Wednesday Workmates

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Workmates

Postby BookSaver » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 am

Forgive me, no chance to cuop.
I am struggling with the house but can only keep trying to not be discouraged as long as I can accomplish the 3Ds. Trying to get enough sleep. Since yesterday morning I feel like I might have caught a mild virus so I'm pushing vitamin C and lots of water. Nobody has time to be sick. However, if I am going to get sick, I need to do it NOW and get over it before Christmas Eve or I won't be able to see DMom.

We have been lucky with weather and the predicted "wintry mix" rain/freezing rain/snow did not show up yesterday or today. Dry roads for driving around to run errands, no problems until entering crowded parking lots.

Yesterday:
Went to a new boutique on the far side of TheBigCity and had to drive around the neighborhood several times to find the tiny store. It was worth the drive.
Found gifts for my boss that I hope will make her laugh. (I was given her name for the staff gift exchange.)
Found a perfect birthday card for younger DSis, as long as I put it away where I can find it again in September.
Found a small decoration for myself by an artist whom I admire: an Anti Bad Vibe Shield.
Stocked up on a bunch of groceries at Aldi.

Today:
Found a funny Christmas card to take to my oldest DSis on Friday.
Found gluten free chocolate cookies for the bottom layer of the dessert I'm taking for Christmas Eve.
Found other random specific food items that were not available at Aldi -- for example, name brand sweetened condensed milk, because the store brand versions I have tried have not worked for my fudge; gluten free chocolate sauce for the Christmas Eve dessert (Aldi brand's label said it could possibly contain wheat); frozen corn/peas/carrots/green beans mix that has been out of stock at the 3 other stores I've searched.

I still do not like shopping. :P Blech. I wish I could stay away from all stores from now until after Christmas, but I mght be forced to make one more trip to wm and maybe Sam's. That will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the weather.

... This post has been sitting for some time as I suddenly realized that ALL of my good bras were still in the washer and needed to be hung up to dry overnight or I won't have one to wear to work tomorrow. :shock: Some other work clothes needed to be moved to the dryer and set to partially dry. I cannot stay up long enough to wait for them to finish. I'll have to remember to start the dryer again in the morning to finish drying them, or scramble around to figure out something else to wear to work.

Then on my way back up from the laundry room I saw some dishes still soaking in the sink from this afternoon. Had to finish washing those or start over tomorrow.
Therefore, obviously I'm not doing that great keeping up with the 3Ds either! :|
Oh well, try again tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”