Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:02 am

Lucylee and I are excited about Mary Poppins Returns opening next week. I'm just sorry we can't go see it together!

Do you think Mary Poppins was a SHE?

She certainly allowed distractions!

She would certainly appreciate our Congo Fridays, after all, she sang while she did her chores!

She had that marvelous carpet bag for mega stash and dashes!

And she was Practically Perfect in Every Way, perfection being a problem that can paralyze SHEs. Maybe she blew from job to job because she didn't want to have to live up to the perfection she could pull off for only short periods of time and was worried someone would discover her secret.

If you are interested, this gent worked on the original film and has seen the new one. Twice (industry insider access.)

http://floydnormancom.squarespace.com/b ... ns-returns

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:08 am

I'm up and having breakfast now. I've also put away the regular glasses and popped the Christmas ones in the cupboard. And opened the mail. And read the review I link to above.

Today is 'make egg rolls' day for dh. We usually make them on Dec. 23 or 24 but then he puts them in the freezer anyway despite us using them on the 26th so I decided this year we'd make them early so that was one big item off our to-do list. I really don't do anything towards this except sous-chef a bit for him. In later years, I've made his family's tourtiere recipe but it is complicated and stressful so won't be happening this year. Through the year, I now make tourtiere meatloaf (skipping the pastry which is the worst part of the process) so we won't miss the tourtiere as much.

I may make the lemon squares and shortbread today.

Christmas cards are still on the to-do list as well.

And I'd like to get the my nativity scenes out and the excess bins in my bedroom put away. Maybe even wrap the presents I've bought (just a few for dgs and ds's girlfriend.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am

What a fun theme for today! Thanks Kathryn!

I continue to feel better. I still have a lot of mucous (TMI?) but it is moving around so that is a good sign. My voice hasn't returned to normal yet so that is a bit frustrating.

I visited with DSon about possible times available for us to visit them. DSon makes it sound easy - he says to come anytime we want and stay as long as we want. We can visit DGS12 & DGD7 when DSon isn't home but I really don't want to do that. Finding matching open time slots in their schedule and ours is a challenge.

Today is practice for the children Christmas play. DH is the narrator for the play so I'll just send DS10 and DGD7 with him to the practice. That will give me a couple hours alone. I'm going to use one of those free hours to visit my hair colorist.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 am

We have friends coming for dinner tonight - we will be spending the 30th and 31st with them at a cabin so we will be planning food options and things. She is vegan through dr orders/bad genes for heart disease I think so this takes some thinking. Tonight we have having steak and latkes and a mushroom bourguignon to go over steak/latkes and a green salad. I'm debating making a vegan dessert which uses raw almonds and cashews for which a trip to Whole Foods would be in order, but the timing of soaking cashews for four hours, then freezing the dessert for 4-6 hours may not work. If I don't do that dessert we'll just have fresh berries and good chocolate.

I need to get moving...I will s2s later...
-quick breakfast smoothie + meds
-walk the dog
-out the door to the grocery/Whole Foods, unless I decide that WF is too much on a Sat a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am

I got up at 5 h is at work. Journal breakfast & planning done.
It is 7 just now getting day lite outside.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Oh thank you for sharing that review, Kathryn! Now I’m even more excited! I had kinda thought the new one might be a little letdown, since I love the first one so much — but now I think it will be wonderful!

We have a man here pretty much re-enacting “Goober Builds a Car” in our carport. Not really, but he did have to go from the bed of the truck to get to the fuel pump.

I am going to a book signing — dfriend has written a children’s book — and then to see dmom.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Think "Mary Poppins" is on our 'must see' list too. Have to ask dd about that. Is it running over Christmas vacation? We usually try to go to at least one while she's on break.

DD and I went to breakfast this morning. Dh and dsonil went to ROMEOS (a group from church) breakfast at G olden Corral. Then dd and I went to 3 stores and were back home in just 2 hours. Everything we bought at P ublix was buy one/get one free so did well there. Dh vacuumed through in all the rooms except dd's room/bathroom. I then mopped our bathroom. Love my mop. Done in a flash. I've also been straightening the shelves in the tops of our closet and the office closet. Had to quit for a while -too much reaching up & lifting. I'll finish the office one shortly.

I finally slept pretty well last night. By yesterday I was just plain exhausted. I'd had 3 nights in a row of practically non-sleep. Today I'm doing well. Had to forego my cardiac exercises yesterday -I was just too tired out. So I'll have to start from ZERO again. :| Had accomplished 11 days in a row.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 pm

good chocolate.

I have spent too much time trying to find a source of good chocolate. I prefer it from A-river so I can put it on repeat order and not give any more time to this selection. I want the chocolate for me to eat a small amount each day. I get all hung up on trying to make sure it is dark cocoa and low sugar because that is what the healthy research says is best...but I want it to taste good too! I have looked for chocolate probably a dozen times REALLY and I still don't have a solution. I get all confused and quit looking in frustration. The chocolate that is healthy doesn't taste good. The chocolate that tastes good is looked down on by the trained healthy people. I want guilt free chocolate! Is that too much to ask? :roll:

I've spent an hour in the kitchen making a big pot of hash and some salmon patties. I'll serve these dishes for meals later today or tomorrow.

(((Dee))) Good job on listening to your body. What if you did a percentage of days? From what I can tell you have been 92% successful on your cardio exercises. Completing 11 out of 12 days is good! That deserves a POTB!
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:53 pm

LOL on Goober builds a car in the courthouse, Lucylee. I knew it was Andy Griffith, but had to google to read about the episode.

I have been on the run to the vet's office for dog food, went to a WF look alike that is nearer to home and not as crowded and got some of what I needed, and came home to start soaking the raw cashews for their four hours. :o Then back out to Publix for the rest of what I needed.

And I feel wiped out but have done hardly any of a.m. routine. Dfriend M had asked about going to the Y this afternoon, and I had responded "maybe" but she responded back later that she isn't able to go either. I haven't gotten in as many steps today because I didn't have fitbit on when I walked the dog. She is so anxious to get going I couldn't bear to go back for it.

I'm giving myself until 1 p.m. then I will work for 45 min and rest five. Wash, rinse, repeat. I need to finish a.m. routine, finish putting away groceries, s2s and lots of other stuff.

Lady M, the AH way of eating is that dark chocolate w minimum of 70% cocoa content is allowed up to 1 ounce daily. The small amount of added sugar isn't significant. I actually prefer the less sweet chocolate now. A good milk chocolate is good but tastes too sweet for a binge.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:26 pm

i love that start!
hi d kathryn, d lady (so happy you feel better)
hi d twins have fun with d friends.
hi d nancy!
hi d lucy!
hi d dee!
hi d twins!

I haven't gotten started at all.
dd's and I went out for coffee and juice for dd's

today is laundry day and christmas stuff inside the house.

we saw Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”