Thursday in the Thick of it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thursday in the Thick of it

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh -- I LOVE the Jimmy Stewart movie, It's a Wonderful Life, Kathryn! Is the play the same as that movie? That is absolutely my favorite Christmas movie. I used to show it to my classes -- I thought it was good for them to consider how their lives and seemingly little things they do can have lasting impact on others. One principal we had asked me once why I was showing it, what literary/educational value it had, and I told him we would be doing Romeo and Juliet when we returned in January, and I thought it was a good antidote to the suicide issue in R&J, along with just the fact that it carried pretty good life lessons on its own.

Y'all, I could not live with this kind of stress on me all the time, but I think the adrenaline I'm getting from worrying about dmom is probably good for me.
Last night I got ALL her paperwork filed -- and I mean, this is from February till now -- it is AT LEAST a four inch stack of papers in file folders -- but that 4" doesn't count all I had to DISCARD -- envelopes and junk mail -- plus the TIME it took to sort ALL that cr*p into alphabetical, chronological stacks, AND label file folders with her label maker... Good gracious. I was feeling very proud of myself when that was all done.
Tonight, I went to the church meeting, which was VERY short and uneventful (although dbil and I expected otherwise) and when I came home, I got those minutes typed and emailed to the preacher and secretary, AND I typed my teacher's group minutes and emailed them to everyone.

Also talked to dmom on the phone. She got a clean bill of health from the pulmonologist, who told her he saw NO REASON she could not stay home on her own and drive, and she is still a little stir crazy, but willing to stay nine more days, till dbro returns. So, I'll still be a little nervous until I get used to her being home alone again... but like she said, I can't control everything and I just have to relax and have a little faith. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday in the Thick of it

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Not me that movie wonderful life always depressed me.

I got the loom warp wound on.
Dinner is over.
Stared a knit project.
The bujo tracker is very motivating for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”