Ta Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

((((Kathryn's dh and ds)))) Youch!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi everyone! I got groceries and cat food, but dance class was cancelled because I was the only one who showed up. The performance is on the 16th and there would have only been two rehearsals before that. The teacher and I decided that our class would not be performing, just not enough time to prepare or people committed to it. I made progress on the minutes and notes but have not finished them. Stayed up too late on those @#$%!!! computer jigsaws. Why do I do this to myself? Tonight is Girls' Night Out, which will probably be dinner + homework. I have suggested to the x that we cut DD16 off the fan fiction sites completely. It has affected her grades for two years. Cold turkey time.

Harriet: The planner group was started by a mutual friend (MF) of me, the other woman, and the xBFF. The xBFF has spent the past six years telling all and sundry what good friends I am with the x and the other woman, deliberately misinterpreting my politeness for an actual desire to be in their company. This better fits her fantasy that life is really a rom-com. (By now, I am supposed to be remarried and taking vacations with the x and the other woman with my new husband because we are such good friends and have so much in common. I am also supposed to recognize that they were meant to be together and my 21 years with the x was to prepare him for his true happiness with her. And my true happiness with the man her script calls me to find.) She has even insisted that we were all good friends while I was explaining to another divorcee how hard it is, but that it is better to maintain civility. xBFF interrupted to tell her about the "great relationship" we all have and what good friends we all are. (She cannot grasp that I deserve better friends). It is possible the xBFF encouraged the other woman to join, telling her I want her to be there. It is possible that xBFF encouraged MF to invite her. xBFF believes it is good for me to see as much of them as possible so we can remain great friends. It also allows me to see how "they were just meant to be" (her words) and encourage me to "move on" (her definition = find a new man, my definition = best revenge is living my life well). It is also possible that the other woman simply found the group herself, either randomly or by looking at MF's online activities. My bet's on xBFF though, she is so sure she knows what is best for me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Done with that round.

A couple of other ta dahs:
-called dfriend re dinner tonight and made a reservation
-tinkered with iPhone and bought storage and backed up to iCloud in case it quits on me
-checked my bank account and mother's online

never posted this earlier before I left to go to temple cemetery, I'm home again now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Nothing to update you all on except the laundry is hung up to dry and I ate popcorn.

I'm slowing down now.

Ds just came to ask me to prepare some financial paperwork about his mortgage since he has a meeting with the broker tomorrow. It was all complete and the cheque waiting for him so it was good to be a few steps ahead of him.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Is your ds still moving, LadyM? But evidently haven't as yet, right?

Yes, still moving but not yet. They closed on the new-to-them house over a month ago. I am staying far far away from this issue because it is a point of unease between DSon & DDIL. Both of their kids are in private school (ie no school buses), plus multiple private lessons and many other activities. The new-to-them home is on the other side of town from their current home which means about a 30 minute drive each way to school, lessons & each of their activities. DDIL wanted to make some changes to the new-to-them home so some renovations are going on now. I've heard it mentioned they won't move until after school is out. DDIL is the one that keeps all the balls in the air in matters dealing with home & kids......I'm being a good MIL and not questioning her decisions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Elizabeth, your friends sound abnormally obsessed with your life! Sorry, I just had to say that.

My big TaDah today is that most all my Christmas cards are in the mailbox. I have to write one letter still and get one special card... and all I can hope is that I haven't signed them wrong. Some are ___name and ___name, some are grandma and grandpa, some are Mom and ___name ... but I'm not taking them apart to check now. I've added some because people's families have 2 addresses now, and kids grow up and move away, and some kids get too old to be added to their parents cards... 19 so far. Feel good I've gotten that far.

Need to run out and pickup paperwork at an office, a check, and go buy that card and a gift card. Oh and stop at pharmacy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:12 pm

its been a very upsetting two days. so I will get back to work to help me move forward.
(((kathryn))))
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Got the estimate for the door and hallway repair. I need to get my banking info to the insurance company, but the email with the link still has not arrived. It is not in spam either.

Harriet: It could also be that I am reading way too much into a coincidence. Maybe I am the problem! On the other hand the xBFF is an x because she no longer accepts me and the way I live my life. I do not fit her fairy tale vision anymore. The fact that I don't want to and refuse to do so means (to her) that I am judging her. Sort of true: my judgement is that the way she lives her life and what she wants for me are not right for me and never will be. Is it right for her? I will tell her ... as soon as I can read her mind and predict the future.

I am going to copy blessedw2 and use work to move forward. Thanks for that post!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:38 pm

I am so sorry. I keep trying to post but get interrupted. This has been waiting almost since the thread started. I need to start posting a sentence at a time. :roll:

Lynlee, Tuesday all day long, lol. Various things made me smile yesterday. I will add in smiling while thinking of you doing yoga legs up. Is the green bin compost?

helia, it's so good to hear from you.

kckgirl had not been feeling well last we heard - hope all is well.

Dee, I told ds about the situation in which your ds finds himself - sadness but efforts to make sure friend is remembered. It must be difficult to put on a brave face for the camera.

The phone rang after I had gone to bed but was not yet asleep. Stayed up talking to dd38 for a good while afterward. She had been awakened by knocking at their door - dsonil's sister asking him to drive with her to hospital after all. So he left on a long drive rather than sleep. The whole family (her inlaws) is struggling with the unexpected succession of events now that their dear oldest brother has been transported for surgery. I may have been able to give a smidgen of advice but mostly agreed with dd's decisions and her "take" on the situation, which might have let her sleep better.

Assuming weather reports are right, I'll have another window of opportunity for errands and will see if that pharmacy decides to open today. If not I'll stay home anyhow since other errands aren't that important.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Homeschool is finished for the day. There were a few bumps in the road but overall it went smoothly. When I get time I've got to figure out articles and nouns. The new English curriculum says to teach finding articles (a, an, the) then use them to find the nouns. It says articles are followed by nouns (with adjectives in between sometimes). That sounded easy....I started wondering why the other English curriculums didn't teach this method of finding nouns. However, what the rule says is not always true. WHY DO THEY TEACH A RULE THAT ISN'T TRUE? argh No wonder I'm lousy at grammar.

DH got a good report from the family doctor. His A1C was 6.3 so it is up from last time but still low enough to not require medication change.

Once again I see why I need SHE cards for the simplest of things. I was focusing on different things this morning which means I didn't remember to do the fundamental daily tasks. *sigh* I score 100% on sidetrackable abilities.

One of DNephews is in the news for being awarded the Firefighter of the year. This is my oldest brothers son. It is a bittersweet moment because I know DBro would be so proud of his son. DBro died almost 7 years ago but is never far from our memories.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”