Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:37 pm

I got the living room vacuumed. Swept the hard floors upstairs.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Kitchen table and counters cleared except for what I need later. Bed made, bedroom and master bath straightened up. Breakfast bar counter is clear.

Dh is on his way home. I'll go another round, may include s2s.

The cashews will have been soaked in water for 4 hours at 3:15 so I'll do dessert then. It should chill 4-6 hours in the freezer, but I think if it comes up a little short it should still be fine...

I just saw a meme on Facebook...I made a huge to-do list for today. I just can't figure out who's going to do it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Well, chim chim-i-ney! I had to stop right away and read, then email the link to every adult in my grandchildren's families.

Ya'll, I am exhausted I think. I don't think I'm suffering from depression, but stress, and there's some lack of sleep in there, too. A form of social overload in that I am almost actively NOT doing anything for Christmas that I normally do for others each year. It's draining for me to have a lack of decor, wrappings, etc., in order to spend my time on what's best for my family. It's so counter-intuitive that my brain rebels.

Dd asked for wrappings so that she could wrap for the young man, and I just went blank - couldn't remember where it all was for a minute because I had hammered into my own head DO NOT get out the Christmas storage, and therefore was thinking she shouldn't ask for wrap. (brain fried) The house is in a state - there are 3 garbage bags on the FRONT porch. (yes, front) Nothing is wrapped, a lot of gifts either haven't arrived or haven't even been purchased. Cards are in disarray all over the dining area (which happens every year, but for a couple days, not a week). Cards will go out later than ever before. I just couldn't manage it this week. Dd caught me weapy over it, and said, "Mom, you can either have these done earlier or done the way you want them - you pick."

I'm not sharp. Today I blurted out an embarrassing thought without checking it at the vocal chords. The young man was at the door to pick up dd, and explained that his parents will head out on a road trip to his grandmother's before mailed cards could reach them. He will join them Thursday by plane. So I got their family's card and asked him to take it. He said he'd put it in his suitcase. It contains the copy I made him of the photo he took of our family Thanksgiving and I blurted out that his grandmother would see it, then, and she might worry about him marrying into that crowd. ugh. He hasn't asked anybody to marry him! :oops: WHAT was I thinking? HRH and dd didn't even catch it - they were busy at the moment. He insisted I shouldn't be embarrassed and he tried to keep it light and funny. He said, "I should expect that. I can't do the same thing for 4 years and not expect to hear brazen comments." Dd asked what was brazen and I told her, "your mother. Your mother is brazen."

Love Goober's car episode and how it works out.

Listening out for Twins' recipe results. I have used soaked cashews before for my mock tuna salad and that was really good.

I'm going to face those trash bags in the cold now. Brrrr, but my porch needs me. And obviously that's a "what's bothering me most" since I posted to y'all.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:18 pm

((Harriet)) You might be brazen, but you are a wonderful person! And remember the wise words of the Grinch:
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

I am also interested in the dessert Twins' is making. I hope it isn't mock tuna salad though.

No, Mary Poppins was obviously Born-Organized. She was a proper English nanny and she flew from family to family because, once she got the children and their parents sorted out, she was no longer needed since they could carry on without her. The Mary Poppins books are far more interesting than the film adaptation.

Dee, I'm sorry your exercise streak is over. You are right; you can just start again. I hope you are not wasing energy on less important activities such as Trivia. I mean, it's called trivia for a reason. Muffin, Twins' dog, has the right idea. She can hardly wait to get out and do her exercise!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:32 pm

LOL, yes Muffin has a fast start out the door then stops every five feet to sniff and check messages!

I think the dessert will be good, I'm cautiously hopeful. It is online here: https://veganhuggs.com/vegan-mocha-cheesecake-bites/ and is now chilling out in the freezer. They do have a lot of saturated fat, but you can't have everything, right?

Muff and I went around the block with M and R uby. Almost to 5K steps.

I'm resting a moment before finishing up kitchen clean up and setting the table.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, gals. I'll start on the next stent and see if I can string at least 11 days again and hopefully more.

We just finished watching "The Star". All the while dd has been baking.

Our dgd23 was married about 4 hours ago. So hated to miss it, but going home was just really an impossibility right now. She had asked if we could meet them tomorrow night before they head out on a cruise on Monday. Sadly, for some reason, she was thinking Orlando (which is 45 minutes away probably). They're actually flying into Miami tomorrow. Not doable. But we'll see them in the spring. And ddil-R has been sending us pics. Looks like our whole family is there. Know DS-A had to go to the funeral first.

Ooops….there's more pics. Loving it! Oh the day of communications today!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm

First round of cards and newsletters are done. There is still the in-building to do and people we missed who will come to mind.

Off to dinner now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Haven't even started my cards or our letter yet, Kathryn. We're so far behind this year. Yesterday was a completely lost day. Feeling much better today and have been getting some things done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Dee: we three (Harriet, you, me) all have excellent reasons this year to be behind. Our overseas will likely receive their cards first week of January. At least the Europe ones. Goodness knows when they'll get to Australia and Japan. We debated doing a border run because that basically guarantees the US ones will be there for Christmas and the overseas by New Years, but I just don't have the energy for that (3+ hours total driving time.)

I can just pay the money, let them be late, and save all that time and uphold my boycotting the US. The latest US bad behaviour was asking Canada to honour the extradition treaty and then signalling China that the person we detained in order to extradite to the US was taken not because they were to be tried for criminal behaviour but because the US wants to hold that person hostage in order to negotiate a good trade deal. In the meantime, China has retaliated against Canada by taking Canadian citizens in China into custody to force us to release the person the US asked us to hold.

We are home from dinner. The walking was scary. I forgot my grippers and our reflective vests (the two are in the same bin in the closet.) Since I wanted to walk on the salted road instead of sidewalk, the lack of vest was an issue.

I'm also very cold for some reason. Dh is too, so I guess it is damp outside.

I reread this morning and am sad because I didn't get anything done except the cards (and dh did 75% of those.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:08 am

I brought back the package to have it shipped that far was just outrageous. Nope not going to happen for handicrafts. We enjoyed dining out. But when we went by to see the lights in the park they were not on. Sheesh that was just weird. It was good to get out of the house. Walked the dog or tried to but sounds from target practice some where scared her both times. Had a nice chat on the phone with dd. She wants to store boxes here for a while rolling eues.

Return to “Post When You Can”