Ta Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Ta Dah Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am

Celebrate all the little things (and big things!) that you do today!

Count the Ta Dahs!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 am

Dh woke me up around 7 because we didn't see each other at all yesterday and he wanted to check in. We are going to a concert tonight and I'm supposed to make dinner plans with the other couple for before the concert.

He went by and saw our friend who is in the hospital last night - he had two mini strokes? although maybe they aren't sure? DH says his blood sugar was over 600 and blood pressure sky high when admitted. I was asleep when dh got home late.

I am going to the temple cemetery today at 11:15 with a couple of others re: an indigent cemetery plot. First time I've gone to show plots, I think two others are going so I'm just along.

I need to get busy.
-get garbage can to the street
-start a lol
-make the bed
-wash up, brush teeth, get dressed, walk the dog (it's cold out there!!)
-breakfast and meds
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you for the puzzle discussion last night. There are wooden world puzzles but interestingly, the comment on one was "I wish this was more like the 50 States puzzle." Obviously, carving the US into 50 pieces, shaped by the state is easier than carving up the world, given the vast amounts of water, and the many countries that are too tiny to be their own piece (not to mention choke hazard.)

It made me go back to the puzzle from Lee Valley that I've always wanted to buy. Those pieces are uniform shape to make the puzzle easier for younger children to put together. It has 252 pieces so would be a nightmare for dd. From a practical point of view, it is sold out for this year (as is the wooden Melissa and Doug one at Amazon although my local specialty toy shop carried M&D so maybe they'll have one in stock.)

There is also a map store within walking distance (long walk distance will have to stop for rests at coffee shops and diners along the way!) that may have something. I'll make a DPC to confirm before walking (and walking into temptation, we love maps in this family, last time I was there I bought a road map of Tanzania for dh.)

I'm up. Slept ok, until 12:30, 2 (got up), 5:30 and out of bed at 7:30 after sleeping to the radio from 6:30 onwards.

I've finished tea, chocolate, light therapy and responded to emails.

I still have to s2s and eat breakfast.

There's a raging snow storm. Granted I was sleeping to the radio but I honestly don't have any memory of snow being forecast for today. And the long-range forecast on Sunday didn't mention anything except gathering clouds through the day and maybe a flurry in the late afternoon. My plan to go walking today is currently on hold.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 am

Morning is off to a good start.

DD came and got DGD7 ready for school. I fixed DGD7 waffles to eat while DD was brushing her hair.

DH has been launched to his quarterly diabetic appointment with the family doctor. I'm interested to hear what his A1C is this time.

Funeral dishes are underway. I've made a big disposable pan full of coleslaw. I doubled the recipe for cobbler and have it baking in the oven now in another big disposable pan.

DMIL just called and said the Christmas card she mailed to DSon and family was returned with wrong address stamped on it. I'm confused why the post office did that. I doubled checked with DDIL and that is still a good address for them. They can only guess the post office delivered it to the wrong address and that occupant returned it. Weird.

Homeschool is underway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 am

Is your ds still moving, LadyM? But evidently haven't as yet, right?

Good plan to stay in, Kathryn -we don't need another fall from you.

I'm trying to space myself out a bit. Unexpectedly (just hadn't paid attention yet to the calendar down here) had Women's Group at church this morning, but decided about 5am that I wasn't going to try to go. Had planned to go with dh this afternoon to AT&T to get his phone re-programmed and then to the hearing aid center to pick up his phone device to hearing aids & to switch out the batteries. He got new ones there a couple of weeks ago and they gave him the wrong size. Discovered that yesterday when he tried to put new ones in his hearing aids. So, for the moment, he only has one that's working. Tonight I have Church Council up home -if we can set up a conference call. Not sure that's really going to work for me to be able to take notes. We'll see. Sitting in on the meeting might be ok, but not sure I'll be able to catch all the talking. Then tomorrow morning we'll probably go to breakfast with dbil/dsisil. (We try to get there well ahead of them so we can sit where dh can sit facing the door -otherwise it just doesn't happen. This goes way back to all his briefings for all his world travels & often quite necessary.)

Dh has gone out to the shed -pretty doggone cool out there. Dsonil finally came in as he was too cold. It was 45 out when I got up -I know- a summer breeze for those up north. ;) How are you faring, Harriet? Just stay safe -all of you!

Hoping ds-A is able to keep up with everything with all the weather and happenings up home. Keep waiting to see when the funeral for our dfriend is going to be -not that we can go, but I have a pretty good inkling it'll be sometime Saturday. Mainly to accommodate all the firefighters. Know ds is trying to keep up with his snowplowing/salting business and our DGD23 is getting married at 1:30 Saturday.

We were able to put a little levity in our lives yesterday via FB. DS-A posted a picture of dgs6 in the back seat of their car -in full dress hockey gear, including his helmet. DS captioned it with "Guess S is fearful of "ddil's" driving so is prepared." DD then posted a picture taken last summer of our dgs14 with his full lacrosse gear, including helmet in the backseat of their car -captioned: "Guess it runs in the family". DDIL replied she was pretty sure it had been dS-R driving in that case. DD replied -she was right because the picture was too perfect for dS-R to have taken it. Gave us some light moments. I reminded both boys that they rode with me less hockey gear to hundreds of hockey games. So who was smarter? :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 am

Checking in. No rain here yet. H went to work was scheduled later than usual bc of the lack of light I think.
Journal & planning done.
I have done 30 min. On the stat bike.
BS was up this morning so waited to have breakfast.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:50 am

As I feared, :? , but I'm sure timeline will all work out for DS-A. Dh got notice from the fire department that the funeral is Saturday. I figured it would be to accommodate fire departments and depending where it will be. Know DS will work it all out (DGD23 gets married at 1:30 & the reception is right after -so maybe he'll make it to one or the other.) Know he'll definitely need to be at the funeral.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Home from delivering funeral dishes. Glad to have that done. Oh man....that cobbler looked and smelled AMAZING. I will try to make another one for us ASAP so we can get a taste to see if the recipe is as good as it smells.

My schedule this afternoon is back-to-back
2:30 - DS10 piano lesson
3:45 - pick up DGD7 from school (DH will do)
3:45 - DS10 Christmas party at school in a different town
5:00 - DGD7 piano lesson then drive 25 miles to....
6:10 - DS10 band concert
Before 8 - DS10 and DGD7 to DD work Christmas party.
Then we will bring them home and put them both in bed.

ARGH! DS10 was doing some online division problems on KHAN Academy and just announced he made 100. I looked at him because I know his capabilities. Then he admitted to using google calculator to get the answers. So now he has twice as many problems to do using pencil/paper and no digital device.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 pm

I don't know how you do all you do, LadyM. YOU ARE AMAZING! I know you're looking forward to the day you can slow down at least a little, but don't wish the time away.
So now he has twice as many problems to do using pencil/paper and no digital device.
Sounds so much like the consequences in dd's class. She often says she'll tell someone to put their phone AWAY! They then ask how she knows they're on their phone and she says (to us) she so wants to reply: "Because no one spends that long looking at their cr otch!" But of course does not. Just says, she knows. :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm

So now he has twice as many problems to do using pencil/paper and no digital device.

*snort* (It isn't right that that made me laugh but it did and it obviously caught Dee's eye too!)

I'm s2s and have had breakfast. Kitchen is tidied up with the breakfast dishes done. I watered the plants. First load of laundry is on. Second load will be postponed until tomorrow. Ds arrived with several loads to do.

He lost his weekend to dental pain. Two trips to the ER, many sorts of narcotics, many rides from friends who were understanding about him throwing up in the car. The dentist has stopped the pain for now. He still has another appointment but is waiting to hear when. Aside from the additional dental bills, he lost two shifts so he's net negative $$$$ for the weekend.

Dh has an appointment today about his broken implant.

Return to “Post When You Can”