Ta Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 pm

I went out with dh and got Costco done. He couldn't eat due to freezing so I ate while we watched an episode of television and then I prepped the laundry room for the repair guy.

By then, dh was ready to eat so we watched another episode.

He's on his conference calls now.

I'm about done in, but will attempt the rest of the kitchen clean up. I started the dishwasher but have baking stuff to do by hand.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Got a few things done today. Picked up our paperwork and the check. I went over to the mall thinking to buy one little thing for DH that I knew they had and couldn't find anywhere else.

On the way in I tripped on the sidewalk on a little rectangular sized piece of concrete which had sunk about an inch lower than the surrounding sidewalk. Caught my toe and down I went right on my knees and elbow. WHOMP! A nearby couple stopped to help me up but after I caught my breath I got up ok and was able to walk.

So, thinking about it, I walked all the way to the end of the mall where the management office is and told them about the spot, and advised them to fix it or mark it or something, because I was just sore but ok and not fixing to sue them...but someone else might. Took me an hour to find my item back at the store and get through the very long check-out line.

Going outside after all that time I saw not one mark, no spray paint to caution, no flag off to the side, notta, nothing. Ok, so someone else falls and really gets hurt or just wants a lawsuit...well, I did warn them.

I'm ok but feeling beat up. Elbow is all skinned as is knee and both dark red. Know it could have been so much worse, something could have been broken. So I'm feeling beat up but grateful. I hope I'm not stiff tomorrow.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 pm

This afternoon and evening activities went well. I am thankful.

I know you're looking forward to the day you can slow down at least a little

I wonder what life without raising kids would be like. Sometimes I wonder what I would do if my time & energy wasn't focused on kids and caring for our DMoms. But as hard as it is AND IT IS HARD some days, I am thankful that I am healthy enough to do it. I tell myself....just 10 more years and the kids raising will be done and they will be launched into adulthood.

RR - Thank you! That's the way the other grammar curriculum explains how to teach nouns. This new curriculum does it differently and I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize truth or foolishness. I like several aspects of this new curriculum and am seeing positive results already (after only 7 days of using it). I'm going to continue on with it and hopefully, the article and noun relationship will become clearer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm off to bed now. Spend a couple of hours on the phone with my childhood best friend. I'll go over to visit her next week (she can't drive due to recent surgery.)

(((Harmony))) I know exactly how you tripped, we are constantly watching for stuff like that.

My foot drags at the moment because of the nerve not working so I've stumbled 5 times today on our flat floors, with me tripping over the toe since I don't lift it up enough to clear when swinging my leg forward. I will be using walking sticks when I walk tomorrow (and I hang onto the bars of the treadmill to catch myself if I stumble.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:11 pm

A goofy moment today that reflects how different generations think. DS10 and I were having a conversation while driving.

DS10 asked, "What are you getting me for Christmas?"
I jokingly replied "Not sure. Maybe a switch or a chunk of coal"
DS10 excited exclaimed "You got me a Nintendo Switch?!?!?!? AWESOME!"
Me - "No. That expression doesn't have anything to do with a Nintendo switch. A switch & chuck of coal is an old time expression. I just said it as a silly joke. Nevermind. your not getting either kind of switches."
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 am

I put away the dishes.
Cleaned kitchen on sinks today.
Made out a menu plan.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 am

LadyM, I think I learned nouns as the subject. What is the sentence about? What is the subject? That is the noun. So easy to think of it that way.

For me grammar was always easy, maybe because my family all spoke correct English, never using wrong tenses of words. I remember telling a teacher once when the question was asked why something was said the way it was: it just sounds better that way. Not sure I could put names to the different parts of sentences / words, I just know what sounds right. Did that make me a bad student? I don't recall we ever had to repeat the things you're trying to make sense of now.

I can still diagram a sentence, though; always thought that was neat. As an adult, do we ever have to explain the structure of a sentence? Or do we just have to speak correct English to be understood as an intelligent person? Funny, as easy as grammar was for me, I never had an aptitude for foreign language. I would be lost in another country.

Return to “Post When You Can”