put a note on him saying he could not walk for 4-6 weeks. LOL!!! That was genius, in my book! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today... whew...
We did the PT thing, the x-ray thing... went to the bank (dmom went in, with me close by for support -- didn't use walker)... got her some fish at Captain D's... and back to ass't living.
The Golden Child :evil: (dbro) messaged me asking what her schedule is for the week, but he has not responded since I told him.
MY schedule just got one MORE thing added to it -- dgd will be here around 10:00 a.m. Wed, and then I will need to pick up dgs at school. They'll be here a couple hours probably before time for the program at church.
They came over and ate chili with us tonight (just canned chili, no big deal) and they didn't stay long. I've got the kitchen cleaned up, all Christmas cards signed, stamped, and waiting for dgrands' pictures to arrive to be inserted into them.
I also got the laundry done tonight.
AND bought two more Christmas presents at a drug store in town where dmom is.

Dmom is soooo tired of the ass't living, and she keeps saying she does NOT need to be there -- the ONLY reason she is there is for MY peace of mind.
* sheesh *
I don't know if she needs to be there or not... She says she could drive enough to get her own food if she needed to, she says she certainly feels strong enough to get around her own house... I don't know... I want her home ASAP b/c (1) I know how miserable I would be in a place like that... and (2) it would be easier to get her to therapy if she were in her own home... but... I just don't know. I do NOT want her taking her medicine improperly again. * sheesh *
I know there will come a day when I will miss these times, and long for another chance to drive dmom around... and worry about all these things... but right now... oh my, it keeps me slightly anxious all the time and totally exhausted all the time.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for Dee, Mr. Dee, and ds... and dd and her dh, who I hope is in a better mood when he returns from his shop! ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”