Wednesday Workmates

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday Workmates

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:19 am

Lately I saw the word "workmates" used and thought, sure, I have workmates.

I think of friends here as my workmates :idea: (Twins' is great at suggesting this) and might consider my family as workmates at various times. For specific projects in my life I may have many different workmates - for instance, I have musical workmates when I go to a rehearsal of song leading. Sometimes I think of appliances as workmates, trying not to overload them as well as expecting a lot! ;)

Do you have workmates who will encourage you today, or workmates with whom you need to communicate well?

Is there an attitude you can adopt to be a better workmate to somebody else who needs you today?

Harriet

Re: Wednesday Workmates

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am

Last evening I couldn't find time to say:
((Harmony)) ouch, ouch! Surely they will do something about it. But really, they lose credibility the longer they take.

Speaking of losing credibility, HVAC guys have not shown up again. They could have effortlessly called us at least, even if they only used the call to say their absence was all the weather's fault. They know we've always paid our bills. They know we were talking to them last week about agreeing to their annual contract. (were)

Yesterday my workmate was dd as she photoshop-ed our two rapid-fire Thanksgiving family photo snaps to get one that avoided closed eyes for one grandchild and one ddil. :) I cropped that and sent off to Snap fish. That will be waiting for me this morning at local Wal grens. (the young man took these for us - so nice I threatened to have him photoshop-ed in!)

Today planning:
extra laundry
Desk Day correspondence
pick-up: printer, Wal grens
visiting my colorist

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 am

Busy day here today, DAR meeting/luncheon at 10:30 then visitation/funeral at 2 on other side of town. I suspect the visitation line will be mobbed so I'm not going to stress myself if I don't get there early enough to get through it. Dh said they are having people to the house afterward also but OTOH I'll write a note too and make a memorial contribution too.

We were out until past 10 last night and came home worn out. Dinner w friends then Harry Connick Jr concert but we were exhausted.

I gotta get going, need to be out of here in less than two hours. Need to leave plenty of time to find parking too.

-breakfast and meds
-s2s and get dressed
-get recycling to the street
-must walk the dog
-a.m. routine, as much as possible but I'm not stressing if I can't
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 am

I'm up, just finishing tea, chocolate, and light therapy.

Had to laugh at LadyM being caught out in her conversation with ds10! She spent the day discussing how to teach grammar, specifically nouns, and was hung up not by parts of the sentence, but definitions!

Hope Harmony is not too sore today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 am

Morning...’

Hoping Harmony isn’t to sore today. I tripped on an uneven sidewalk once and broke two ribs. Went to work and wondered by the end of the day why I hurt so bad. Not fun.

Yesterday I went to my dermatologist and had a growth biopsy and then burnt off. It’s on my left upper arm and looks like a valcano. Know already that I will have to have surgery, but have to wait to find out if it’s benign or cancerous. Which ever it is, the tumor is slow growing. I have a trip planned for Jan 18th for my soon to be granddaughter and I can’t travel if I have the surgery first so will have it once I return. Same thing happened a month before my sons wedding. As soon as I got home I had the surgery done.

Today I’ll be working at my desk. My mom asked me to design a cookbook to give to her grand children. The catch is I need to be able to add recipes after these are made. I was able to find small photo albums that new recipes can be inserted as my mom gives them to me. It needs to be inexpensive as my mom insists on paying for everything. I have four family favorites of hers to include this time. I’ll keep a set for me and later on will make a hard covered book for every one.

I also have two important phone calls to make as well. One of for a recall on meat from Kroger’s. I have 5-6 packages in my freezer that I bought during the recall time.

Off to start my day. Need my breakfast, coffee and Perry. Waving to y’all!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:36 am

Thinking of Harmony this morning. Hoping all her body parts are working okay after the sidewalk ambush.

DD was a no-show this morning. I got DGD7 fed, dressed, hair brushed and delivered to the school. I did DGD7 almost waist length hair today with 2 braids which she loved. She ran to her bedroom and brought back the Barbie-like doll she got at the Christmas party last night. DGD7 requested that I braid the new doll hair just like I did her hair. Such simple things mean so much to DGD7. She is an easy child.

Homeschool is underway. DS10 is currently working on his 4th math assignment. I have shown him what the consequences will be if he succumbs to the temptation of taking the easy way to get answers to the problems. I seriously doubt if he tries doing that again anytime soon.

I have a heavy feeling in my chest and a deep chest cough to go with it. Both are symptoms of Bronchitis or pneumonia. I'll watch for fever and take immediate action if it appears.

I had planned on taking kids Christmas Caroling tonight but I might not do that with these symptoms appearing. I'll see how I feel later today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am

((LadyM)) Feel better! In your situation, knowing my own body, I'd be finding garlic and making garlicky dishes today because my respiratory stuff responds well to that.

I told the switch funny to dd20 this a.m. She's familiar with both kinds and it gave her a smile. She says I should ask if now the household gift budget will have to go up. (I'm ducking and running)

My workmate HRH and I are working on his meds puzzles. He's in charge of accounting and I'm in charge of distribution. ;)
It's like Three Billy Goats Gruff. There's a tricky med that helps with the negative effects of the bad med, that helps with the negative effects of the you-ain't-seen-nothin'-yet bad-bad med. They're all supposed to stay balanced on this bridge we're crossing, but so far it's still swaying!

My dmother's watch, which I wear every day, lost another watch band this a.m. I was in the bathroom getting dressed, ready to pull on my top, flipped it once to get to the opening to slip it on, and the watch flew off into the air, barely missing the toilet. :shock: I think I'm hard on these little watch bands (her watch takes a thin one). Thanks to this site, I know that the same repair was needed March 2012 and May 2014. I guess this time the band lasted about as long as I can expect.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 am

The database for this website needs to be culled and yet I put it off deliberately because of how Harriet (and the rest of us) use this as a respository of our minor memories. Don't worry, I won't delete the PWYC archive but I may have to split it and move it somewhere else. The key is to make is searchable by us.

I'm now s2s. Put away yesterday's load of laundry, put out fresh towels but won't run the washer due to the leak. They can wait several days. In fact, all my laundry is caught up (except for towels) so we are in good shape if it is a long wait for the repair. Or I'll just run the washer and mop up the water!

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but my upstairs neighbour, in her 90's, finally gave up the apartment and moved to assisted living. So it is being renovated. And it is very noisy today as they drill in the floors. I have a headache, not from the noise itself (which is random, not steady) but from the stress of not knowing when it will get noisy.

Today and tomorrow are my two days at home this week. I had such hopes for them.

I will head out in a bit and walk to the bank and toy store, then have lunch out. After that, I'll figure out if I should come home or just stay out. I'll take my computer backpack (and walking sticks) so I can set up somewhere to work. Or set up multiple places.

The question is, whether or not my head will allow me to work.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 am

Hoping you're not too sore today (((Harmony))).

Slept terribly last night. Was awake midnight -4ish. Slept till 6 the awake. Made the mistake of taking a melatonin about 4. Didn't help me sleep all that much but I sure am sleepy today.

Dh and dsonil have gone to the hearing center for dh and to AT & T to see about getting his notifications fixed on his phone. I may well be sorry he did this. He has the notification for the fire departments up home set pretty loud and they're in the form of a fire siren.

Think I'll at least get the dishes started. Dh said he'd do them when he gets home. I need to walk to see if my feet will stop 'zinging'. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I cooked a medium-size pot of lentils this morning. I added some garlic (Thanks Harriet!), chicken base, onions, freshly picked jalapeno peppers, and Rotel to the pot. Now it looks more like a soup than a pot of lentils. Oh well. It wasn't my plan when I started but my cooking often goes a direction I didn't plan.

DS10 is doing his Sustained silent reading (SSR) while hanging upside down on the couch. It looks uncomfortable but as long as he is reading I don't care what posture he does.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”