Wednesday Workmates

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Workmates

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Peeking in on a day when I have NOTHING on my calendar!
Helia are you sure your computer hasn't been hijacked? This doesn't sound like you, although as you got further into the lodging details I recognized you!

I am so glad I don't have crazy busy days like I used to. :D Today, with the DAR meeting and a visitation/funeral was as busy as I get these days. The burial was private so I was able to leave after the service. DH is going by their house later when they are having some friends over. This was the FIL of dh's "brudder from another mudder" although they are not as as close as they used to be.

As reported in health and wellness, I need to get some steps in today. Dh indicated he didn't want me to cook dinner, so I don't have to figure out that. I need to regroup...

-fold two lol and put away, start another lol
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter

I gotta pry my bottom off this chair....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I got in the shower washed and cut 2" off my hair, it looks good, and then walked the dog. Got one tub of laundry folded a tub of laundry.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Once I got my tushie pried off the chair, Muffin starting stirring expecting a walk. So I took her around the block once, then walked several laps more. That got me to 6K steps. I have to wonder about the accuracy of the fitbit but I'll take it. And I'm consistently using it so I'm more interested in the relative amounts, whatever they are. Wondering if it's too soon to bump goal up from 50K steps to 56K, which would be 8K per day. Right now, at 50K it's a little more than 7K daily.

so....back to that li&t....

Quote:
Peeking in on a day when I have NOTHING on my calendar!
Helia are you sure your computer hasn't been hijacked? This doesn't sound like you, although as you got further into the lodging details I recognized you!

I am so glad I don't have crazy busy days like I used to. :D Today, with the DAR meeting and a visitation/funeral was as busy as I get these days. The burial was private so I was able to leave after the service. DH is going by their house later when they are having some friends over. This was the FIL of dh's "brudder from another mudder" although they are not as as close as they used to be.

As reported in health and wellness, I need to get some steps in today. Dh indicated he didn't want me to cook dinner, so I don't have to figure out that. I need to regroup...

-fold two lol and put away, start another lol
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 pm

hi!
dishes are washing themselves
counters are cleaned
floors are vacuumed (not dining room)
more christmas cards written.

desk is lovely
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Need to fold another load of laundry, otherwise, done. Good progress!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm

yay d twins.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Right behind you twins I have folded the 2nd load of laundry & got it upstairs.
I have been working on winding warp on my floor loom made some progress doing that today. Yea me!

helia

Postby helia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:36 pm

LOL Twins! I'm glad you recognized me after all. WTG!
Neat - progress with your loom, nancy.
You've gotten a lot done, blessed.
Hi everyone!

* I made progress with the sheets - washing, putting away, remade 2 beds. I don't think I need to buy more bedding to sleep everyone over the holidays, so that's a good thing.
* I made progress on Cmas gift ordering. Since we're celebrating late, 1/5, that gives us almost 2 more weeks for shopping. I don't know when we'll celebrate with the C family though.
* I went for a jog but kept it very short b/c I went very late. . .
* I went through one pile of my work/Hebrew/old moms group binders and books

I need to put together a quiz for payroll, but I'll do that tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow, I have payroll from 12 - 4:15-ish, and then I'll be cooking and cleaning for and then hosting our Th. dinner crew - just 7 of us tomorrow!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Napped before dinner. It won't effect my getting to sleep tonight, I'm exhausted.

I've been working on the mailing labels for the newsletter. Dh is working on getting the newsletter into the printer. He needed an up-to-date count for the number to be printed so that's why I had to work on this tonight.

My brain is about fried. Just before starting this I had the scariest dizzy spell of my life. Luckily it hit when I was next to a chair so I sat down and closed my eyes. I could feel things spinning faster and faster so called dh to come immediately. With him to catch me should I collapse off the chair, I unbuttoned my jeans and put my head between my legs. Instantly the spinning stopped and I've been 'still' ever since but feel fragile.

Looking forward to bed. I'm thinking the 2 mile walk was probably too much for me.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Hello, hello!!!
Joys in J&C – dbro has given me 48 hours off for good behavior! ;) He will take dmom to appts tomorrow before going back to Atlanta, and then he’ll be back the Saturday before Christmas. He’s getting dmom’s Christmas tree up so she can enjoy it, and just generally helping to ease my mind. Good to have another set of eyes on her, see what he thinks about her strength and stability issues.

And then I see Harmony has fallen! OUCH! (((HUGS))) Your fall sounds very much like dmom’s except she hit on her face. And I don’t think there was any fault in the sidewalk, just a normal concrete joint where the curb met the wheelchair access area.
Puzzle sounds beautiful, btw!

My workmates for the day have been basically dgd, dgs, and dh. DGD and I played with the little doll house for a long while, and then I started filing dmom’s paperwork – left undone since at least March and here we are in December!
We went to town with dh, and stopped at the post office, dmom’s bank, and the drug store (for dmom). Then dh took me to photograph a couple of houses for my brick-book project (houses my dgf bricked)– most likely not going to be a Christmas present, but I am renewing my hope to complete it by March 1 for dmom’s birthday.
After dgs arrived, I just continued with the filing until time to go to the church Christmas play.

It was hilarious. One of the sheep – dgd – could NOT stand still and alternately ran to hug Joseph (dgs) or wrestled with Joseph for her headpiece, which she kept taking off. She also made every indication that she was going to take Baby Jesus and make a run for it, but she never did. Mary, the Babe’s mother, was entirely unconcerned about the well-being of the baby, and just danced about in her spot, when she and Joseph weren’t carrying on a conversation. Very entertaining. I give it two thumbs up.

Waving to TwinsDeeNancyElizabeth

Kathryn – YES – it is WONDERFUL to be able to search our archives for certain events. Thank you for taking care to keep everything available for us. Ooohhh… dizziness like that can be so scary! Do take it easy on yourself.

LadyM… take care of yourself! I hope you feel better soon!
DMom called to make sure I had her doctor appointment on my calendar for tomorrow. No Mom. I'm taking you to two doctor appointments on Friday. DMom said, "Isn't today Thursday?"
DMom sometimes gets confused but so do I. I'm not putting either one of us in the dementia category ......yet.

Yes. This is my life.

Rose, the recipe books sound so nice! I should do some of those with my dmom’s recipes. Hope the growth and the surgery for it don’t cause too much trouble for you. (((HUGS)))

So sorry about the watch band, Harriet… I had a jewelry mishap Monday. First I realized I had apparently lost the tiny pearl stubs that best friend’s parents gave me for high school graduation. Then I broke the necklace I was wearing, made of glass beads that belonged to dgrandmother, while trying to get my coat on. I was pleased when I got home to find my earrings on the nightstand… but the necklace did NOT magically repair itself, so I’m going to need to take it to the jewelry shop.
I am sooo sorry about HRH having to deal with all this medicine – and you. Just the logistics of dealing with a lot of different pills can make you crazy, not to even mention the side effects! Did you say what HRH’s diagnosis is – am I being nosey? Just ignore me if you don’t want to say.

Helia’s holiday schedule makes my upcoming weeks look simple!

Well, I must get back to the filing chore. Almost done now. Yesterday I got all the laundry done after I got home from dmom’s appts. Housework is not high on my priorities but I am keeping dishes and duds taken care of, I guess. Got Christmas cards in the mail this morning, and most of my shopping is done. I still haven't got ds anything except a movie poster -- and I need to order a frame tonight for it! Also nothing for dnephew. So hard to buy for and whatever you get him has to be easily carried back on the plane. I mostly give him and dniece money... but need some little something for them to unwrap. Still need to wrap several items. Need to get dmom something else too... * Need to look over and update my LIST. *
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”