Ta Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:14 pm

nothing has been done. I am going to pick myself up again. breath in and start.
I have to remember I am doing this for myself and my family.

hoping Your today is wonderful.

1. paperwork pay bills and balance check book
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 pm

I still haven't had a proper lunch so just downed a protein bar. I had popcorn earlier so it will be a high protein day. I need get some veggies added to that!

I made up two batches of Crispix party mix. And edited our Christmas newsletter (ds wrote his article today while doing laundry.) Dh is working on pulling it together now. I guess we'll send one out this year (when I wrote my article we weren't sure if we'd be doing cards this year due to the postal strike and my energy level.) Not sure if we'll be mailing from the US or not. It doesn't save us money any more (the dollar is not longer near par) but US delivery is way faster than Canadian, even more so when you figure in the rotating mail strike which is supposed to be over but there's still disruptions.

Ds went to take out the first load of laundry from the dryer and ended up with something getting soaked on the floor. A pool of water under the washer and dryer.

Dh searched and all washer connections were dry so we called it in and cleared a bit of room for the super to work. It is likely the door seal on the washer so a technician will be in to fix that tomorrow or later this week. I'll get my shelving unit out of the room (it is utility shelving on wheels) to give the tech more room to work.

Next up for me is to go to Costco while dh is at his appointment. It is the best Costco in our area, but I'm awfully tired so may end up putting this off.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 pm

I went to the store glad I went early walked the dog tk the corner the wind is howling outside now and started to rain a bit.
Got the freezer restocked and food put away. Glad I thought about a mealmplkan & menu while I was making a groc. List.
Lunch is done.
Trash can is back in from the curb.

I got the mail got the dish washer ran. Leaves blew off the roof so I had to sweep the deck off again, and rake some again.
:idea: I got a marked down planner in the right size took out the old pages, and it will work for 90 day planning.
Wind has pretty much stopped it is heading east towards Montana.
Read a bit in the book I want to finish up hopefully before the new year.
I can see snow in the mountains around us.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm

I made another cobbler and have it baking in the oven now. This cobbler stays home and is for us to enjoy.

Doing prep for this afternoon/evening activities -
** DS10 hair is washed again. We have had some learning opportunities with transferring the hair washing responsibility from me to him.
** DS10 dress clothes are ready for him. I am not letting him put them on until the last moment.
** Piano bag is packed with book, binder, and money for the lesson.
** Percussion instruments plus an extra stand are packed for the concert.
** Discussion and decision made about items to take to 4H Christmas party. We are going to stop by a deli and pick up a sweet tray to take.
** I have no plans how or where we will eat dinner tonight. The kids are hungry about every 20 minutes so skipping it isn't an option. I'm thinking we will be forced to do fast food drive through and eat while driving between events.
** Gathered a bag of canned goods for the food drive
** Put hot rollers in my hair. Trying to look a little nicer than my normal wash & go hair.

I'm thinking too hard about this....but I can't decide. Do I record tonight's concert or not? If I record it then there will be proof just how bad they sound. Without a recording then the memory can become fuzzy and the brain can convince yourself it really wasn't that bad. However, if I don't record it then I miss out on the opportunity to capture a first in DS10 life.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Ladym...

I taught my “kids” that nouns name a personal, place, thing or idea. All can be touched except ideas such as freedom, love or friendship. To start with I would give my student several sentences and have them list and then count how many nouns were in each sentence

I should add first we wrote nouns for each category.... person: mother, teacher. Place: home, bedroom. Thing: dog, book, bike. Idea: love, friendship.

Then we played this game. Find and list ALL the nouns you see in the classroom. The student with the longest correct number of nouns wins.

Proper nouns alway begin with a capital because they are special nouns that “stand up”.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Congratulations to your dNephew, LadyM. Know how important that is.

DS-A called us early this afternoon. Said, "Dad, I have a dilemma!" Dh told him, "No, you don't". Your place for part of the day is to attend the funeral for fallen friend and former chief". Since he's the present Fire Chief that's part of his duty. But then his dniece (our dgd23) is getting married at 1:30. The funeral is at 2 I think. Told him to do his part in the service, then go to dgd's reception. I texted her to let her know what was happening, trusting she'll understand.

Harriet, yes it is a situation.
It must be difficult to put on a brave face for the camera.
Yes, I'm sure it was. Every TV station was different and had different questions evidently. But this Mom could hear the break in his voice often.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm

I am sure she will understand d dee (((())))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:59 pm

I lost today. I had planned a busy day. well I will go do Christmas cards instead.
I would love to have the energy to have washed the bathrooms down and dust. lets see where my heart takes me.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm

DGD texted me back, Blessed, and says she does understand. Said ddil-A had talked to her and told her about all that was happening. Feel bad for him, but know he will get through all this as will all the others so affected by the death of one so young and well liked.

Got tonight's report from our pastor up north. Now I know why the secretary told me yesterday that she wanted to get the annual reports done the first week of January. Pastor said in her report that secretary will be done on the 3rd. I remember Pastor saying at our October meeting that she wasn't sure the new secretary was going to work out. Not sure where this leaves us with the Annual Report needing to get done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

I am so happy!!! d dee!

Return to “Post When You Can”