Fabulous Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fabulous Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:39 am

Make your day fabulous! Whatever you do, put your own fabulous touches and ideas into the day.

So many fabulous women and friends here to join in!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Re: Fabulous Friday

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:30 am

Good morning! My day IS going to be fabulous! I was able to get hold of old versions of the report to fix the query that got deleted. A boss type wants to meet with me about it next week, but I intend to finish it today and leave nothing to meet about! I will also be going to dinner with people from an old workplace that I have not seen in ages. I still won't know which twin is Jimmy and which is John.

I balanced my checkbook and updated Quicken while DD16 did her homework. Then got some home chores done. I had to listen to DD complain about monitoring/blocking software the x installed on her computer and phone. Dashed all her hopes when I told her I agreed 100% percent with the decision. (I did not tell her it was actually my suggestion). When I dropped her off, the x asked for extra time on Saturday and a late drop off. I was able to tell him I did not think I would be there due to my crazy weekend schedule. I forgot that my dance performance was cancelled. I will still be out late, even if I just take myself to dinner and a movie. It annoys him greatly when I have a good time unless DD is with me. Apparently I am supposed to live the rest of my life in mourning, pining away for him. Nope! The rest of my life will be a celebration of escaping a dreary future with him.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:59 am

I am up and going. I am feeling better today although my reluctant voice gives the impression that I am not better. DH volunteered to take DMom to her medical appointments today. I am thankful for this so DMom doesn't get exposed to my germs. Since I am not running a fever I don't think I am contagious but cold germs don't seem to play by the fever rule.

DNeice that lives with DMom called and requested I contact DMom's doctor about getting prescription for grab bars and other mobility aids for DMom. I'll check into that and see if Medicare and/or insurance pays for those items. If not, then I will just purchase them for DMom.

DD is here visiting with DGD7 before she goes to work.

Homeschool is underway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 pm

I am being drained again this morning.

PODA:
-visit dmom
-straighten up office upstairs
-what else?

I can't face anything right now. So much for fabulous.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I am up had at and did 30 on stat bike. Bs was up in the night is better now kinda afraid to eat to keep it down closer to range. Feeling better today yea, hydrate is my focus. One package getting ready to ship.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm

FABulous! I made a couple of phone calls and found the person that had the knowledge & can make it happen. The grab bars and bathtub mobility aids are paid for by Medicare but need a doctor prescription. DMom is currently in the doctor office. The knowledgeable nurse is going to add it onto DMom appointment today.
Step #1 accomplished.
Step #2 is selecting what DMom needs and that will be done on a different day after consulting with DMom and giving her time to think about it. I'll get DSis involved in this step.
Step #3 getting those things bought. I assume that will be at a medical device store. I'll do this.
Step #4 is the installation. DBro & DNephew have volunteered to do that.
Multiple family members teaming up & baby stepping our way through this. DMom called me "a troublemaker" this morning for getting this project lined up and going. No one else in the family is willing to stand up to DMom and insist that she needs these things. I'm a troublemaker because I am the one who willingly to make DMom mad in order to make it happen. If DMom isn't mad at me for these type of things, then she will be mad at me for something else. At least this has a positive outcome.

Homeschool continues. Multiple Math, typing, music, science, and English assignments have been done. Need another hour of school and then we will be done with it for the week.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Homeschool is done.

I quickly made up something for the kids to eat for lunch. Not a total nutritional failure but definitely not my best.
* Frozen french fries cooked in the air fryer (I am giving myself a thumbs up for not cooking in oil).
* Ham & cheese roll-ups (counts as protein).
* Cherry tomatoes which I told the kids was another vegetable for the meal .....then DGD7 quietly said "Nana, do you know that tomatoes are really a fruit?" I told her that today we are calling them vegetables!
* Pineapple chunks for dessert (fruit).
So if I don't think too much about it then I can pretend that it was a nutritional meal. >>>groan<<< Lunch is 2 vegetables, 2 proteins, and a fruit.

I text DGS23 and canceled our plans for the afternoon. I am feeling better but not up spending that much energy.

While chatting with DSis about medical aids for DMom, we started the process of planning an extended family gathering to be held in January. December is too busy to make it happen. We will use DMom's birthday (Jan 6th) for the excuse to get everyone together.

I've posted on secret FB groups about 3 events -
** Children church play practice tomorrow
** Children church Christmas program on Sunday
** Family gathering Jan 5th.

>>>>looking around wondering where everyone went?<<<<<

Editing so I don't have to find a SHEM

Took DGD7 to her house to get music piece that she will play at Sunday's piano recital so she could practice it here. I realized that DGD7 didn't have dress clothes at our house to wear at the recital so we teamed up to find something in her closet. I could only find a summer dress. I found a long sleeve shirt for her to wear underneath it. It is not ideal but we will use it if can't find anything else. Maybe I can sneak in a quick shopping trip to find DGD7 a nice dress before Sunday.
1. Know what you want.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm here, Lady M, finally! I try to check in during the day to at least cuop, but sometimes get interrupted or distracted. I feel bad that I'm not as consistent as I want to be. Anyway, today has been very dreary because of the weather going through our area. The really bad storms will be here in just a little while and I wanted to say hello. I probably will have to unplug computer.

...a little later...

It is getting darker and more gusty; I heard the mail truck go by and wanted to get our mail in and let the dog out as the storms seem to be getting nearer.

Both dh and I slept in until 9:30 this morning. However, I have kept busy today with weekly cleaning chores. I also worked out in the yard for a little while clearing the palm fronds from near the fence. Our back yard neighbor keeps trimming the palms, but throws the long stems over the fence into our yard. Not a nice neighbor. :( They are all in a big stack, ready for dson to pick cut down and pick up. I do what I can to help.

Supper today will be meatloaf; going to try to get it in oven before skyworks begin.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 pm

I think we are getting some of Sunny's weather now. It has been dark-ish all day, grey and dreary. It's sprinkling a bit and the wind is picking up. I don't mind a few days of this, makes it seem more like we're getting actual seasons.

However, it's hard in the house to do fine close work. I need lots of light to see things these days.

LadyM, if the medical supply doesn't have grab bars (they should) H Depot and Lowes have them, though I don't know how you'd manage the insurance with them. They are kind of pricey. We put them in our walk-in shower when DH was preparing for one of his surgeries. And he put a hand-held shower head in there too. It's much safer with them.

I think they should be standard equipment in everybody's showers. Much safer to put in at the beginning when builders can put backing material on the walls.

I've been sewing all day. 1 utility bag done. DH brought out his tools and the guy who has every tool in the universe had punches to punch the holes through the cloth for the grommets. He helped me put the grommets on. I have the other one to make now, but at least I have the pattern made. These things are not as easy as they look!

And I'm working on heavy duck cloth, navy blue, so I'm using my extra craft light as I work.

Elizabeth, hope your work turned out and everything is fixed by the time you have the meeting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Nope not having a fabulous Fri. But it is not awful either. The afternoon is better. Worked more on my floor loom warping project.

Return to “Post When You Can”